Is MacArthur right?

I do not have time to peruse all the posts so I will just throw in my 2 cents...

Firstly, you should hear his recent comments on "Christian Nationalism" which is rather timely. Seems to me that MacArthur is pretty much A-Political aside from understanding the role of government from a biblical perspective. You certainly do not see him "Stumping for Trump!"

MacArthur has made it clear that it is a matter of morality and that once upon a time, you could find moral character and integrity in both parties. Sadly, such is not the case these days. Moral character and traditional values will get you sidelined and regarded as "persona non-grata" in one of the parties and on the other side, such is little more than talking points in order to reach a certain demographic who pays similar lip-service.

I could not imagine ever voting for anyone who was militant in their position regarding the murdering of unborn babies and if both choices were equally repugnant, I might stay home or find a third-party candidate who placed a higher value on life, family, and personal liberty.

Johnny Mac has also said repeatedly that God's judgment is not upon America, it is already here! I believe this to be true. I do not expect to have a quiet, peaceable retirement in my "Golden Years." I will do well not to spend it in a concentration camp somewhere! The fact that the scriptures tell us that "Judgment must begin with the house of God" ought to scare the crap out of us and wake us up!

Let me say from the start that I believe abortion is the taking of human life. In Exodus 21:22-23 the killing of the unborn resulted in capital punishment. In Psalms 139:13-14 David talks about being formed in his mother's womb and being fearfully and wonderfully made. Paul Harvey explains how in 19th century America abortion was much more common than it is even today. Women at that time didn't believe that being pregnant was carrying a human life until the "quickening" or until there were signs of life by the baby moving or kicking. Could the lack of scientific knowledge that we have today and the sincerely held belief that pregnancy did not produce human life until the time of "quickening" in the 19th century be at all justified? How is it different than bloodletting which was practiced for thousands of years and other medical beliefs that we now know are absurd? From what I understand from the American Revolution to the mid-19th century pre-quickening abortion was not an issue and was legal in every state. I have tried to find what Charles Spurgeon believed on the subject but the only thing I can find is he talks about infanticide but it doesn't say whether he believed that included pre-quickening. Benjamin Franklin gave instructions on at-home abortions in a book in the 1700's. Once again I believe life begins at conception.

I looked up "the quickening" and got a Highlander movie. I'll have to look further.

In 2020 MacArthur was on the record encouraging Christians to vote for Donald Trump.
I assume, because I’ve not heard to the contrary, he‘s still of that mindset.

I'm well aware of all of this, sir...sorry, I can only call them as I see them. The context is this..the compilation of the many statements over the years from JMac would put him squarely behind the meme.

I’ve also read many statements (and volumes of other content from MacArthur) over the years and have come to the opposite conclusion.

In 2020 MacArthur was on the record encouraging Christians to vote for Donald Trump.
I assume, because I’ve not heard to the contrary, he‘s still of that mindset.
I can't imagine someone like Johnny Mac encouraging any kind of voting that would leave the current administration in place.

I've been mulling over the fact that since we are a "government of the people, by the people and for the people" is there is greater accountability for the citizenry of this nation than would be on the subjects of a tyrannical dictatorship?

I've been mulling over the fact that since we are a "government of the people, by the people and for the people" is there is greater accountability for the citizenry of this nation than would be on the subjects of a tyrannical dictatorship?
i think most definitely there is..... ...i believe since God gave us the freedom and privilege of voting and choosing our leaders He expects us to use that privilege wisely.. .... if we do not... or if we take it for granted... He might just allow us to go back to being subjects of a tyrannical dictatorship ....

I’ve also read many statements (and volumes of other content from MacArthur) over the years and have come to the opposite conclusion.
You're always welcome to your opinion, no matter how incorrect it is. ;)

I looked up "the quickening" and got a Highlander movie. I'll have to look further.
If you got that far, then you should know there can be only one!

Otherwise, it means that moment when the baby can be felt kicking.

It’s not an opinion.
It‘s a conclusion I’ve come to based on actually reading what he said.
I've read his stuff, and I've heard it too. He's not always right as some would have us believe.

I've read his stuff, and I've heard it too. He's not always right as some would have us believe.
In my experience with him, he’s right much more than he’s wrong.
What do you think he‘s wrong about that everyone thinks he’s right about?
My posts on this thread just about abortion and politics…but we can expand our horizons if you wish.

Ruckman and his crowd believe abortion is wrong because it circumvents Gods will, but they do not believe it's taking a life. Many of them, including Ruckman, believe human life begains with the first breath.

Genesis 2:7
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Last edited:
Ruckman and his crowd believe abortion is wrong because it circumvents Gods will, but they do not believe it's taking a life. Many of them, including Ruckman, believe human life begains with the first breath.

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Which, like pretty much anything to do with "Ruckman and his crowd," is moronic. Any fool can read Genesis 2 and see that Adam wasn't born. He's a special case.

I think I rank Petey and his ilk maybe just a smidge above the HACker crowd which barely makes it above Steven Anderson and his band of knotheads!

The last Canadian government to even attempt to regulate abortion was the Mulroney Conservatives, in 1991, and they failed because of a single vote in the Senate. Even our most conservative prime minister in recent years, Stephen Harper, refused to allow debate on the topic.

As a result we have remained one of very few countries in the world where there is no restriction whatever on abortion--alongside such distinguished company as China and North Korea.

Effectively, there is no political party in Canada that is even willing to talk about restricting abortion, let alone legislate against it. If I want to vote at all, I can't not vote for a party that slays babies in the womb. Best I can do is vote for a party whose local candidate might be pro-life, as opposed to the party whose candidates definitely aren't.

The problem with making such absolute statements on single-issue voting, is that you leave people stuck when your single issue is taken off the table.
I totally agree with your arguments…which are the same arguments I use in not waiting until I have a morally pure candidate before I cast my vote.

Which, like pretty much anything to do with "Ruckman and his crowd," is moronic. Any fool can read Genesis 2 and see that Adam wasn't born. He's a special case.
So was Ruckman...Didn't he ride the short bus to religionville?

I think I rank Petey and his ilk maybe just a smidge above the HACker crowd which barely makes it above Steven Anderson and his band of knotheads!
I would tend to agree with you, except encountering many Ruckmanites over the years, I would still prefer to meet up with a HAC'er.