You holier than thou IFB'ers who habitually lie about the SBC.......

Escapee

Elect
Reaction score
A well know IFBx pastor asked a friend of mine how I could sit there at the Southern Baptist Convention while the LGBT movement was endorsed from the platform! I cant even wrap my mind around that question! SMH

The Holier you are the more you are allowed to lie about other people.  This includes verbally in your sermons or online utilizing Facebook memes.  Bearing false witness doesn't always apply if your in a cyber battle!

You are also allowed to call them very awful names because of our pious superiority.  You can make fun of their looks, their weight, or their disabilities as long as you are holier than them. 

Isn't that what Jesus would do?

I have been surprised at how inaccurately the SBC was protrayed to me while growing up at FBCH.

I have been surprised at how accurately the SBC was protrayed to me while growing up at FBCH.

Both statements are true.

Binaca Chugger said:
I have been surprised at how inaccurately the SBC was protrayed to me while growing up at FBCH.

I have been surprised at how accurately the SBC was protrayed to me while growing up at FBCH.

Both statements are true.

I fully agree.  The SBC is "just as bad" and "not at all as bad" as IFB preachers have portrayed them to be.

BTW, I think that most Independent Baptist Churches could be described the same.  We are every bit as bad as our "enemies" describe us and no where near as bad as they say.

Escapee said:
A well know IFBx pastor asked a friend of mine how I could sit there at the Southern Baptist Convention while the LGBT movement was endorsed from the platform! I cant even wrap my mind around that question! SMH
The SBC hasn't endorsed the LGBT movement wholesale. In some quarters of the SBC, the idea of the "gay Christian" has been endorsed. The idea being that a person is celibate but embraces a gay identity. It's not a good trend.

HereIStand said:
Escapee said:
The SBC hasn't endorsed the LGBT movement wholesale. In some quarters of the SBC, the idea of the "gay Christian" has been endorsed. The idea being that a person is celibate but embraces a gay identity. It's not a good trend.

List for me the names of people in the SBC  who have endorsed gay Christians. Names please. And dont say Dever. That is 100% a lie!

Escapee said:
HereIStand said:
Escapee said:

List for me the names of people in the SBC  who have endorsed gay Christians. Names please. And dont say Dever. That is 100% a lie!
It's more subtle than an outright endorsement. However, it's fair to say that waters have been muddied on the issue in some quarters. See SBC site Pulpit & Pen for more detail. This article is especially good,
https://pulpitandpen.org/2018/10/04/agents-of-betrayal-in-the-church/

HereIStand said:
Escapee said:
HereIStand said:
Escapee said:

It's more subtle than an outright endorsement. However, it's fair to say that waters have been muddied on the issue in some quarters. See SBC site Pulpit & Pen for more detail. This article is especially good,

When you quote Pulpit and Pen as a source that says it all!  There are no leaders or pastors that I know of who are "endorsing" gay Christians. NONE! Sounds good though on internet boards!

Escapee said:
HereIStand said:
Escapee said:
HereIStand said:
Escapee said:

When you quote Pulpit and Pen as a source that says it all!  There are no leaders or pastors that I know of who are "endorsing" gay Christians. NONE! Sounds good though on internet boards!
The problem with Pulpit & Pen is? I doubt any SBC pastor or leader posting here would endorse the idea.  Anyone is free to do their own research and draw their own conclusions. 

HereIStand said:
Escapee said:
HereIStand said:
Escapee said:
HereIStand said:
Escapee said:

One additional though. I hope that you are right and I'm wrong. Would that no pastor or leader in the SBC (or elsewhere) would endorse the idea of gay identity.

HereIStand said:
Escapee said:
HereIStand said:
Escapee said:
HereIStand said:
Escapee said:

The problem with Pulpit & Pen is? I doubt any SBC pastor or leader posting here would endorse the idea.  Anyone is free to do their own research and draw their own conclusions.

