We Need a Black Tranny to Stop Her

Ekklesian

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score

... LSU for the all-time NCAA scoring record set in 1970. With two games remaining in the season, Miss Clark averaging ~30 points a game and just needs 51 points to break Pistol Pete’s record that he set during his three seasons in Baton Rouge.
But ... The mainstream media purposely avoids the point that Caitlin Clark is doing something no one in the history of women's basketball has ever done. She is selling out arenas everywhere she goes and is responsible for the biggest television ratings in women's basketball history. Isn’t that newsworthy? Of course, it is.
So, what is the problem?
The media’s problem with Caitlin Clark is that she is White and apparently Black women basketball players resent the accolades and attention the six-footer is getting.

... LSU for the all-time NCAA scoring record set in 1970. With two games remaining in the season, Miss Clark averaging ~30 points a game and just needs 51 points to break Pistol Pete’s record that he set during his three seasons in Baton Rouge.
But ... The mainstream media purposely avoids the point that Caitlin Clark is doing something no one in the history of women's basketball has ever done. She is selling out arenas everywhere she goes and is responsible for the biggest television ratings in women's basketball history. Isn’t that newsworthy? Of course, it is.
So, what is the problem?
The media’s problem with Caitlin Clark is that she is White and apparently Black women basketball players resent the accolades and attention the six-footer is getting.

The MSM has really gone down the tubes over the past 20 years. The only thing that would be newsworthy about them is that they had failed in every attempt to silence the conservatives.

If the goal is to bury the story they are doing an incredibly poor job of it. She is everywhere.

When I was attending Lewis Clark State College, I enjoyed watching the women's basketball games because they weren't trying to go all Michael Jordan and slam the ball through the hoop. The Lady Warriors played with finesse. They took the long shots and were very accurate. I loved watching that.

One year, the men's team had a guy who was deadly accurate from the three point range. At the time, I worked doing laundry for the teams and I walked into the visitor locker room after a game and the message was on their chalkboard, "DON'T LET [the accurate guy] GET A CLEAN LOOK!!!"

If the goal is to bury the story they are doing an incredibly poor job of it. She is everywhere.
The goal wasn't to bury the story, but to marginalize her achievements.

Yahoo Sports flooded their sports page with racist articles from across media outlets that were obviously designed to diminish Clark’s accomplishments: "NCAA Debate Over Veteran Black Players Overlooked," "Caitlin Clark’s Scoring Record Sheds Light On Forgotten Legacy Of Black Collegiate Athletes “Who Paved The Way Before Her," and "Caitlin Clark joins Lynette Woodard, Pearl Moore as scoring champion."
But no -- the eunuchs in the mainstream give you: Caitlin Clark Is About To Face A Whole Lot of Racial Resentment.

So do you think Lynette Woodard has been "marginalized" even though she had more points in her college career?

BTW Roger Maris was white and he was treated poorly for breaking Ruth's record. It isn't always about race. Sometimes it's just about the asterisk. :)

When Dennis Rodman said of Larry Bird "If he were black, he'd be just another good guy" (and Isaiah Thomas doubled down in agreement) it was explicitly demonstrated that racism runs both ways in sports and society. But, when Bird was asked his opinion about the comments he said...

"Stuff like that never bothered me,” Bird said. “Everybody is going to have their opinion; they’re going to say what they’re going to say, you just go on about your business. I can remember after that game, somebody come up to me right away after they talked to Isiah. But really, it wasn’t a big deal.”

“We had fierce battles against Detroit at that time, and we knew as we went on we were going to have a lot more. But I think I said it back then, and I say it today; that stuff don’t bother me,”

Well played Mauer, well played.

When Dennis Rodman said of Larry Bird "If he were black, he'd be just another good guy" (and Isaiah Thomas doubled down in agreement) it was explicitly demonstrated that racism runs both ways in sports and society. But, when Bird was asked his opinion about the comments he said...

"Stuff like that never bothered me,” Bird said. “Everybody is going to have their opinion; they’re going to say what they’re going to say, you just go on about your business. I can remember after that game, somebody come up to me right away after they talked to Isiah. But really, it wasn’t a big deal.”

“We had fierce battles against Detroit at that time, and we knew as we went on we were going to have a lot more. But I think I said it back then, and I say it today; that stuff don’t bother me,”

Well played Mauer, well played.
Yeah, I don't think that's anything like the slants in the referenced articles.

Read the cited article first, and if you don't see the difference then I'll answer.
I had already read the cited article in your OP before responding. I just read the remainder of the subsequent links you posted. Nothing new emerged from those articles. I think there's nuanced aspects of truth in both what you may be alleging (though I don't explicitly see racism in the views you are opposing in the linked articles), and what sub is getting at. Sports (stats and records) is always argued about, probably more-so than politics. I am much more in tune with Sports ethics arguments than political ones, as such I think that Barry Bonds homerun record should be viewed with an asterisk, not because he's black but because he cheated with PEDs. In the specific case you invoke about Clark, the one woman played D-2 ball. There has to be some sort of qualifier for that sort of qualitative difference in competition. Other qualifiers are more difficult to sort out, like the difference in points scored prior to the 3-point line (which Woodard could claim), or the dilution of competion/pitching (baseball), or advancements in technology that allows for greater scouting of the opponent and their tendencies. What's the point? A lot of that is just the nature of the beast of argumentation, and has nothing to do with racism. I think Sheryl Swoops comments were ignorant, and she should serve up a public apology for the level of her ignorance, but pride often keeps people mired in their obvious ignorance. That doesn't mean there's no racist element to the analysis, as I already pointed out with the Rodman comments. However, sometimes it's much ado about nothing, as Bird pointed out. In the Outkick article it ends by saying...

"It's all a ploy to divide us and keep the media relevant. Unfortunately, it's effective".

I find that ironic, because of the self-serving (business, monetary incentives) nature of Outkick within that journalistic sphere. Both sides of the race-baiters want to fan the flames, and I think we ought to be lowering the temperature in the room with civility and grace as we speak the truth.

Ok, how is it different?
You're posting something Rodman said when asked about a rival, and, like Swoopes, he said something untrue, though, unlike Swoopes, didn't make ignorant statements about Bird himself.

No one said Rodman was 'just another good guy,' and I don't recall anyone suggesting the same concerning Michael Jordan. Can you imagine the outcry if they had?

The article isn't about what Swoopes said, but about the (reverse) racism in the media, and the concerted effort to marginalize white achievement. Essentially, the media is saying Clark is just another good guy.

But in the case of media reporting on Craig, it is about race.
All of it? Every report? Not one positive story out there about her record?

BTW a decade after Maris, Hank Aaron faced racism as he approached the HR record.

You're posting something Rodman said when asked about a rival, and, like Swoopes, he said something untrue, though, unlike Swoopes, didn't make ignorant statements about Bird himself.

Rodman said Bird was an average NBA player, but because he was white he got a lot of unmerited attention. How is that not making “ignorant statements about Bird himself”?
The article isn't about what Swoopes said, but about the (reverse) racism in the media, and the concerted effort to marginalize white achievement. Essentially, the media is saying Clark is just another good guy.

Clark has done something amazing, and watching her game objectively would tell anybody who knows anything about the game that she is special because her all around abilities and not just the trait of being able to score, or score easily, and accurately from 40 feet from the basket. The nature these days of talk radio and entertainment is to say the most shocking thing that will get the most attention. That’s what is going on. If you have spent any time on any sports page or digital content, there is an incessant argument about who is the GOAT (greatest of all time) in just about every sport. Keyboard Warriors trashtalk about it nonstop, and that is what is going on now with Clark.