1992 Who's Who - Where Are They Now?

Fresh Air

Elect
Reaction score
I only have five Cabers. Over the next week or so I will post the Who's Who from each one. I think it will be interesting to see what we can come up with in relation to these folks. And, no, I was never in Who's Who...  :D

Here is 1992:

David Nymeyer

Angel Gilley

Virginia Plesscher

Deann Saltzman

Debra Young

Dawn Pope

Theresa Hovanec

Darrin Highfill

Marty Stalnaker

Jesse Dominguez III

Jeffrey Walsemann - I think he is an assistant pastor at the big Solid Rock Baptist Church in Berlin, NJ. Good church. I rode to work every day for the first two months of my freshman year with Jeff.

Donald Dubuque

Kirsten Connor

Tina Pickens - She married Kevin Dale, I think. He just took a good church in Michigan whose pastor died suddenly of a heart attack.

Christine Fear

Amy Hayes - married Joe Vassak; he is pastoring a good church in New England; I heard him speak at the Grace Baptist College commencement a year ago

Dianne Smith (valedictorian) - a live wire, great girl; married Chip Dowdy I think?

Krysten Cowling

Joseph Tarr

Jack Bachman (Mr. Hylander) - worked for his dad in Indiana for a while, I think; I've lost track of him; very good one handed basketball player back in the day in Bible Clubs

Norman Kirkwood

Paul Chisgar

Charin Patton - She and her husband serve as missionaries in Hungary. They've done a good job through the years and I got to know them well as we supported. They recently accelerated a shift in the direction of contemporary evangelicalism/music so we dropped them as missionaries but they are good people.

Tracy Vest (salutatorian and Miss Hylander) - She actually visited my church a couple of months ago on a Wednesday night with her brother Chad. Between the two of them they have about 16 kids. My church was wondering what was going on!  :D They stayed after the service talking for hours. She and her husband (who did not come) attend Terry Anglea's church in Bourbonnais. That's a good church.

Amy Woody

Penelope Spillman

Daryl Whitehouse - became rather good as a history teacher at HAC I'm told; then bounced around some from place to place after having the wisdom to leave Schaap. Currently working for Jeff Fugate I think. Good man.

Jeffrey Jones

Robert York - has a church outside of Cleveland where he grew up; still committedly IFB, takes his kids to Youth Conference

Jarrell Price

Bonus! the doctorates awarded...

Darrell Moore - one of the hardest working staff members I knew; good developer of men in his division; he never liked me and still didn't years later when I would run into him at PS  :D

Jack Schaap - yikes

Keith Adams - fell off the map

Keith Gomez - excelled, at least as HAC measures it

John Morgan - a man I highly respect; built an IFB church in the inner city of Brooklyn and kept it going and doing well for decades

I have Cabers from the early 1970s on....let me see if I can find them

Since you have pirated my thread :) I will start putting mine in the same format.  I like the way you did it.

Tom Brennan said:
I only have five Cabers. Over the next week or so I will post the Who's Who from each one. I think it will be interesting to see what we can come up with in relation to these folks. And, no, I was never in Who's Who...  :D

Here is 1992:

David Nymeyer

Angel Gilley

Virginia Plesscher

Deann Saltzman

Debra Young

Dawn Pope

Theresa Hovanec

Darrin Highfill

Marty Stalnaker

Jesse Dominguez III -- went to pastor a church in Arizona, and did for several years, but came back to First Baptist church about three years ago. Is the discipline officer at City Baptist High School and teaches an adult Sunday School class at FBC. Very sadly, his 16 year old daughter died just about a year ago, complications from pneumonia.

Jeffrey Walsemann - I think he is an assistant pastor at the big Solid Rock Baptist Church in Berlin, NJ. Good church. I rode to work every day for the first two months of my freshman year with Jeff.

Donald Dubuque - is at FBC, married with children. Works at Kinko's.

