15 Years Ago Today Jack Hyles Died

LongGone

Elect
Reaction score
Hard to believe it was that long ago. Haven't attended an IFB church in over 30 years but anyone who attended HAC or FBCH life was impacted (good or bad or somewhere in between). I was one of four siblings who attended HAC and both of my current wife and previous wife attended HAC ;D Am glad to say that I am LongGone from that way of thinking.

LongGone said:
Hard to believe it was that long ago. Haven't attended an IFB church in over 30 years but anyone who attended HAC or FBCH life was impacted (good or bad or somewhere in between). I was one of four siblings who attended HAC and both of my current wife and previous wife attended HAC ;D Am glad to say that I am LongGone from that way of thinking.

Though Dr Hyles has been gone a long time, his legacy (both the good and bad) continue on... for my part, it was mostly the bad legacy that caused so much misery in our family's life.

I know that there are people here who had some good from the ministry, but after several years, I am still  fighting vestiges of bad teaching and practices.

Walt said:
... after several years, I am still  fighting vestiges of bad teaching and practices.

https://youtu.be/arPCE3zDRg4

qwerty said:
Walt said:
... after several years, I am still  fighting vestiges of bad teaching and practices.

I don't normally watch video post but I watched this one, that was funny I liked it.

Its hard to believe....I don't miss it...Maybe DH will write a book on how to mend fences with the people he destroyed.....

Sherryh said:
Its hard to believe....I don't miss it...Maybe DH will write a book on how to mend fences with the people he destroyed.....

Don't hold your breath. A relative has interviewed at several churches in Texas and some of them STILL bring up Dave Hyles. He doesn't care.

LongGone said:

It was one of those moments that didn't seem possible.

Bruh said:
qwerty said:
Walt said:

I don't normally watch video post but I watched this one, that was funny I liked it.

Yes, Jack Trieber showed this clip last year at one of the conferences; I think the Pastor's and Worker's conference.  I was surprised that he showed it.

But it was funny.

RAIDER said:
LongGone said:

I love it!

I'm literally LOL, I'm sorry I mean no disrespect. My wife wants to know, what's so funny. :)

You might be a Hacker if.......

It's just something I'd say about.......my dad or my mom or my grandmother.

Jack S. first thoughts "The empire is now mine!!"

Techmedic said:
Jack S. first thoughts "The empire is now mine!!"
Never happened though.
The empire 'fragmented' and was never assumed by any one man or group.

Bruh said:
RAIDER said:
LongGone said:

I love it!

I'm literally LOL, I'm sorry I mean no disrespect. My wife wants to know, what's so funny. :)

You might be a Hacker if.......

It's just something I'd say about.......my dad or my mom or my grandmother.

...or someone who had a huge impact on your life.

I can't remember where I was when this happened, but I do remember hearing when Curtis Hudson died.  I wept.