Alien Intrusion...

Ekklesian

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
...is available for unlimited streaming cheap.

This is one of the best documentaries out there about abduction and visitation experiences, about what is really behind them.

In the apologetics forum? Shoulda been put this in the weird conspiracies section.

In the apologetics forum? Shoulda been put this in the weird conspiracies section.
Both. There is overlap on this. I wrote a Bible Study for our youth group to use the alien craze to teach about various theological topics. Namely, the Image of God...

I believe that it has theological entanglements (as you noted), just not sure how it fits into the scheme and intention of apologetics (which I had always viewed in the light of evangelism), but ultimately not something that I would argue over. Just seemed a strange choice of subforums to me.

There are some Christians who believe aliens are real, but are actually demonic creatures in the disguise of other-beings. Personally, I’ve never spent much time studying the issue, but I think it’s plausible.

Aliens... Most people who are convinced of extraterrestrial 👽 beings seem to like to use this topic to divert attention from their accountability to God. "What about aliens on other planets?" They ask. My response is simple: "So what? How does the existence of aliens change our accountability to God?"

"...and if there's life on other planets, then I'm sure that he must know, and he's been there once already, and has died to save their souls." - Larry Norman, Only Visiting this Planet

There are some Christians who believe aliens are real, but are actually demonic creatures in the disguise of other-beings. Personally, I’ve never spent much time studying the issue, but I think it’s plausible.
Seems to me this is an instance of the existential fallacy. We can't say extraterrestrials are actually demons, until we first know there are extraterrestrials.

Of all the planets in the universe we know of, we know of only one capable of supporting life. That's no statistical basis for saying there must be life on others. And if there's no life on other planets, then supposed extraterrestrial sightings on earth are either mistakes, delusions, or hoaxes. There's no need to invoke the devil as the cause of those, when the world and the flesh explain them just fine.

"...and if there's life on other planets, then I'm sure that he must know, and he's been there once already, and has died to save their souls." - Larry Norman, Only Visiting this Planet
In Another Land, actually. Love the album overall, but this song in particular isn't his best work. Christ's return isn't as an" unidentified flying object"--it's as a conquering king whom the whole world will see, recognize, and lament. I realize the song is tongue-in-cheek, but it's still dodgy theology.

Given that the crucifixion and resurrection are the central event of human history, if there were aliens and a plan of salvation for them, you'd think it would merit at least a mention somewhere in the Bible. Perhaps they remain unfallen, which seems unlikely, since Adam's fall had implications for all of creation. Or they fell, and Jesus went to their planet and died too, which seems abhorrent, and i consistent with the Scriptures that say Christ's atoning work came to an end. Or there's no hope of salvation for them at all. Or they don't exist at all, which is the least complicated explanation and most consistent with the evidence we have.

I will say that I’ve only once in life experienced an event that some might call extraterrestrial, though in my mind it was more demonic in nature. Mind you, I’ve only experienced this once. I’ll share the story with you all, and also the end result which resulted in my salvation.

I’d say I was approximately an 11-year-old boy and was visiting my grandparents in South Carolina while my parents were on vacation together. They lived in a fairly remote area out in the country. My grandfather was out of town for the night on business, so it was just my sibling and me. I had just gone to bed and was not yet asleep when suddenly the bedroom door slammed shut. It startled me badly and I got up and wedged some shoes in front of the door so it couldn’t happen a second time.

A couple minutes after the door slammed shut, and while I was still laying in my bed freaking out over the violent manner in which the door slammed shut, I heard three loud knocks on the window behind (and beside) me. I turned and saw a skull (like this 💀 ) in the window. The skull had no body and no words were spoken by the creature. I was shaking and attempted to scream and no sound would escape from my voice. I even was pinching myself to see if I was dreaming, which I clearly wasn’t.

I immediately got out of my bed and ran across the house to my grandmother’s bedroom. I brought her back to the bedroom with me and I recall her commenting that I was shaking almost uncontrollably. I attempted to tell her about what I had just experienced and she looked out the windows of the house and said she didn’t see any cars or ever even hear any noises from outside. I told her I thought it was something satanic and I wanted to be saved and never see anything like that again. She shared the plan of salvation with me and I said a prayer and accepted the Lord that very night.

