What Blessings????

AverageJoe

Elect
Reaction score
Recently I had an unsaved friend who is questioning the existence of God ask me, "What 'blessings' has God given you?" He said he saw no proof of blessings from Heaven....He discounted waking up every morning, the air we breathe, the rain, and even the blessings of a home and marriage to a good woman. He's very pessimistic about anything. But, he did show a crack in his armor when I stated that one of the biggest blessings was a changed life. He knows what my life was before I was saved April 15th 1983...I've been saved 40 years this year, and if I had continued on the track I was on before that date, I would probably be dead by now.
So, what blessings has God given you? For me, it's a changed life, the love of a good woman, Christian friends...especially those who've been true friends for the past 40 years through all my upa and downs. One of the biggest blessings I have had are the many different versions of the FFF....

Your turn! :)

I was saved in 1993 at the age of 25. Like you, I no doubt would be dead long ago if that had not happened.

Other blessings include perfect peace while watching cancer extinguish my dad's life in 1996 - I actually went out to the backyard and started singing hymns while Mom called Dad's siblings and dad.

Biggest blessing is that God WOULD NOT allow me to walk away from him and instead of wrath and judgment, God showered me with his grace and goodness far beyond what I truly deserve! He not only restored me and placed me in a great Church family but has given me purpose along with the ability to minister to and be a blessing to others!

Keep pointing your friend towards the invisible things which are clearly seen and where God's common grace is at work all around us and remember that it is the goodness of God that brings us to repentance.

Also remember (on your part) that a lost man will always look for reasons NOT TO believe rather than reasons TO BELIEVE! A lost man does not want to believe, he just wants to be comfortable in his unbelief.

Also remember (on your part) that a lost man will always look for reasons NOT TO believe rather than reasons TO BELIEVE! A lost man does not want to believe, he just wants to be comfortable in his unbelief.
That might be the best quote I’ve seen on the FFF! I don’t know if you thought of it or borrowed it, but good either way.

ALAYBOY was a miracle child conceived naturally and unexpectedly after years of unsuccessful IVF and other fertility treatments. Ps 127:3

Having watched numerous church members and now my mom endure varying degrees of cognitive decline/dementia I thank Him for the blessing of a sound mind, AND the promise of one day having a body and mind like His, completely free from the effects of this sin-cursed world.