100,000 Atheists Are 'Unbaptized'

TidesofTruth

Elect
Reaction score
The National Secular Society offers certificates to atheists who want to revoke their baptism.  It estimates that 100,000 people have downloaded such documents from their website over the past five years.

Unbaptism.org offers a similar service.  Their certificate reads: "[Name] having at one time willingly submitted to the Rite of Christian Baptism and subsequently having realized my beliefs were in error, hereby publicly revoke any and all implications of that Rite and renounce the Church that carried it out.  In the name of human reason, I reject all that Church's Creeds and all other such Superstitions.  I wish to be excluded henceforth from claims of church membership numbers based on past baptismal statistics."

Last month, an atheist group calling itself Sunday Assembly launched new services in 35 cities across the world.  Started in 2013 by two British comedians, it already holds meetings in 11 U.S. cities and is launching new services in 16 others.  The leader of one such service outside Cleveland, Ohio told an interviewer that he had recently been "debaptized" and has the certificate to prove it.
http://www.christianheadlines.com/columnists/denison-forum/100-000-atheists-are-unbaptized.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=fbpage&utm_campaign=chupdate

Of course these are spiritual illiterates because baptism of water saves no one but it brings 2 possible realities to mind.

1.  1Jo 2:19  They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

and/or

2.  But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.  Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows’ houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.  Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves. Mt 23:13-15

I find great irony in that some atheits will use religious methods to rid themselves of religious beliefs. That is, if they are serious about it and not doing it as a mockery.