A conservative view on the vaccine

Norefund

Elect
Reaction score
Opinion by Kay Ivey
July 27, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. EDT

Kay Ivey, a Republican, is governor of Alabama.
Washington, D.C., is so hyper-politically polarized these days, it’s no wonder Americans have tuned out the earnest pleas of the nation’s top doctors, their elected leaders, superstar athletes and other celebrities who have been urging, for months, those who are unvaccinated to take the shot.

Here is the truth: Closing businesses will not defeat covid-19. Wearing masks will not defeat covid-19. And keeping our students from in-classroom learning will not defeat covid-19.
The good news is we have something that has proved helpful — safe and effective vaccines, which were developed in record time, and we can thank former president Donald Trump and all of those involved in Operation Warp Speed for making this medical miracle happen.

This time last year, people were praying that a vaccine would come to market in time to help slow the surge of deaths and people getting sick. With a lot of hard work, our prayers were answered. In fact, President Trump, who got the shot in January, later called it a “true miracle.”

In Alabama, my advice has been simple and consistent. If you can take the shot, roll up your sleeve and get one.
There are those who believe that government should mandate the vaccine or that we should bribe people to take it. That’s not going to happen in my state, no matter how many times the media ask me.
But there are also those who remain hesitant and skeptical of the vaccine, because there is so much misinformation out there. I believe those who are pushing fake news and conspiracy theories about this vaccine are reckless and causing great harm to people. The unvaccinated folks are being lied to, and that is just plum sad. It is no secret that I expressed some frustration when talking to reporters last week, but the data does not lie, and I simply do not want to see Alabamians, or anyone else for that matter, suffer. This vaccine works, and we need to start acting like it. This is not political: It’s just common sense.

Are there risks involved in taking it? Sure. But there is a risk every time we get in a car that we might be killed in a wreck. The benefits of getting where we need to go far outweigh those risks.
Let me be crystal clear: The covid-19 vaccine is our best weapon against this disease, and I encourage everyone to take it.
Even more importantly, talk with a doctor or pharmacist you know and trust. That’s what I did, and I received the vaccine as soon as I was eligible. It is free, readily available, and the jab doesn’t hurt a bit.
The hard, cold facts show the vaccine is saving lives. This virus is deadly serious, and in the United States, the pandemic is unfortunately becoming one of the unvaccinated. The data show that in Alabama and most other states almost 100 percent of our hospitalizations and deaths are among unvaccinated individuals.
A famous, albeit fictional son of Alabama, Forrest Gump, said, “Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.” That was true in 1994 when Forrest said it, and it’s true today. We have a weapon today to battle covid-19 that we didn’t have a year ago. It’s up to you to use the good common-sense God gave you to do what is best for you and your loved ones.

Posted by norefund: Opinion by Kay Ivey....Alleged Republican Governor or Alabama.
Are there risks involved in taking it? Sure. But there is a risk every time we get in a car that we might be killed in a wreck.

Comparing apples and oranges. Driving a car is NOTHING like going and having yourself injected with a substance that is only approved for EMERGENCY USE! I'm not going to be something the government of this country can use to help bolster their experiment. They want to build their statistical database, let them use monkeys and mice as they've always done!

Posted by norefund: Opinion by Kay Ivey....Alleged Republican Governor or Alabama.
Are there risks involved in taking it? Sure. But there is a risk every time we get in a car that we might be killed in a wreck.

Comparing apples and oranges. Driving a car is NOTHING like going and having yourself injected with a substance that is only approved for EMERGENCY USE! I'm not going to be something the government of this country can use to help bolster their experiment. They want to build their statistical database, let them use monkeys and mice as they've always done!
When the vaccine is FDA approved, I will CONSIDER getting it.
Right now, now way...

There are risks in everything, true. But this risk is so small that:
According to the CDC, as of July 19, a grand total of 4,072 vaccinated Americans had been hospitalized with symptomatic breakthrough infections, out of more than 161 million who have been fully vaccinated. That is a breakthrough hospitalization rate of less than 0.003 percent. Better still, of those hospitalized, only 849 have died of covid-19. That means the death rate from those breakthrough infections is 0.0005 percent.
To put that in perspective, your chance of dying from a lightning strike is .0007 percent, and your chance of dying from a seasonal flu is 0.1 percent. If you’re vaccinated, you have a much greater chance of dying from a hornet, wasp or bee string, a dog attack, a car crash, drowning, sunstroke, or choking on food than you do of dying from covid-19.

When the vaccine is FDA approved, I will CONSIDER getting it.
Right now, now way...
I'm curious. Why would you be open to getting the vaccine after full FDA approval - and right now that is probably going to happen in October - but not now? What part of the approval process will make you feel more inclined or less resistant? Really, I'm not debating or arguing your decision, I'm just curious.

There are risks in everything, true. But this risk is so small that:
According to the CDC, as of July 19, a grand total of 4,072 vaccinated Americans had been hospitalized with symptomatic breakthrough infections, out of more than 161 million who have been fully vaccinated. That is a breakthrough hospitalization rate of less than 0.003 percent. Better still, of those hospitalized, only 849 have died of covid-19. That means the death rate from those breakthrough infections is 0.0005 percent.
To put that in perspective, your chance of dying from a lightning strike is .0007 percent, and your chance of dying from a seasonal flu is 0.1 percent. If you’re vaccinated, you have a much greater chance of dying from a hornet, wasp or bee string, a dog attack, a car crash, drowning, sunstroke, or choking on food than you do of dying from covid-19.
I'm not as concerned with the alleged "immediate benefits" of the vaccines as I am with the long-term problems that are starting to pop up with them. These vaccines were NOT properly tested, are still only have an EUA, and are still a research tool of the government. I'm not a guinea pig...never have been...never will be. Apparently, I have a very little chance of dying from the Wuhan Flu, seeing as how I've been around it on a consistent basis and don't seem to have contracted it a second time. With the recovery rate as high as it is, there truly is no need for the vaccine in the first place.

