2018 Superbowl

Waiting for the XFL.

Recovering IFB said:
I?m watching, my God wasn?t offended........?

Neither was mine.
And He doesn?t expect me to work to bring in His Kingdom.
My God is sovereign.... ;)

Fly Eagles Fly! I believe I may live long enough to see my team win the Super Bowl.

You can worry about players that are exercising the right the constitution gives to free speech if you want but you are also boycotting a number of players including both Eagles quarterbacks who use the platform given them to express their faith and make a difference in the lives of others.

LongGone said:
Fly Eagles Fly! I believe I may live long enough to see my team win the Super Bowl.

You can worry about players that are exercising the right the constitution gives to free speech if you want but you are also boycotting a number of players including both Eagles quarterbacks who use the platform given them to express their faith and make a difference in the lives of others.

I'm sorry, but protesting at your job is not covered under "free speech".  But I agree I don't want to see expressions of faith, sexual orientation, etc. from players while they are at work.

Twisted said:
LongGone said:

I'm sorry, but protesting at your job is not covered under "free speech".  But I agree I don't want to see expressions of faith, sexual orientation, etc. from players while they are at work.

I'm sorry but if your employer doesn't object it is covered under free speech.

LongGone said:
Twisted said:
LongGone said:

Take some time and learn the Constitution.

https://menrec.com/fact-check-first-amendment-protect-nfl-players-kneeling-protests/

Twisted said:
LongGone said:
Twisted said:
LongGone said:

https://menrec.com/fact-check-first-amendment-protect-nfl-players-kneeling-protests/

The players have the right to exercise their free speech. As an employer the NFL has the right to tell them that can not be employed and kneel during the anthem. If the NFL tells them they can not or they will be fired then they have the choice of whether being a player is more important to them or exercising their right to free speech at that particular time. They never loose the right to free speech.

Tarheel Baptist said:
Recovering IFB said:

Neither was mine.

?A dog barks when his master is attacked. I would be a coward if I saw that God's truth is attacked and yet would remain silent.?
John Calvin

You?re god was attacked , and you went on the warpath!
Thirty two pages of ?Coming Out As Agnostic? and you had 3 interactions on that thread; 2 for replies to SC in an ad hominem attack and 1 for me, actually siding with one BLASPHEMING God?s name, by mocking me for my typo!
If anyone attack the prophets of the Republican Party,  hannity, or Limbaugh or Trump or the ?holy words? from Faux News, they are met with a sudden and swift reply.....but someone blasphemes the God of Scripture and you are silent.
Your god is the government of where you live, God isn?t nothing to you, justice, mercy and faithfulness are nothing to you... unless it mean that from the Republicans, and then you are all on board...
You can not believe that God is advancing His church through the world and be victorious because it doesn?t conform with the Republican Party?s platform. Christ said he would establish His church and the gates of hell would not prevail against it. Isaiah said the government would be on His shoulders, and all the enemies would be made a footstool as He conquers the world.

Trivia: do you know the most alluded to verse in the NT from the OT?
Answer: ?A Psalm of David. The LORD says to my Lord: "Sit at My right hand Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet.".......Psalm 110:1

Recovering IFB said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Recovering IFB said:

Neither was mine.

?A dog barks when his master is attacked. I would be a coward if I saw that God's truth is attacked and yet would remain silent.?
John Calvin

You?re god was attacked , and you went on the warpath!
Thirty two pages of ?Coming Out As Agnostic? and you had 3 interactions on that thread; 2 for replies to SC in an ad hominem attack and 1 for me, actually siding with one BLASPHEMING God?s name, by mocking me for my typo!
If anyone attack the prophets of the Republican Party,  hannity, or Limbaugh or Trump or the ?holy words? from Faux News, they are met with a sudden and swift reply.....but someone blasphemes the God of Scripture and you are silent.
Your god is the government of where you live, God isn?t nothing to you, justice, mercy and faithfulness are nothing to you... unless it mean that from the Republicans, and then you are all on board...
You can not believe that God is advancing His church through the world and be victorious because it doesn?t conform with the Republican Party?s platform. Christ said he would establish His church and the gates of hell would not prevail against it. Isaiah said the government would be on His shoulders, and all the enemies would be made a footstool as He conquers the world.

