Football program canceled...

FSSL

Staff member
Administrator
Doctor
Reaction score
Some think this will drive MBU out of existence. If MBU goes the way of Pillsbury or Northland, I don't think it will be the fault of getting rid of a football program. (Wrestling has always been their main sport)

Yes, wrestling is king there.

It was a great tournament in the 80's!!

Sent from my LGL43AL using Tapatalk

Did you wrestle in that tournament?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well... I just learned wrestling was dropped already.

Sounds like a school in trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FSSL said:
Some think this will drive MBU out of existence. If MBU goes the way of Pillsbury or Northland, I don't think it will be the fault of getting rid of a football program. (Wrestling has always been their main sport)

Wrestling was gone a while back. They're trying to attract students with new degree problems such as the Master in Organizational Leadership. Not sure how effective that'll be.

http://mbusabercats.com/general/2016-17/releases/football

Interesting. I remember reading the Sword of the Lord paper back in the 60s and 70s as a young man. They advertised for christian colleges, like PBC, CCC, MCC(MBU) and TTU. All are gone or on the way out. Looks like the jinx of SofL got them.

4everfsu said:
http://mbusabercats.com/general/2016-17/releases/football

Interesting. I remember reading the Sword of the Lord paper back in the 60s and 70s as a young man. They advertised for christian colleges, like PBC, CCC, MCC(MBU) and TTU. All are gone or on the way out. Looks like the jinx of SofL got them.

Harvard, Yale, etc.  went before them (as far as being a Christian school).

I do not remember seeing Harvard, Yale being advertised in the SofL

4everfsu said:
I do not remember seeing Harvard, Yale being advertised in the SofL

Right.  Being advertised in the SOTL had nothing to do with their demise.