Thankfully, the creature disappeared and I’ve never experienced another event like this in my lifetime. To put the picture into perspective, I was sharing a bedroom with my brother and we had twin beds. Separating the twin beds was an antique chest, with the window behind the chest. There was nobody else home at the time and the nearest neighbors lived probably at least a 1/2 mile up the road. Interestingly enough, my brother literally never woke up during any of these events. He was out cold the entire time. Also, there were no trees near the window that could knock it as a result of wind, and the window was elevated enough that it would take someone on a small ladder to reach up and knock, unless we had a giant NBA basketball player running around the area knocking on windows.

It’s now been over thirty years since this incident in my life, and I can still recall it with vivid detail. On a couple of occasions, I’ve even asked my grandmother (who’s pretty elderly now), about this incident and if she has any explanation for it. It’s been a few years since I last asked her, but her last response was poignant and settled the matter for me. She said something to the effect of: “Maybe God allowed you to see evil because He knew it’s what would lead you to accepting that the Devil is real and you needed to accept Him as your savior.” I believe she was right.

Last edited:

Genesis 3:20​

“And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.”

I just don't see a way around this Adam excluding himself, of course. I suppose one could try to argue context referring to the earth specifically.

In Another Land, actually. Love the album overall, but this song in particular isn't his best work. Christ's return isn't as an" unidentified flying object"--it's as a conquering king whom the whole world will see, recognize, and lament. I realize the song is tongue-in-cheek, but it's still dodgy theology.

Given that the crucifixion and resurrection are the central event of human history, if there were aliens and a plan of salvation for them, you'd think it would merit at least a mention somewhere in the Bible. Perhaps they remain unfallen, which seems unlikely, since Adam's fall had implications for all of creation. Or they fell, and Jesus went to their planet and died too, which seems abhorrent, and i consistent with the Scriptures that say Christ's atoning work came to an end. Or there's no hope of salvation for them at all. Or they don't exist at all, which is the least complicated explanation and most consistent with the evidence we have.
Larry Norman was an interesting character and about as messed up as any IFBx Wack Job control freak you could possibly name. The only song I can think of that I would consider covering is "Outlaw" which is actually really good.

I thought about those "UFO" lyrics for a while and then came to the conclusion that Adam's fall affected the entirety of God's visible creation. I am certain there are other solar systems and planets out there which are (or were) likely inhabitable but there are also large expanses where there is no possible protection for levels of radiation that would cook you in an instant if you got within a few million light-years of it! God created everything and made it good and very good. Had Adam not fell, he would be alive today and no one born of Adam would die so the population density would likely come to the point where interplanetary, interstellar, and intergalactic travel to other worlds would become a necessity and perhaps part of God's plan?

God placed cherubim with flaming swords at the entrance of the Garden of Eden to keep Adam and Eve from returning and partaking of the Tree of Life. The language of Gen 11:5-9 is also quite interesting where God confounds man's language among other things to restrain his ability to "Rise up against God" and fully explore the extent of their depravity. Perhaps God also saw to it at this time that interstellar and intergalactic travel would be an impossibility? That man's total depravity would be restrained to the "Tiny Blue Speck" that Carl Sagan profoundly spoke of?

Larry Norman was an interesting character and about as messed up as any IFBx Wack Job control freak you could possibly name. The only song I can think of that I would consider covering is "Outlaw" which is actually really good.

I thought about those "UFO" lyrics for a while and then came to the conclusion that Adam's fall affected the entirety of God's visible creation. I am certain there are other solar systems and planets out there which are (or were) likely inhabitable but there are also large expanses where there is no possible protection for levels of radiation that would cook you in an instant if you got within a few million light-years of it! God created everything and made it good and very good. Had Adam not fell, he would be alive today and no one born of Adam would die so the population density would likely come to the point where interplanetary, interstellar, and intergalactic travel to other worlds would become a necessity and perhaps part of God's plan?

God placed cherubim with flaming swords at the entrance of the Garden of Eden to keep Adam and Eve from returning and partaking of the Tree of Life. The language of Gen 11:5-9 is also quite interesting where God confounds man's language among other things to restrain his ability to "Rise up against God" and fully explore the extent of their depravity. Perhaps God also saw to it at this time that interstellar and intergalactic travel would be an impossibility? That man's total depravity would be restrained to the "Tiny Blue Speck" that Carl Sagan profoundly spoke of?
So you are saying our planet might be isolated because of our sin? :sneaky:

I will say that I’ve only once in life experienced an event that some might call extraterrestrial, though in my mind it was more demonic in nature. Mind you, I’ve only experienced this once. I’ll share the story with you all, and also the end result which resulted in my salvation.