Trivia: do you know the most alluded to verse in the NT from the OT?
Answer: ?A Psalm of David. The LORD says to my Lord: "Sit at My right hand Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet.".......Psalm 110:1

You went through 32 pages on an old thread to count I had 3 interactions!?
The Republican Party is my god?!

Seems you are a tad obsessed, I wouldn?t go back 32 posts to check your interactions.
However, I think that misspelling post was directed at 70, not you. My point was that the only error in your post was the spelling error.
You constantly fling the Republicans are my/our gods. Your reaction to fishin?s original post intimates that his god is also not the true* god. Meaning* the god of recovery, North and Rushdoony.

I have no doubt but that God is sovereign and His will is being carried out.
I have no doubt that you also believe that...in a Reconstructionist kind if way.

And that singular verse from Psalms should serve to convert us all to Reconstructionist beliefs.
Why didn?t you quote it sooner? 

I am just happy to say I have lived long enough to see my Philadelphia Eagles win a Super Bowl. If you love football and you missed this game it truly was a great one. Fly Eagles Fly!

LongGone said:
I am just happy to say I have lived long enough to see my Philadelphia Eagles win a Super Bowl. If you love football and you missed this game it truly was a great one. Fly Eagles Fly!
Congrats, too!!

It was one of the best football games ever.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

When the Eagles showed Brady how the pitch out/, reverse pitch/pass to QB could be done...
Great moments in sports hi-lite reel material!

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Tarheel Baptist said:
Seems you are a tad obsessed, I wouldn?t go back 32 posts to check your interactions.

Yes, that's called being honest. I wanted to accurately portray what you were saying. I didn't want to paint a picture of something that wasn't true........does that ring a bell for you?

Tarheel Baptist said:
and the prophets Limabugh, Hannity and high priest Trump speaking the "holy words" from faux news

Tarheel Baptist said:
You constantly fling the Republicans are my/our gods. Your reaction to fishin?s original post intimates that his god is also not the true* god. Meaning* the god of recovery, North and Rushdoony.

I showed how "offended" you get when people attack the Republicans and their prophets, but when someone attacks the God of Scripture,..[crickets]

you have a worldview that has painted the enemy as winning the war, when in fact God has already won that war. your "hell in a handbasket" mentality/eschatology has made you quit and worship other gods, which you gleefully did.

Tarheel Baptist said:
No you don't, you wouldn't be pointing people to it, defending it or cheering for a pagan government and supporting its army of storm troopers. you would be seeking righteousness and justice from a  Biblical worldview 

Tarheel Baptist said:
I have no doubt that you also believe that...in a Reconstructionist  Biblical kind if way.
fixed it for ya'

Tarheel Baptist said:
And that singular verse from Psalms should serve to convert us all to Reconstructionist Biblical beliefs.

single verse? many verses, many Psalms, many parables,many OT prophecies....do yourself a favor, pick up a book for once, and read up on it. and don't wimp out and read what one of your fellow evangelicals say about that, read first hand sources. that's the honest thing to do......

Recovering IFB said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

Yes, that's called being honest. I wanted to accurately portray what you were saying. I didn't want to paint a picture of something that wasn't true........does that ring a bell for you?

Tarheel Baptist said:
and the prophets Limabugh, Hannity and high priest Trump speaking the "holy words" from faux news

Tarheel Baptist said:

I showed how "offended" you get when people attack the Republicans and their prophets, but when someone attacks the God of Scripture,..[crickets]

you have a worldview that has painted the enemy as winning the war, when in fact God has already won that war. your "hell in a handbasket" mentality/eschatology has made you quit and worship other gods, which you gleefully did.

Tarheel Baptist said:
No you don't, you wouldn't be pointing people to it, defending it or cheering for a pagan government and supporting its army of storm troopers. you would be seeking righteousness and justice from a  Biblical worldview 

Tarheel Baptist said:
I have no doubt that you also believe that...in a Reconstructionist  Biblical kind if way.
fixed it for ya'

Tarheel Baptist said:
And that singular verse from Psalms should serve to convert us all to Reconstructionist Biblical beliefs.

single verse? many verses, many Psalms, many parables,many OT prophecies....do yourself a favor, pick up a book for once, and read up on it. and don't wimp out and read what one of your fellow evangelicals say about that, read first hand sources. that's the honest thing to do......

You went back to ?be honest? yet you completely missed the point...that I was actually defending what you said...I can?t be responsible for your lack of understanding.

You seem to be using the IFB tactics you denounce, using your innate gifts of judgement and omniscience...knowing better than I what I think, believe, feel and mean.
Except when you read thru 32 pages of posts and STILL totally miss the point!!!! ;)

Fishing and I (plus a few others here, no doubt) need to know the god of slow recovery, North and Rushdoony.
Hallelujah! Let?s sing another verse of Battle Hymn of the Republic!

LongGone said:
Twisted said:
LongGone said:
Twisted said:
LongGone said:

The players have the right to exercise their free speech. As an employer the NFL has the right to tell them that can not be employed and kneel during the anthem. If the NFL tells them they can not or they will be fired then they have the choice of whether being a player is more important to them or exercising their right to free speech at that particular time. They never loose the right to free speech.

I'm giving my opinion on this a bit late in the game [pardon the pun], but I just have not had the time to write down my thoughts.

It bothered me from the very beginning that a football player would "exercise free speech" by kneeling during the National Anthem. Personally, I'm amazed that the act is considered free speech at all.  Why not learn to write or create some art work that expresses emotion that others might find distasteful? I can't think of very many employees who would be allowed to sit down on the job and expect to be commended for it.  A postman? A teacher? A business owner who has religious convictions about being hired to create a wedding cake for a same sex wedding? The world is topsy turvy. I don't get it, but I'm just using my power of free speech to declare my thoughts. I'm happy for anyone else to do the same.

Jo said:
LongGone said:
Twisted said:
LongGone said:
Twisted said:
LongGone said:

I'm giving my opinion on this a bit late in the game [pardon the pun], but I just have not had the time to write down my thoughts.

It bothered me from the very beginning that a football player would "exercise free speech" by kneeling during the National Anthem. Personally, I'm amazed that the act is considered free speech at all.  Why not learn to write or create some art work that expresses emotion that others might find distasteful? I can't think of very many employees who would be allowed to sit down on the job and expect to be commended for it.  A postman? A teacher? A business owner who has religious convictions about being hired to create a wedding cake for a same sex wedding? The world is topsy turvy. I don't get it, but I'm just using my power of free speech to declare my thoughts. I'm happy for anyone else to do the same.

That is the beauty of free speech is that you and I don't get to tell someone else how to express it. I have said from the beginning that kneeling during the anthem would not likely be the way I would express myself but that doesn't change the right of someone else. I love the flag but the freedoms that the flag represents are far more important than the flag itself. If the NFL told employees that they could not kneel then the player would need to chose between that particular protest and their job.

LongGone said:
That is the beauty of free speech is that you and I don't get to tell someone else how to express it. I have said from the beginning that kneeling during the anthem would not likely be the way I would express myself but that doesn't change the right of someone else. I love the flag but the freedoms that the flag represents are far more important than the flag itself. If the NFL told employees that they could not kneel then the player would need to chose between that particular protest and their job.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlEDdvund4w

LongGone said:
Jo said:
LongGone said:
Twisted said:
LongGone said:
Twisted said:
LongGone said:

You raise good points, and I must admit that while my intelligence is most likely fairly average, I am at least smart enough to listen and read articles written by people who are probably more intelligent. I've always enjoyed Peggy Noonan's writing. The link below will take you to an interesting read on privacy and free speech.

http://www.peggynoonan.com/noonan-what-we-lose-if-we-give-up-privacy/

I am quite sure that the fact that my father was a veteran in World War II influences my thoughts on the subject of free speech and the flag.  I remember a conversation with a  man from my father's generation. He was Jewish and escaped Nazi Germany when he was a young boy. He came to this country with very little in his pocket, but worked hard and became known as an honest and very respected financial investor. He spoke eloquently and sincerely about what a great country we live in. He had tears in his eyes.

I get it. Not everyone feels that way, and they have a right to express it. I remember seeing an Islamic flag flying high in my neighborhood. It was close to an elementary school. If a person dared burn that flag, what would the consequences be?  I suspect there would be a large public outcry.

If it was a United States flag that was burned, would there be any consequences, or would we yawn because it has become common place?

Below is another link to an alarming trend. Former North Carolina governor, Pat McCrory is shown being shouted down by some in the LGBT community. I guess that's free speech, too?  I'm not sure it's what the founding fathers had in mind.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article128087744.html