What long term problems? Isn't the objection most have is that it hasn't been out long enough and, hence, we haven't seen long term what they will do? If the FDA approval came, would you then consider it?

Oh, and I apologize for not seeing that you have already had COVID once. Was it not too bad?

What long term problems? Isn't the objection most have is that it hasn't been out long enough and, hence, we haven't seen long term what they will do? If the FDA approval came, would you then consider it?
The problems found so far are blood clots not originating in the legs. If vaccinations are to be a recurring thing, that will make these a long term problem. Heart problems that have shown up after the injection...these aren't likely to go away. Many have reported increase in migraines, problems with breathing, (my niece who's a nurse in a hospital down South has the breathing problems since her injections in March)..and a myriad of others that are starting to show up, but that the CDC and NIH and WHO won't acknowledge...typical of a coverup on their pat.

Opinion by Kay Ivey
July 27, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. EDT

Kay Ivey, a Republican, is governor of Alabama.
Washington, D.C., is so hyper-politically polarized these days, it’s no wonder Americans have tuned out the earnest pleas of the nation’s top doctors, their elected leaders, superstar athletes and other celebrities who have been urging, for months, those who are unvaccinated to take the shot.

Here is the truth: Closing businesses will not defeat covid-19. Wearing masks will not defeat covid-19. And keeping our students from in-classroom learning will not defeat covid-19.
The good news is we have something that has proved helpful — safe and effective vaccines, which were developed in record time, and we can thank former president Donald Trump and all of those involved in Operation Warp Speed for making this medical miracle happen.

This time last year, people were praying that a vaccine would come to market in time to help slow the surge of deaths and people getting sick. With a lot of hard work, our prayers were answered. In fact, President Trump, who got the shot in January, later called it a “true miracle.”

In Alabama, my advice has been simple and consistent. If you can take the shot, roll up your sleeve and get one.
There are those who believe that government should mandate the vaccine or that we should bribe people to take it. That’s not going to happen in my state, no matter how many times the media ask me.
But there are also those who remain hesitant and skeptical of the vaccine, because there is so much misinformation out there. I believe those who are pushing fake news and conspiracy theories about this vaccine are reckless and causing great harm to people. The unvaccinated folks are being lied to, and that is just plum sad. It is no secret that I expressed some frustration when talking to reporters last week, but the data does not lie, and I simply do not want to see Alabamians, or anyone else for that matter, suffer. This vaccine works, and we need to start acting like it. This is not political: It’s just common sense.

Are there risks involved in taking it? Sure. But there is a risk every time we get in a car that we might be killed in a wreck. The benefits of getting where we need to go far outweigh those risks.
Let me be crystal clear: The covid-19 vaccine is our best weapon against this disease, and I encourage everyone to take it.
Even more importantly, talk with a doctor or pharmacist you know and trust. That’s what I did, and I received the vaccine as soon as I was eligible. It is free, readily available, and the jab doesn’t hurt a bit.
The hard, cold facts show the vaccine is saving lives. This virus is deadly serious, and in the United States, the pandemic is unfortunately becoming one of the unvaccinated. The data show that in Alabama and most other states almost 100 percent of our hospitalizations and deaths are among unvaccinated individuals.
A famous, albeit fictional son of Alabama, Forrest Gump, said, “Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.” That was true in 1994 when Forrest said it, and it’s true today. We have a weapon today to battle covid-19 that we didn’t have a year ago. It’s up to you to use the good common-sense God gave you to do what is best for you and your loved ones.
Newflash: RINOs aren't conservative. :ROFLMAO:

The problems found so far are blood clots not originating in the legs. If vaccinations are to be a recurring thing, that will make these a long term problem. Heart problems that have shown up after the injection...these aren't likely to go away. Many have reported increase in migraines, problems with breathing, (my niece who's a nurse in a hospital down South has the breathing problems since her injections in March)..and a myriad of others that are starting to show up, but that the CDC and NIH and WHO won't acknowledge...typical of a coverup on their pat.
I remember the J&J vaccine being temporarily pulled over a blood clot concern but the numbers were so small it was put back into service.
I guess we disagree on the “coverup” angle. What possible reason could the CDC, WHO and NIH have to try and harm the majority of it’s citizens? And how would they keep such a massive secret? And why would the rest of the world be “in on it?” And if it’s a big coverup, how did you learn about it?

I know absolutely no one who has suffered any kind of symptoms worth being concerned about. I know many who have contracted COVID and have suffered greatly and maybe permanently.

Hmmm..Nixon, Reagan, Bush 1 and 2 - all irrelevant? Newt? And I'm pretty sure Kay Ivey is/was a Trump supporter.

None that were relevant. ;)
Well if you are talking about rallying the pharmaceuticals and getting a vaccine out you are absolutely correct. In fact it's what he wants to be remembered for.

"In contrasting his presidency with that of his successor, former President Donald Trump said on Monday he hopes Americans "never forget" the contributions he made to border security and the rapid development of a COVID-19 vaccine."

You truly are a moron!
And I vote . . . 🤪

But he wasn't talking about the likes of Reagan or Lincoln. (You think he likes them?) He meant contemporary Republicans, and you would be hard pressed to find one with the backbone that Trump sported. Most wouldn't have been able to sit up straight if not for the starch in their shirts.