I’d say I was approximately an 11-year-old boy and was visiting my grandparents in South Carolina while my parents were on vacation together. They lived in a fairly remote area out in the country. My grandfather was out of town for the night on business, so it was just my sibling and me. I had just gone to bed and was not yet asleep when suddenly the bedroom door slammed shut. It startled me badly and I got up and wedged some shoes in front of the door so it couldn’t happen a second time.

A couple minutes after the door slammed shut, and while I was still laying in my bed freaking out over the violent manner in which the door slammed shut, I heard three loud knocks on the window behind (and beside) me. I turned and saw a skull (like this 💀 ) in the window. The skull had no body and no words were spoken by the creature. I was shaking and attempted to scream and no sound would escape from my voice. I even was pinching myself to see if I was dreaming, which I clearly wasn’t.

I immediately got out of my bed and ran across the house to my grandmother’s bedroom. I brought her back to the bedroom with me and I recall her commenting that I was shaking almost uncontrollably. I attempted to tell her about what I had just experienced and she looked out the windows of the house and said she didn’t see any cars or ever even hear any noises from outside. I told her I thought it was something satanic and I wanted to be saved and never see anything like that again. She shared the plan of salvation with me and I said a prayer and accepted the Lord that very night.

Thankfully, the creature disappeared and I’ve never experienced another event like this in my lifetime. To put the picture into perspective, I was sharing a bedroom with my brother and we had twin beds. Separating the twin beds was an antique chest, with the window behind the chest. There was nobody else home at the time and the nearest neighbors lived probably at least a 1/2 mile up the road. Interestingly enough, my brother literally never woke up during any of these events. He was out cold the entire time. Also, there were no trees near the window that could knock it as a result of wind, and the window was elevated enough that it would take someone on a small ladder to reach up and knock, unless we had a giant NBA basketball player running around the area knocking on windows.

It’s now been over thirty years since this incident in my life, and I can still recall it with vivid detail. On a couple of occasions, I’ve even asked my grandmother (who’s pretty elderly now), about this incident and if she has any explanation for it. It’s been a few years since I last asked her, but her last response was poignant and settled the matter for me. She said something to the effect of: “Maybe God allowed you to see evil because He knew it’s what would lead you to accepting that the Devil is real and you needed to accept Him as your savior.” I believe she was right.
Good testimony.

Had Adam not fell, he would be alive today and no one born of Adam would die so the population density would likely come to the point where interplanetary, interstellar, and intergalactic travel to other worlds would become a necessity and perhaps part of God's plan?
I think the Cross was always the plan. The Creation of the Sabbath Day testifies of our Sabbath Rest, which is Christ.

Good testimony.
Thanks. I fully realize how I came to salvation definitely isn’t the traditional route of “sit-in-church-feel-conviction” but it doesn’t make it any less real. I actually don’t like to tell my testimony because I realize people immediately pass judgment on my story and come to their own conclusions. I’m okay with that at this point in my life. In my opinion, the only thing that really matters is the fact that my grandmother led me to Christ. The events that happened prior to that, whether 100% real or whether I was somehow affected by a bad dream or food in my system, I guess will never be settled.

Thanks. I fully realize how I came to salvation definitely isn’t the traditional route of “sit-in-church-feel-conviction” but it doesn’t make it any less real. I actually don’t like to tell my testimony because I realize people immediately pass judgment on my story and come to their own conclusions. I’m okay with that at this point in my life. In my opinion, the only thing that really matters is the fact that my grandmother led me to Christ. The events that happened prior to that, whether 100% real or whether I was somehow affected by a bad dream or food in my system, I guess will never be settled.

“What do they teach them at these schools?”​

― C.S. Lewis, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

20 million people in the US claim to have seen a UFO, and 4 million claim to have been abducted.
There is something serious going on. Anybody who's seen or experienced these things will tell you they are real, but how do you investigate something that appears and disappears?
Despite the claims of there being crashed craft, there are none, but the do leave marks...lights can go off, strange magnetic forces appear...they're looking at the evidence and they're coming to a conclusion it's coming from aother realm or dimension.
But here's the real kicker, Scott: There's cases where these abductions have been halted by people calling on the name of Jesus Christ.