Tulsi Gabbard leaves the Demoncratic party.

Yep…that’s a coot! They’re fun to hunt, but taste terrible. You can set some decoys out, but as can be seen by this coot shoot video, you don’t have to sit in a duck blind and blend in or call the them out like some ducks. Cajuns call coots “Pouldeau.”
wow!.... i had no idea.... ...the hawaiian coot...alae ke'oke'o... is federally protected... there is only place i have ever seen one... and that was in the kawainui marsh outside kailua on the windward side..... but i don;t think anybody has ever eaten them even when they weren;t protected.... ..pretty interesting stuff though....

wow!.... i had no idea.... ...the hawaiian coot...alae ke'oke'o... is federally protected... there is only place i have ever seen one... and that was in the kawainui marsh outside kailua on the windward side..... but i don;t think anybody has ever eaten them even when they weren;t protected.... ..pretty interesting stuff though....
Based on a quick google search, the Hawaiian and American coots are almost identical, except yours is slightly smaller. They definitely aren’t endangered in the South. I’ve seen thousands of them on some of the bigger lakes in the winter. Ironically enough, California is a very popular state to hunt them. I only know because I’ve seen some videos online about them. Actually, San Francisco is a huge waterfowl hunting area period. I was pretty surprised to learn that while watching a couple TV shows.

biologists consider the hawaiian coot endemic to hawaii.... . but it;s pretty obvious it;s one of the birds the first polyesian voyagers who discovered hawaii, brought with them..... ... coz there is no way those things swam or flew across the pacific themselves..... ...it;s weird.... they consider wallabys endemic too and yet they know the name of the guy who brought them here and the date he turned the first one loose... .....i didn;t know that about san francisco... but it makes sense coz the inside part of the bay is huge... and much of it is shallow and very marshy conditions..... ...perfect habitat for aquatic birds... the southern part is considered a wildlife refuge...