Yea anyone is free to twist the truth and make it what one wants. The SBC is nowhere even near endorsing or sanctioning that lifestyle. What ticks me off is a Methodist pastor down the street from me who has told me he would do it. When wreckless statements like this are made it puts good people in the same camp and it is a slanderous lie. I think most Independents are arrogant windbags. Am I right to draw my own conclusion? No that isnt fair or right!

Escapee said:
HereIStand said:
Escapee said:
HereIStand said:
Escapee said:
HereIStand said:
Escapee said:

Yea anyone is free to twist the truth and make it what one wants. The SBC is nowhere even near endorsing or sanctioning that lifestyle. What ticks me off is a Methodist pastor down the street from me who has told me he would do it. When wreckless statements like this are made it puts good people in the same camp and it is a slanderous lie. I think most Independents are arrogant windbags. Am I right to draw my own conclusion? No that isnt fair or right!
That's not a challenge to the Pulpit & Pen articles.

Frankly, I'm repulsed by the obvious FreeMasonry , more than any perceived acceptance of sexual deviants.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

I have been a pastor in SBC churches for 38 years...I know of no one that supports the "gay" lifestyle. I do know of churches that have been removed because of their endorsement and even celebration of the "gay" lifestyle. The matter of freemasonry is also more troubling to me...I have personally stood up against this horrid group and the many in SBC churches and leadership that are involved. Not sure that there are not many in IFB churches also.  I will continue to stand against this.  BTW-  It was because I stood against Freemasonry and the joining with the Catholics many years ago that I am persona-non-grada with the convention.  That's okay, we stopped any meaningful joining with the Catholics in evangelism, and we have at least silence the masonic influence for now.  Our church is just as independant as any other Baptist church...and we function fully in an independent way as we choose to work with the SBC in missions around the world.

T-Bone said:
I have been a pastor in SBC churches for 38 years...I know of no one that supports the "gay" lifestyle. I do know of churches that have been removed because of their endorsement and even celebration of the "gay" lifestyle. The matter of freemasonry is also more troubling to me...I have personally stood up against this horrid group and the many in SBC churches and leadership that are involved. Not sure that there are not many in IFB churches also.  I will continue to stand against this.  BTW-  It was because I stood against Freemasonry and the joining with the Catholics many years ago that I am persona-non-grada with the convention.  That's okay, we stopped any meaningful joining with the Catholics in evangelism, and we have at least silence the masonic influence for now.  Our church is just as independant as any other Baptist church...and we function fully in an independent way as we choose to work with the SBC in missions around the world.

Amen to that. One man has come into our church at left masonry. Not because I preached against it but because the gospel works. The Holy Spirit is at work. He came to me on his own, not knowing he was a mason, and told me he was out. He had no place there!

I normally don't get involved in baptist threads specially the hater ones  :) :) :)....but you SBC folk need not worry. Fundamentalism is on it's way out. New-evangelicalism has won the day. The ecumenical movement is going full steam. American christianity is going the way of England. They didn't listen to Spurgeon back in the day and we wouldn't now.

Bob H said:
Fundamentalism is on its way out. New-evangelicalism has won the day. The ecumenical movement is going full steam. American Christianity is going the way of England. They didn't listen to Spurgeon back in the day and we wouldn't now.

Profound.

Twisted said:
Bob H said:
Fundamentalism is on its way out. New-evangelicalism has won the day. The ecumenical movement is going full steam. American Christianity is going the way of England. They didn't listen to Spurgeon back in the day and we wouldn't now.

Profound.
And we see where England is today, spiritually speaking.

Bob H said:
I normally don't get involved in baptist threads specially the hater ones  :) :) :)....but you SBC folk need not worry. Fundamentalism is on it's way out. New-evangelicalism has won the day. The ecumenical movement is going full steam. American christianity is going the way of England. They didn't listen to Spurgeon back in the day and we wouldn't now.

My friend Bob is correct, I?m afraid.
As a long time IFB who became an SBC a few years ago, I agree that there are indeed problems in the SBC. I knew that going in...but they are, IMO, dwarfed by the issues with the greater IFB movement.
What we all need is Revival!

Not to worry, Trump is going to fix it!  :D