1993 Who's Who - Where Are They Now?

Fresh Air

Elect
Reaction score
Marcy Yant - one of the sweetest, most Christian girls I knew back in the day. No idea where she's at.

David Carpenter

Leisha Snyder (Miss Hylander) - the first girl I ever asked out at HAC; I was a freshman; she shot me down like Baron Richthofen...  :D

Daniel Hester - a good man; been pastoring the Peoples Baptist Church of Bay City, Michigan for 20 years

Susan Toller Longo

Deborah McCollister

Tammy Ashcraft Gonzalez

Kimberly Lowthorpe

Barbara Burke - she sang well, didn't she?

Trina Staton - her story broke my heart; I did not know her well but I have come to deeply respect her over the years

Chris Teft - still teaching at HAC? Certainly a guy of great charisma...

Tim Streeter (Mr. Hylander) - Biting my tongue here a bit b/c of some interactions with him in Bible Clubs; this is when I first realized all of these awards were purely political... Was a core member of FBCH for a long time but left shortly before the JS implosion and has found 'grace'...

Larry Smith - biting my tongue here too...  :D  ...but he is still serving the Lord and trying to reach people

Steve Sisson

Christine Loomis

Greg Nash - Loved this man; taught me an incredible amount in relation to song leading and compassion; worked for Dave Baker in TN then Jeff Owens in WV as their music men respectively; don't know where he is at now...

Robyn Bachman - married Jack (see 1992 Who's Who)

Lisa Tavares

Bo Park - married John Roloson? He pastors in Minnesota I think. I seem to remember something about a church building burning down...

Jon Shook - in relation to how HAC measures it probably the most successful pastor in the class; has built a strong church in North Carolina, and has a regional influence; he was my room mate for one year; a genuine Christian and a take charge guy

Tim Russ - one of my bus captains and a dear friend; he and I could put on a bus program that would bring down the house; worked for his dad for a while but really wanted to pastor; started a church in rural KY and then took another one; doing very well at that second one...

Randy Tewell - worked for the disaster that was Mark Turner for a while and then took a church in Alabama; doing well, so I hear

Tricia Baker - married Tony Wood? No idea where they are at...

Danny Mendez - still at HAC? teaching?

Laura Plummer - the most consistent, genuine, slightly befuddled Christian lady in the world; was my busworker for years and I loved her to death; she married an Australian and emigrated back there to serve in the Lord's work.

Valedictorian - Sparticus Zarris

Salutatorian - Lynn Foltz - another bus worker of mine, for a time; married Walt Shepherd; he started the Cornerstone Baptist Church of Findlay, Ohio and is doing an excellent job there

Bonus! Doctorates...

Steve Christner - still at the same church in Turner, Maine; don't know a thing about him but I admire a guy like that

Dave Crutchfield

Rick Finley - again, still at the same church in NC and doing an excellent job; has a regional influence

Mike Holloway - again, still at the same church in Kokomo and doing a great job; has a regional influence

Mike Mutchler - same as the other two above...

...overall a good class of doctorates, as one measures such things

Chris Teft was at my church when he was stationed here at Fort Bragg (Army) and was called to preach.

Teri in NC said:
Chris Teft was at my church when he was stationed here at Fort Bragg (Army) and was called to preach.
I visited Berean Baptist church when I was in the USAF in 1987,88 when Pastor Byrd was there.
Great church!
A reserve wobbly 4 picked me and a bunch of other service members up to bring us to church.
I'll never forget that!

16KJV11 said:
Teri in NC said:
I visited Berean Baptist church when I was in the USAF in 1987,88 when Pastor Byrd was there.
Great church!
A reserve wobbly 4 picked me and a bunch of other service members up to bring us to church.
I'll never forget that!

I was there teaching 6th grade at the school during that time.  I know you missed me because I am very shy and quiet.

Teri in NC said:
16KJV11 said:
Teri in NC said:
Great church!
I'll never forget that!

I was there teaching 6th grade at the school during that time.  I know you missed me because I am very shy and quiet.

But I think your outfit gave you away...

$%28KGrHqF,!mEFIrILJlhCBSQFs8EcnQ~~_32.JPG

Smellin!

I will pay you back this summer.  Our friend is coming in July, so you know we will all go to Applebee's!

Lisa Tavares was my bus kid back in the day

Teri in NC said:
Smellin!

I will pay you back this summer.  Our friend is coming in July, so you know we will all go to Applebee's!

Cool! Looking forward to it!

David Carpenter: pastored in Cahokia, no longer pastors
Leisha Snyder: married Todd Bentley, live in Kansas City where he pastors a church
Danny Mendez: works at HAC I believe
Greg Nash: last I knew works at Lone Star Baptist College? (know very little of the school)

Tim Streeter - an all around good guy who helped punks learn what Christianity should be.  Stood against scandals when he saw them.

Steve Sisson - went to Hot Springs.  Not sure if he ever left.

Chris Teft - Gonna Charlie Mike the Hyles and Schaap mission, no matter what.

Sparticus -  is an active layman in his church.  Doing well in business.  I believe he still works some with his dads radio ministry.

Steve Sissin and family have been back at FBC for a while.

Charlie Mike

It Means Continue Mission. Usually said after an interruption or hiccup in whatever you're doing. This phrase is derived using the phonetic alphabet (Military Alphabet). Instead of saying Continue Mission, Charlie Mike is said instead so everyone over the radio can understand and know what you mean.
By using the first letter of each word and converting that to the Military Alphabet you get the phrase charlie mike.
C = Charlie
M = Mike

(From the Urban Dictionary...I had to look it up, didn't know the phrase!)

brainisengaged said:
Charlie Mike

It Means Continue Mission. Usually said after an interruption or hiccup in whatever you're doing. This phrase is derived using the phonetic alphabet (Military Alphabet). Instead of saying Continue Mission, Charlie Mike is said instead so everyone over the radio can understand and know what you mean.
By using the first letter of each word and converting that to the Military Alphabet you get the phrase charlie mike.
C = Charlie
M = Mike

Roger, WilCo

brainisengaged said:
Charlie Mike

C = Charlie
M = Mike

When Chris Teft first came on the scene, he had a sermon called Charlie Mike (Continue the Mission) that he preached with great regularity.  I heard it at least five times in that stretch.  It was one of those where you rant about anything then scream "I'm Gonna Charlie Mike!"

Binaca Chugger said:
brainisengaged said:
Charlie Mike

C = Charlie
M = Mike

When Chris Teft first came on the scene, he had a sermon called Charlie Mike (Continue the Mission) that he preached with great regularity.  I heard it at least five times in that stretch.  It was one of those where you rant about anything then scream "I'm Gonna Charlie Mike!"

Yep, that's sounds like a great sermon, you don't even need a scripture verse to mess it up.

I met Chris Teft about a year and a half ago and he said he was leaving HAC and was not teaching anymore... I can be mistaken.