A blessing and a challenge....

patriotic

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
https://youtu.be/ORQXKolWuzE

Dr. Rice has a Hacker hair cut and a Hacker tie before there was a HAC!!!

"If you're not a soulwinner, you're living in sin every day" - not sure he can show this from Scripture. Funny how, that in all of the epistles to Christians about how to behave and live, we have many commands enjoined upon us, and many of them repeated in various ways, but there is not one word about "soulwinning".  When the Jerusalem church wrote to the Gentile converts - not a single word about "going soulwinng" was written.  They listed four "necessary things"  - to abstain from meats offered to idols, from blood, from strangled things, and from fornication.

And does he mean that if I witness of God, but they don't get saved there and then, that I have failed to "win" someone?  I thought he believed in free will, and that the lost could refuse to be saved.  Noah failed to "win" anyone, and yet he was mentioned in Heb 11.... Jonah "won" multiplied thousands, yet he is not mentioned.

There were about 120-500 disciples at the time of Jesus' resurrection (per Acts & I Cor), but the great commission (so-called) was given only to the eleven (Matt 28:16) - this meeting in Matt was just for them.  Furthermore, I've always been told that this was a commission to the church. Yes, we all should be ready with an answer as to what we believe and why, but not everyone is suited to go from door to door (which I doubt they did through most of the church age).

He says that nothing He commanded could be more important.  Maybe, but there are other things we are commanded to do that the Bible itself says, if we do them, God is pleased with us - Bible study (Col 1:10), children obeying parents (Col 3:20), and other passages, I'm sure.

He says that Rev 22:17 is a soul-winning command, but the context (v.20) shows that this is a request/prayer for Jesus to return, not a command to go soul-winning.

He mentions preaching the gospel to every creature, and if you don't do that, you are in rebellion. Then everyone is, because no one I know or have every heard of has preached the gospel to EVERY creature. This is a goal for the church, but not a command to every individual. Even the church corporately, and with missionaries will not get to EVERY creature.

We are imperfect, flawed creatures, and we certainly do not love Him as we ought to do.  But to say that only this one thing shows we do not love Him in ridiculous. One of the plain commands of Scripture is to separate from those teaching error.  John Rice refused to rebuke and separate from Billy Graham when he became compromised - did that mean John Rice did not love Jesus because he did not obey His commandments?  C'mon now...

He talks about "following Jesus" as being soul-winning, but what about wearing sandals, and having no home, and not being married, and bringing 12 disciples and teaching them?  He is cherry-picking here.

He equates soul-winning with "fruit", but that is not supported from the Scripture.  I've heard "the fruit of a Christian is another Christian" for many years, but that never seems to be the case from Scripture. The Scripture seems to call doing good works being the fruit of a Christian.

Paul considered himself in debt to preach the gospel ("woe is me if I preach not the gospel"), but he never said "woe is you if you preach not the gospel"

Would it clear things up if you knew he was raised by a preacher who was a Grand Dragon in the KKK?

Sent from my LGL43AL using Tapatalk

I fugured before I posted this that some would make negative comments.

Guess what? You are the only sad persons  regarding this.

If I were some of you on this forum, I 'd probably be scared to go to heaven.

Such sad, sad little men.

Prophet

Really?! 

patriotic said:

Why do you say, "sad little men"?  Because they don't idolize JR? 

Jo said:
patriotic said:

Why do you say, "sad little men"?  Because they don't idolize JR?
No, because Alabama did not win the National Championship!

Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.  James 3:17

You know better.

patriotic said:

What do you expect? They aren't Packer fans!

TidesofTruth said:
Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.  James 3:17

You know better.

It is James 4:17 in my Bible.

Teri in NC said:
TidesofTruth said:

You know better.

It is James 4:17 in my Bible.
thx for the correction.