"His Only Son"

No, we haven't. We would if we had the ability without paying for it.

I didn't watch it (and won't).

I have no interest in watching a show about a rapist attempt murder against his child and using that story as a salvific metaphor.

This is the same rapist who argued for God to spare the sexual predators of Sodom but rationalized his own son's murder without much complaint.

I believe this story has no moral benefit, but that's just me.

If there is beneficial lesson here, maybe, it is about Abraham actually failing God's testing.

"
Each Rosh HaShanah, we read the horrid tale of the Akeidah (Genesis 22), the almost-sacrifice of Isaac by Abraham. Commentators throughout the ages characterize this story as an example of the heights of faith. Abraham loved God so much he was willing to give up the child he waited so long to bear.

But in as much as this might have been a test of Abraham, I read the story as a clear indication that Abraham failed the test."

< clip >

"Now consider this: Prior to the Akeidah, each encounter between God and Abraham occurs in direct one-on-one conversations. But from this point on, God never again speaks to Abraham directly. All further communication is passed through an angel. Why? Because Abraham simultaneously passed and failed the test. He showed his love of God, yes, but he employed violent means to pursue that love. The use of an intermediary – the angel – proclaims a message for future generations: Abraham really didn't listen to God’s teachings of compassion, did he?" (Source in link)

I have no interest in watching a show about a rapist attempt murder against his child and using that story as a salvific metaphor.
You mean the metaphor of a fictitious and un-needed salvation must be comprised of events and characters of admirable and superior morality?

Sez who?

You mean the metaphor of a fictitious and un-needed salvation must be comprised of events and characters of admirable and superior morality?

Sez who?
I don't think "superior morality" would be necessary, but at least not abusive, predatory or the use of malicious afterthought to an attempted murder, particularly when it comes out he is a hero for being violent.

Like I said, that's just me.

I don't think "superior morality" would be necessary, but at least not abusive, predatory or the use of malicious afterthought to an attempted murder, particularly when it comes out he is a hero for being violent.

Like I said, that's just me.
"Superior morality isn't necessary but I possess more of it than biblical heroes therefore I would stand justified."

"Superior morality isn't necessary but I possess more of it than biblical heroes therefore I would stand justified."
If you think that is what is what I am inferring, ya might want to look up what Universalism entails. There are systems of belief that believe judgment is egalitarian in result or perhaps believe in no judgment for anyone.

I have no need for "justification". I is extremely sad that "fathers" of a faith were reprehensible and predatory and are still being propped up as heroes. That says as much about those that idolize them as it does about themselves.

Last edited: