Phil Kidd Drops Baptist?

Twisted

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
https://business.facebook.com/emmausbaptist/photos/a.450348795076851/1983569958421386/?type=3&theater

illinoisguy said:
You gotta be Kidd-ing!

giphy.gif

Twisted said:
https://business.facebook.com/emmausbaptist/photos/a.450348795076851/1983569958421386/?type=3&theater

Not just Baptist but "Church".  I looked at the web site though and officially they are still Emmaus Baptist Church. 

I don't really know anything about Phil Kidd - I would like to know more about him and about the crooks, perverts and hirelings that he commendably warns against who have flooded the IFB movement.  Inquiring minds want to know more.
Phil Kidd's protest reminds me of the article Jeff Amsbaugh posted on March 11, 2014, "Keeping Young Fundamentalists in the Camp" in which he denounced the "lunatic fringe" of the IFB movement.  Amsbaugh had a regular column in the Sword of the Lord that mysteriously disappeared at about that time - maybe just a coincidence.

illinoisguy said:
I don't really know anything about Phil Kidd - I would like to know more about him and about the crooks, perverts and hirelings that he commendably warns against who have flooded the IFB movement.  Inquiring minds want to know more.
Phil Kidd's protest reminds me of the article Jeff Amsbaugh posted on March 11, 2014, "Keeping Young Fundamentalists in the Camp" in which he denounced the "lunatic fringe" of the IFB movement.  Amsbaugh had a regular column in the Sword of the Lord that mysteriously disappeared at about that time - maybe just a coincidence.

He used to be an evangelist known for his tent meetings and was talked about a lot on the old FFF.  Now I think since he's become a pastor we don't hear much about him. 

Twisted said:

A certain amount of wrong/immoral behavior can be tolerated IF one remains true to the core fundamentals of the faith....KJVO, culottes, coats and ties as official dress and no rock music...except for Southern Gospel.

brianb said:
He used to be an evangelist known for his tent meetings and was talked about a lot on the old FFF.  Now I think since he's become a pastor we don't hear much about him.

He's had his 15 minutes. He never changed his schtick. You can't be a shock jock if your routine is predictable. We've moved on to the new hotness, which is Anderson.

OH Fighting Phil and his confederate boxing gloves.  Bwhahahahahaha

illinoisguy said:

I haven't heard him preach in person; I've seen some stuff in YouTube where he is (very badly) pretending to be a comic.

I wasn't terribly impressed.

Walt said:
I haven't heard him preach in person; I've seen some stuff on YouTube where he is (very badly) pretending to be a comic.

He's not as good as Tony Hutson or Joe Arthur?

Phil Kidd is an IFB Comedian but he's a poor man's Larry Brown and Tony Hutson who know all about comedy...........HAY MAN!

Yes, in the course of my researches, I ran across a video called "Phil Kidd - Angry Racist Moron" posted March 15, 2014 on the old Stuff Fundies Like web site.  Anybody like me, with a poor memory of the past discussions about Phil Kidd, can go check that out and refresh their memories about Phil and all that he has to offer as a preacher.

illinoisguy said:
Yes, in the course of my researches, I ran across a video called "Phil Kidd - Angry Racist Moron" posted March 15, 2014 on the old Stuff Fundies Like web site.  Anybody like me, with a poor memory of the past discussions about Phil Kidd, can go check that out and refresh their memories about Phil and all that he has to offer as a preacher.

You couldn't provide the link?

Hope this link works.  If not, google will take you right to it.  Enjoy.

www.stufffundieslike.com/2014/03/phil-kidd-angry-racist-moron/

illinoisguy said:
Hope this link works.  If not, google will take you right to it.  Enjoy.

www.stufffundieslike.com/2014/03/phil-kidd-angry-racist-moron/

No offense, but you didn't like that?

That sounds like night bus preaching to me.