Kirsten Connor

Tina Pickens - She married Kevin Dale, I think. He just took a good church in Michigan whose pastor died suddenly of a heart attack.

Christine Fear

Amy Hayes - married Joe Vassak; he is pastoring a good church in New England; I heard him speak at the Grace Baptist College commencement a year ago

Dianne Smith (valedictorian) - a live wire, great girl; married Chip Dowdy I think? Yes, married to Chip Dowdy.

Krysten Cowling

Joseph Tarr

Jack Bachman (Mr. Hylander) - worked for his dad in Indiana for a while, I think; I've lost track of him; very good one handed basketball player back in the day in Bible Clubs

Norman Kirkwood

Paul Chisgar

Charin Patton - She and her husband serve as missionaries in Hungary. They've done a good job through the years and I got to know them well as we supported. They recently accelerated a shift in the direction of contemporary evangelicalism/music so we dropped them as missionaries but they are good people.

Tracy Vest (salutatorian and Miss Hylander) - She actually visited my church a couple of months ago on a Wednesday night with her brother Chad. Between the two of them they have about 16 kids. My church was wondering what was going on!  :D They stayed after the service talking for hours. She and her husband (who did not come) attend Terry Anglea's church in Bourbonnais. That's a good church.

Amy Woody

Penelope Spillman

Daryl Whitehouse - became rather good as a history teacher at HAC I'm told; then bounced around some from place to place after having the wisdom to leave Schaap. Currently working for Jeff Fugate I think. Good man.

Jeffrey Jones - Is this the same Jeffrey Jones that was married to Janice and was from South Carolina? If so, then he passed away from leukemia shortly after graduation leaving Janice a widow with three children. She later remarried, Dan Wolfe. They are now in southern Indiana where he is on the staff for Faith Music Missions.

Robert York - has a church outside of Cleveland where he grew up; still committedly IFB, takes his kids to Youth Conference

Jarrell Price

Bonus! the doctorates awarded...

Darrell Moore - one of the hardest working staff members I knew; good developer of men in his division; he never liked me and still didn't years later when I would run into him at PS  :D

Jack Schaap - yikes

Keith Adams - fell off the map

Keith Gomez - excelled, at least as HAC measures it

John Morgan - a man I highly respect; built an IFB church in the inner city of Brooklyn and kept it going and doing well for decades

Keith Adams is in Birmingham, Ala.

Sherryh said:
Keith Adams is in Birmingham, Ala.

Still? I know he had a big church there for a while but when I said 'fell off the map' I meant after that...

Kirsten Conner is married and living in Washington state.  She teaches in the Christian school at her church Bethel Baptist.  It is pastored by HAC grad Terry Minge. 

Random fact #1  Kirsten's dad was in the Army and served as my church's 'military pastor' for years for free.  As a teen, we would have 4-6 rows at the front of the church packed with soldiers.

Random fact #2    Terry Minge was also in the Army and stationed here and attended my church.  He was called to preach here.

Random fact #3    Terry married a girl from my church, Darlene. She was one of my parents' bus kids.

John Morgan lived here when I was young and attended our church too.  He was called to start a church here.

Joe Tarr is on staff at Bible Baptist Church and Jacksonville Christian Academy in Jacksonville, AR. His younger brother is on staff there as well. 

Jarre. Price was on staff at hac for about 10 or 12 years and the last I heard he is a police officer in either South Carolina or North Carolina.

Web said:

So, people can slide into hell on the slippery slope of a Chris Tomlin song, but, "they are good people."

It's your church, and you can do what you want, but.... wow.  just. wow.

Where can I verify in Scripture that Chris Tomlin songs cause people to slide into hell.

Or was that the rhetorical device or figure of speech of hyperbole?

Web said:

So, people can slide into hell on the slippery slope of a Chris Tomlin song, but, "they are good people."

It's your church, and you can do what you want, but.... wow.  just. wow.

...oh never mind.