Anyone See The Equalizer 3 Yet?

Baptist Renegade

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
I haven't been in a movie theater in over ten years! The wife wanted to go out so we went and saw The Equalizer 3 since I had never seen 1 and 2 in theaters.

Spoiler alert: there are lots and lots of bad guys and Robert McCall (Denzel Washington's Character) kills them all in an extremely violent and bloody fashion!

In one scene after Denzel's character has killed a bunch of bad guys, there is blood everywhere and he starts singing an old Gospel song about "the Blood!" Should I think of it as being sacrilegious or am I a backslid Baptist Deacon for thinking it was completely bad@** on his part?

I've only seen scenes from 1&2. If 3 is anything like the others, the movie makes you really hate the bad guys before DW dispatches them in a most satisfying (in a fleshly way) manner.

The scene you described is sacrilegious. Probably a bit much for even me at my most freshly self.

Yes, I take great delight at DW giving these bad guys their comeuppance. At least he gave them a chance to repent in 1&2. Did he in 3?

Yes, I take great delight at DW giving these bad guys their comeuppance. At least he gave them a chance to repent in 1&2. Did he in 3?

Speaking of violent Denzel movies, have you seen Man on Fire? It makes a powerful, albeit indirect, statement about the limits of revenge.

Which I don't recall in the A. J. Quinnell novel it's based on. (But, for that matter, I don't think Edward Woodward's TV Equalizer was big on giving his foes a chance to repent and walk away, either.)

we saw it last week..... it;s worth seeing... once..... i don;t want to give away any spoilers for anyone who hasn;t seen it yet.... but yes... denzel does not seem to believe in redemption.... with him it;s a case of transgress and die... and he knows many different ways to make that happen.... .... but there is one thing in the movie people might not notice - but will not give away plot details if i tell about it here..... . the cia agent in this movie is played by the same actress who played the little girl in man on fire..... we thought that was pretty interesting..... i saw her in the movie and thought.. has it really been that long ago?.... and yes... i guess it has.....

Last edited:
The scene you described is sacrilegious. Probably a bit much for even me at my most freshly self.
Actually, it's quite subtle and he is singing only a few words of something I am not familiar with that got me thinking "is that a gospel song? Perhaps most would not even catch it but you can tell it definitely has a "Gospel" flavor to it. Denzel is supposedly a believer so perhaps it is something he ad-libbed?

My wife and I were singing "The Blood Will Never Lose its Power" by Andre Crouch on our way home but that is definitely not what he was singing.

Yeah, he gave them plenty of opportunity to do the right thing.

Actually, it's quite subtle and he is singing only a few words of something I am not familiar with that got me thinking "is that a gospel song? Perhaps most would not even catch it but you can tell it definitely has a "Gospel" flavor to it. Denzel is supposedly a believer so perhaps it is something he ad-libbed?

My wife and I were singing "The Blood Will Never Lose its Power" by Andre Crouch on our way home but that is definitely not what he was singing.

Yeah, he gave them plenty of opportunity to do the right thing.
Ahhh... perspective. Thanks.

I haven't been in a movie theater in over ten years! The wife wanted to go out so we went and saw The Equalizer 3 since I had never seen 1 and 2 in theaters.

Spoiler alert: there are lots and lots of bad guys and Robert McCall (Denzel Washington's Character) kills them all in an extremely violent and bloody fashion!

In one scene after Denzel's character has killed a bunch of bad guys, there is blood everywhere and he starts singing an old Gospel song about "the Blood!" Should I think of it as being sacrilegious or am I a backslid Baptist Deacon for thinking it was completely bad@** on his part?
He includes some gospel thing in most of his movies. In Man on Fire he reads the Bible. He claims to be a Christian, ut I don't get how he could do the vulgar movies that include nudity if he was.

Speaking of violent Denzel movies, have you seen Man on Fire? It makes a powerful, albeit indirect, statement about the limits of revenge.

Which I don't recall in the A. J. Quinnell novel it's based on. (But, for that matter, I don't think Edward Woodward's TV Equalizer was big on giving his foes a chance to repent and walk away, either.)
Man on Fire is one of my favorites. He reads the Bible in that one.