1994 Who's Who - Where Are They Now?

Fresh Air

Elect
Reaction score
Rachel Nymeyer

Kevin Gerber

Marcy Crews - one of my busworkers; we recently reconnected on fb; she and her husband work for Corey Bane at Jeff Owens' old church in WV; one of the best women I've ever known

Rhonda Moore

James Woosley - longtime skit man and teacher at HB. Still there?

John Johnson (also Salutatorian) - another one of my busworkers; the epitome of a quiet, humble, dedicated servant; one of the best soul winners I've ever met; he left HAC and took a tiny church in rural Tennessee. Still there two decades later. The best of men...

Jeff Lines - another one of my busworkers; pastored for a long time in Grand Rapids

James Gelhausen - last I heard pastoring in New Jersey? Always thought he would build a big church...

Maria Bermudez

Jennifer Nesbitt

Tim Akin

Angela Nash

Esther Vogel

Lisa Vest - married Tim Streeter (see Who's Who 1993)

Mark Boyd - started a church in Alabama I think; still there?

Keith Cowling (also Mr. Hylander) - To me, the class of this class. An excellent man I respect very much. Last I heard he was still working at HAC.

Kellie Young - another one of my busworkers; married now, of course, and attending church down south

Emily Pins (also Valedictorian)

James Nelson

Dianna Dunwoody (also Miss Hylander)

Stephen Hobbins - pastoring his dad's church and doing a good job of it, from all accounts

Dan Mock - still at HAC last I heard; I appreciate faithful men like this

Michael Peslak

Bonus! Doctorates...

Jeff Owens - he's been up and he's been down; still serving the Lord though albeit more quietly now

Manley Lane

Larry May - uffda... pastored for a long time outside of Dallas; I was in his church for a week with Joe Boyd a lifetime ago; talk about a cult of personality...

Robert Polanowski - disastrous flameout... but cleared the way for Scott Tewell who's taken that church nigh to 2000 in attendance

Everett Farris - ...in which we see that change is a position; he left the SBC to run with Hyles; then he left Hyles to run with the contemporary crowd

Bill Schutt

Jerry Wilson - built a strong church in rural Ohio; left it after a long time to pastor in New York state; one of the best soul winners I've ever met; incredibly organized

Tom Brennan said:
Rachel Nymeyer

Kevin Gerber

Marcy Crews - one of my busworkers; we recently reconnected on fb; she and her husband work for Corey Bane at Jeff Owens' old church in WV; one of the best women I've ever known

Rhonda Moore

John Johnson (also Salutatorian) - another one of my busworkers; the epitome of a quiet, humble, dedicated servant; one of the best soul winners I've ever met; he left HAC and took a tiny church in rural Tennessee. Still there two decades later. The best of men...

Jeff Lines - another one of my busworkers; pastored for a long time in Grand Rapids

James Gelhausen - last I heard pastoring in New Jersey? Always thought he would build a big church...

Maria Bermudez

Jennifer Nesbitt

Tim Akin

Angela Nash

Esther Vogel

Keith Cowling (also Mr. Hylander) - To me, the class of this class. An excellent man I respect very much. Last I heard he was still working at HAC.

Kellie Young - another one of my busworkers; married now, of course, and attending church down south

James Nelson

Stephen Hobbins - pastoring his dad's church and doing a good job of it, from all accounts

Michael Peslak

Bonus! Doctorates...

Jeff Owens - he's been up and he's been down; still serving the Lord though albeit more quietly now

Manley Lane

Larry May - uffda... pastored for a long time outside of Dallas; I was in his church for a week with Joe Boyd a lifetime ago; talk about a cult of personality...

Robert Polanowski - disastrous flameout... but cleared the way for Scott Tewell who's taken that church nigh to 2000 in attendance

Everett Farris - ...in which we see that change is a position; he left the SBC to run with Hyles; then he left Hyles to run with the contemporary crowd

Bill Schutt

Jerry Wilson - built a strong church in rural Ohio; left it after a long time to pastor in New York state; one of the best soul winners I've ever met; incredibly organized
Met Everett Farris in 1994 in Florida while visiting a friend.  Dave Hyles was there at the time and I met him too.

Visited with Mark Boyd this evening.

Gonna meet up with John and Rachel (Neimeyer) Ballenger in the next few weeks.

They are two hours away from each other, in AL.

Sunview Baptist is going great.
Bro. Boyd and I are friends, so i'm not objective.

Anyway, both Mark and Rachel are proving that they were worthy of the who's who award..

Tom Brennan said:
Rachel Nymeyer

Kevin Gerber

Rhonda Moore

Maria Bermudez

Jennifer Nesbitt

Tim Akin

Angela Nash

Esther Vogel

James Nelson

Michael Peslak

Bonus! Doctorates...

Jeff Owens - he's been up and he's been down; still serving the Lord though albeit more quietly now  (You sure he wasn't one of your bus workers too :D)

Manley Lane

Bill Schutt

Tom Brennan said:
Rachel Nymeyer

Kevin Gerber

Rhonda Moore

Maria Bermudez

Jennifer Nesbitt

Tim Akin

Angela Nash

Esther Vogel

James Nelson

Michael Peslak

Bonus! Doctorates...

Manley Lane

Bill Schutt

I've only gone to one Pastor School my entire life.  There was a time I was contemplating starting a church.  My pastor recommended, so, I went.  ::)

I thought it would be good to go to all the little classes they were giving at the time on starting a church.  :)

Kieth Cowling was the moderator.  After about 3 to 5 sessions I thought I would go and introduce myself and try to strike up a conversation. 

I walk up to him shake his hand tell him who I was and why I was there.  I asked him about something in the area maybe Kiddie Land or something, he looks at me and says, you haven't told me what you think of the conference, I said, what do you want me to say, he says all that you are learning, I said, I'm learning how much each speaker disagrees with the other. 

This really happen.  I honestly saw no class, maybe he was having a off day, I don't know?  LOL!!

Smellin Coffee said:

I believe he is principal at HBHS now.
Has been for years, yes.

prophet said:

Anyway, both Mark and Rachel are proving that they were worthy of the who's who award..
Mark Boyd is pastoring!?!

Awesome!  He and I about killed each other one night.  Literally.

Binaca Chugger said:
prophet said:

Please entertain us with the story behind this brouhaha!

16KJV11 said:
Binaca Chugger said:
prophet said:

His house had gotten TP'd.  He went out to find some punks and draw blood.  He was defending his dad.  It wasn't us, but he found us.  Baseball bats, knives, shouting, alcohol, staredowns - it was about to get bad.  I can't quite remember what stopped it, but the fight didn't happen.  Turns out, it was the "good" kids who wanted to play a joke - not us punks. 

No grudges.  Youth is stupid.  Glad for him that he is pastoring.

Binaca Chugger said:
16KJV11 said:
Binaca Chugger said:
prophet said:

His house had gotten TP'd.  He went out to find some punks and draw blood.  He was defending his dad.  It wasn't us, but he found us.  Baseball bats, knives, shouting, alcohol, staredowns - it was about to get bad.  I can't quite remember what stopped it, but the fight didn't happen.  Turns out, it was the "good" kids who wanted to play a joke - not us punks. 

No grudges.  Youth is stupid.  Glad for him that he is pastoring.
My wife used to teach at Turner's school in Californication.  Some of her students tried to prank us with TP and they pulled it off.  I forget whether I returned the favor or not.  Was definitely thinking about it, something about dog crap in a burning brown bag.

Keith Cowling works at FBC. Oversees many of the facets of FBC's "A" ministries.