Does The Founder of This Forum Engage the Baptist Colleges to Participate?

One bad player on the team doesn’t make the whole team bad!
Depends on if the bad player is the "Bat Boy" or the "General Manager!"

Hyles-Anderson is rotten from the top down but I don't discount the fact that there are probably a few really good folks from there who have learned better and have went on to serve the Lord.

Colleges like Maranatha, Liberty, and BJU are generally good institutions of higher learning although each have had their quirks and issues. I would not judge any of these colleges based upon a few real nut-jobs who were educated there.

Depends on if the bad player is the "Bat Boy" or the "General Manager!"

Hyles-Anderson is rotten from the top down but I don't discount the fact that there are probably a few really good folks from there who have learned better and have went on to serve the Lord.

Colleges like Maranatha, Liberty, and BJU are generally good institutions of higher learning although each have had their quirks and issues. I would not judge any of these colleges based upon a few real nut-jobs who were educated there.
I have had 2 HAC grad pastors in 23 years. Both led me to be a better Christian during their pastorates, and neither even remotely resembled the shenanigans that often are told on here (save maybe the soft version of the KJVo penchant).

I have had 2 HAC grad pastors in 23 years. Both led me to be a better Christian during their pastorates, and neither even remotely resembled the shenanigans that often are told on here (save maybe the soft version of the KJVo penchant).
I know many great HAC grads who stayed out of the garbage that was going on there and kept themselves busy with the things of the Lord so as not to get distracted from what they were called to do. Some of them are pastors today, and they don't resemble what I've seen in many HAC pastorates.

He owns this place, it is up to him. I say, No, they wouldn't care anyway.
You are correct. Most of them have been attacked or praised to the high heavens in forums like these...They know their colleges/universities better than anyone else and don't want to get into a war of words with a nitwit!

Regarding HAC grads, all one has to do is look at the HAC alumni page to see hundreds of HAC grads (just like PCC, Bob Jones, Maranatha, Midwestern, Northern, Tennesee Temple, BBC, Crown, Golden State, Ambassador grads) preaching the gospel and serving their members and their community. Because we generally claim to be independent their choice of preaching style, bible version and ministries should be up to them and the direction of the Holy Spirit.

I have found most of the graduates from all these schools are doing Gods work in the best way they know how and making a difference. The "Bad Apples" are clearly the exception not the rule and the averages bare that out. Sadly colleges do not seem to be training enough pastors, missionaries and evangelists to replace those who are retiring due to their age. The average age of pastors trained under Jack Hyles is in their 60's and the youngest would likely be late 40's. Those trained under Tom Malone and Dr. Lee Robinson are likely retired or dead.

I pray for the day Christian Colleges train 1000's of gospel preaching pastors and missionaries to get the gospel out regardless of their style or preaching preferences. If we are to fulfill the great commission it will take 10,000's of full time servants and 100,000's even millions of active laymen to get the job done.

Last edited: