Ooooo, that's cool. My younger daughter would love that. She has the Viking thing going since my husband has more than a little of that in his lineage. She could totally handle something like that. (My hands are too small for big knives, too.) :)

I love the craftsman ship of it.

aleshanee said:
i posted this in the fellowship forum by mistake... but this is where i meant to post it...... i recently saw this modern reproduction of a viking damascus steel knife .... hand forged by a master sword maker who makes viking swords.... and i immediately fell in love with it.....  it;s beautiful.... ..  :)...now just to find a way of aqquiring one....

of course i have no idea what i would do with it if i did get one....  except maybe hurt myself with it .. ::)...like i did with the last over sized knife i tried to wield on my own......and it would probably be so expensive i can;t afford it anyway..... but i can dream... :D..  the originals of this design 1500 years ago were actually made for women.... viking women..... no doubt a lot bigger and stronger than a 4' 10' mexican-navajo..... but i still want one!...... but don;t worry i wouldn;t try to use it.....  ::) ..... if i ever get one i;ll just hang it on the wall where it looks kewl.....  ;) .....

That is awesome! 

aleshanee said:
i posted this in the fellowship forum by mistake... but this is where i meant to post it...... i recently saw this modern reproduction of a viking damascus steel knife .... hand forged by a master sword maker who makes viking swords.... and i immediately fell in love with it.....  it;s beautiful.... ..  :)...now just to find a way of aqquiring one....

of course i have no idea what i would do with it if i did get one....  except maybe hurt myself with it .. ::)...like i did with the last over sized knife i tried to wield on my own......and it would probably be so expensive i can;t afford it anyway..... but i can dream... :D..  the originals of this design 1500 years ago were actually made for women.... viking women..... no doubt a lot bigger and stronger than a 4' 10' mexican-navajo..... but i still want one!...... but don;t worry i wouldn;t try to use it.....  ::) ..... if i ever get one i;ll just hang it on the wall where it looks kewl.....  ;) .....

If it were designed with the handle curling up instead of down it could be made into a removable surfboard rudder. Should you be attacked by shark or not so sharp Texan, while you're standing in a hole, well....it'll always be there when you need it. :-D