You holier than thou IFB'ers who habitually lie about the SBC.......

Escapee said:
T-Bone said:
I have been a pastor in SBC churches for 38 years...I know of no one that supports the "gay" lifestyle. I do know of churches that have been removed because of their endorsement and even celebration of the "gay" lifestyle. The matter of freemasonry is also more troubling to me...I have personally stood up against this horrid group and the many in SBC churches and leadership that are involved. Not sure that there are not many in IFB churches also.  I will continue to stand against this.  BTW-  It was because I stood against Freemasonry and the joining with the Catholics many years ago that I am persona-non-grada with the convention.  That's okay, we stopped any meaningful joining with the Catholics in evangelism, and we have at least silence the masonic influence for now.  Our church is just as independant as any other Baptist church...and we function fully in an independent way as we choose to work with the SBC in missions around the world.

Amen to that. One man has come into our church at left masonry. Not because I preached against it but because the gospel works. The Holy Spirit is at work. He came to me on his own, not knowing he was a mason, and told me he was out. He had no place there!

We had a man who left freemasonry too because of the power of the gospel. He tore his masonry card that said he was in freemasonry for 33 years, and he brought me his masonic apron.  We also had 14 families leave the church over masonry...after they tried first to get the church to "fire" me.  God's hand of protection on me and my family and the church.  Me and my family were threatened with physical harm...I have some incredible stories. But God is faithful.

Tarheel Baptist said:
Bob H said:
I normally don't get involved in baptist threads specially the hater ones  :) :) :)....but you SBC folk need not worry. Fundamentalism is on it's way out. New-evangelicalism has won the day. The ecumenical movement is going full steam. American christianity is going the way of England. They didn't listen to Spurgeon back in the day and we wouldn't now.

My friend Bob is correct, I?m afraid.
As a long time IFB who became an SBC a few years ago, I agree that there are indeed problems in the SBC. I knew that going in...but they are, IMO, dwarfed by the issues with the greater IFB movement.
What we all need is Revival!

Amen...the churches need to get things back where they need to be...no denomination will do that as it has been given to the church.

I don't deny that they 'heyday' of fundamentalism is over. 
For instance, we visit Massillon Baptist Temple (home of Massillon Baptist College) once or twice a year b/c our children play high school sports against their Christian Academy.  In their school and gymnasium, they have pictures of every graduating class since 1979 or something like that all the way up to present day. One very interesting thing you notice is the size of the classes.  In 1979, the graduating class was something like 15 or so, but as you go into the eighties and early nineties, the class size escalates all the way up into the 40's or more.  But sometime after the mid nineties, the numbers crash and burn until the last couple of years, the graduating class might be 3 or 4.
My own children's Christian school is a shell compared to what it was in the 80's and 90's, and even the early 2000's.
I would venture to guess that there is no IFB college today that has more than 500 students, 600 at the most and that would be a generous count.
I don't consider BJU IFB by the way b/c they are Methodist.
I'm not sure why you waste time critiquing IFB's since we are such a non-entity as far as influence goes in this world today.
You might do better trying to salvage what is left of the conservative SBC b/c they are going the same way as IFB'dom.
As for me, I'm not changing.
I'll be IFB until I die, by the grace of God.

16KJV11 said:
I would venture to guess that there is no IFB college today that has more than 500 students, 600 at the most and that would be a generous count.
Maranatha Baptist University has a total undergraduate enrollment of 926 and graduate enrollment of 213 for a total of 1139.

There are problems in any one group. Do those in the IFB outweigh those in the SBC? My sense is no.

The problem in the SBC is that those who were a part of the conservative resurgence in the early 1980s are aging.
It's easy to see the SBC emphasis moving to social justice and anti-racism. Themes that aren't controversial from a secular standpoint and are already part of the wider culture and mainline Christianity.

Thomas Cassidy said:
16KJV11 said:
Maranatha Baptist University has a total undergraduate enrollment of 926 and graduate enrollment of 213 for a total of 1139.
I said IFB! (Ducking and running! ?)

Tarheel Baptist said:
Bob H said:
I normally don't get involved in baptist threads specially the hater ones  :) :) :)....but you SBC folk need not worry. Fundamentalism is on it's way out. New-evangelicalism has won the day. The ecumenical movement is going full steam. American christianity is going the way of England. They didn't listen to Spurgeon back in the day and we wouldn't now.

My friend Bob is correct, I?m afraid.
As a long time IFB who became an SBC a few years ago, I agree that there are indeed problems in the SBC. I knew that going in...but they are, IMO, dwarfed by the issues with the greater IFB movement.
What we all need is Revival!

Just to clarify to all here. When I stated "Fundamentalism is on it's way out", I wasn't just refering to independent baptist only and when I stated "American christianity is going the way of England" I wasn't excluding anybody..............just sayin'

16KJV11 said:
Twisted said:
Bob H said:
Fundamentalism is on its way out. New-evangelicalism has won the day. The ecumenical movement is going full steam. American Christianity is going the way of England. They didn't listen to Spurgeon back in the day and we wouldn't now.

Profound.
And we see where England is today, spiritually speaking.

I know of a big reformed baptist church in town here who supports a missionary in a London church.

Thomas Cassidy said:
16KJV11 said:

Which means that they only increased their enrollment by 30% since the 1980s. Now that Northland and Pillsbury are gone, this is not the kind of growth you would expect if IFBdom was thriving.

The honorable Rev. FSSL said:
Thomas Cassidy said:
16KJV11 said:

Which means that they only increased their enrollment by 30% since the 1980s. Now that Northland and Pillsbury are gone, this is not the kind of growth you would expect if IFBdom was thriving.
Interesting point.

16KJV11 said:
For instance, we visit Massillon Baptist Temple (home of Massillon Baptist College) once or twice a year b/c our children play high school sports against their Christian Academy.  In their school and gymnasium, they have pictures of every graduating class since 1979 or something like that all the way up to present day. One very interesting thing you notice is the size of the classes.  In 1979, the graduating class was something like 15 or so, but as you go into the eighties and early nineties, the class size escalates all the way up into the 40's or more.  But sometime after the mid nineties, the numbers crash and burn until the last couple of years, the graduating class might be 3 or 4.
My own children's Christian school is a shell compared to what it was in the 80's and 90's, and even the early 2000's.
I'm not sure why you waste time critiquing IFB's since we are such a non-entity as far as influence goes in this world today.
You might do better trying to salvage what is left of the conservative SBC b/c they are going the same way as IFB'dom.

I guess you didnt read the reason for my post. Read it again! I was responding to something that was said about me that was a falsehood! Stay IFB. God bless!

Escapee said:
16KJV11 said:

I guess you didnt read the reason for my post. Read it again! I was responding to something that was said about me that was a falsehood! Stay IFB. God bless!
You are right, sorry.

The honorable Rev. FSSL said:
Thomas Cassidy said:
16KJV11 said:

So, there are 1200 IFB wrestlers still....

[emoji6]

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk