aleshanee said:
thanks.... :) .... starting before sunrise and heading east around makapuu point..... the plan is to round the point just as the sun comes up..... and from there we will be riding mostly west with the sun at our backs....until we reach haleiwa... .... ....

on shorter 40 miles rides we do basically the same thing except we cut south at the pali highway in kailua and ride up over the mountains over the old pali road..... and back down into town.... .... and most of us use all terrain bicycles for that coz it gets pretty dicey going up towards nuuanu pail..... but tomorrow i;m using a bike identical to this one..... a 2012 kona road king..... ..not as expensive or fancy/schmancy as the ones my triathlete friends ride......  but then nobody sponsers me to enter triathlons either....... ;) ......

Sure looks like a fun ride. Have fun.

You better watch what you wear on that bicycle.....You might just have to repent after the race.... ;)

I hope you a good time and enjoy yourself!

114 miles? That's awesome. My best rides are about 40 to 50 miles in length. Every summer I tell myself this will be the summer I do a century ride, but it never seems to happen.

Have fun on your ride!!

:)

aleshanee said:
getting my road bike and other things ready today for another 114 mile ride around the island with my triathlete friends...... they do this at least once every other week and twice a week when preparing for an upcoming race...... but it;s been months since i went with them...... and even longer since i actually finished the entire 114 miles........ a couple of other friends and i usually stop short around the 70 miles mark in haleiwa ...eat lunch then ride back home on the bus....... ... and by that time the hard core riders are usually so far ahead of us they still beat us back into town...... ...... but it;s still a lot fun.....  8)

I really need to visit Hawaii again...best vacation ever!

Billy

It sounds like a wonderful way to get worn out.  At least you are smart enough to do all things in moderation.  ;)

My behind already hurts just thinking of sitting on a bike for 114 miles. It would hurt on a horse too but I would rather ride a horse.