Possible Reasons For Dropping the Baptist Name

[deleted] Never mind, I should have read the second half of abcaines post...

In Internet lingo, a "sock puppet" is a false second identity used for deception. It originally meant a fictitious identity created by a user to praise or defend his "real" one (e.g. "I've been reading this guy's posts, and I think he's got a valid point"). These days we also use "sock puppet" to refer to someone who creates a second identity to evade bans, stuff polls, or to caricature some opinion or position and make it look ridiculous.

The FFF's got a long history of sock puppets, especially of that last definition. As long as they're meant for humour rather than deception and are a poorly kept secret, they've been tolerated.
Ah.

Baptists, if in doubt, split.

i think the old squirrel was a presbyterian too.... mr hall was an episcopalian ...he said the difference in the 2 was that wherever you see 4 episcopalians you will always find a fifth...:unsure:.. took me a while to figure that out until i saw the same joke told about irishmen....:rolleyes: ... yeah i;m slow sometimes... and a few of the sockpuppets had a great time leading me on.... ....oh well..... i still miss some of them..... .

squirrel, wow, I could have gone awhile longer without thinking back to that character, lol. 😁

The difference between a Baptist and a Catholic? The Catholic will greet you in the liquor aisle.
In the Baptist churches my wife and I have been members of the past 30 years will too! Only one or two people in those churches would try to hide...sadly, in the two or three churches that had the huge problem with this, the pastor and the head deacon w were the ones trying to hide.

I didn't like him much at first, but I warmed up to him.
I think he had substance to contribute to the forum but I think that he played too many word games instead of just getting straight to the point. After a while that just wore on me.

Non-denominational churches are like a box of cans without labels: You never know what you're going to get.

OK, forgive the stream of consciousness, rambling as I meander down memory lane, but BASS was a Presbyterian, and that reminded me of a character that I hadn’t thought of for maybe 20 years, tachbuloth, who was also a Presbyterian if I remember correctly.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.
Remember that time Marine destroyed, and for all practical purposes, banished Bass by starting one thread? 😊