Ransom

Stalker
Staff member
Administrator
Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Baptist Press said:
Acting on behalf of the Southern Baptist Convention, its Executive Committee has withdrawn fellowship from a California church where some members, including the pastor, believe that "same-sex marriage can be blessed by God."

Without opposition, the EC voted Tuesday (Sept. 23) to declare that New Heart Community Church in La Mirada, Calif., "does not presently meet the definition of a cooperating church under Article III [of the SBC Constitution], and that messengers from the church should not be seated until such time as the Convention determines that the church has unambiguously demonstrated its friendly cooperation with the Convention as defined in the Convention's constitution."

Article III of the SBC Constitution states, "Among churches not in cooperation with the Convention are churches which act to affirm, approve, or endorse homosexual behavior."
Source

Remember the thread where ItinerantPreacher very strongly suggested that the SBC would compromise and do nothing? Well, on behalf of all non-cynical, level-headed-thinking persons, let me just say: Pfft!

/shrug

I already knew that what I believe is not SBC-compatible, so I would never have affiliated with them.

Praise the Lord for their stand. I am pleasantly surprised and willing to view SBC churches in general in a far better light. If I need to make apologies to T-Bone I will do so.

ItinerantPreacher said:
Praise the Lord for their stand. I am pleasantly surprised and willing to view SBC churches in general in a far better light. If I need to make apologies to T-Bone I will do so.

Great response.

ItinerantPreacher said:

Im sure they will be overjoyed to know this

ItinerantPreacher said:
I am pleasantly surprised and willing to view SBC churches in general in a far better light.

How wonderful! I'm sure that once Dr. Floyd hears this, he'll be grateful for the first night of untroubled sleep in months.

Why wouldn't they have made that decision? They are publicly against sodomy.

As a side note, I have visited many SBC churches when on vacation over the past 5 years and have been impressed with their genuine love for others and the Lord. They are not as wicked as your local IFB pastor screams.

ItinerantPreacher said:

Why are you so surprised?

ChuckBob

ItinerantPreacher said:

No apology needed to me...but I would encourage you to ask those who know and are a part rather than reading what outsiders, with their own agenda, have to say. The SBC is not perfect, but we have been fighting theological liberalism's attacks from the inside for decades. And been trying to express our love for God's infallible Word to those outside, but are to biased to listen.  Those who embrace same sex and open fornication, whether homosexual or heterosexual, will not find a comfortable home in the SBC...and that's fine, not here to please everyone, not here to compromise.

Izdaari said:
/shrug

I already knew that what I believe is not SBC-compatible, so I would never have affiliated with them.

So what do you believe that is not SBC compatible??

ChuckBob said:
ItinerantPreacher said:

Why are you so surprised?

ChuckBob

Because he believes the lies told by the IFB about the SBC