A Drag Queen Tops the iTunes Christian Charts

Then obey scripture.

Or else what? Are you going to "threaten" us with leaving yourself?

If nothing else, that would prove that you take your admonition seriously, since you don't exempt yourself from it.

Last edited:
Who here do you think is trying to silence Tides? Who here on the FFF would allow Smellin’ to come into their church and teach such rubbish, or even to try to promote amongst the laity? Can you name any single thing that somebody on the FFF, besides Gringo, would agree with Smellin’ theologically? Smellin is an apostate, and everybody on here knows it, and they know he’s not ashamed of it. The question is, is this a church? Is someone fellowshipping with Smellin? What purpose does Tides serve with his rant? Who is he persuading to any position that they don’t already hold?
You raise some valid questions and concerns, I’ll admit. However, I was also thinking about the fact that Tides appears to have known Smellin in real life—apparently including his parents and teachers/peers. I don’t know anything about Tides, so not sure if he (assuming it’s a man) went to school with him, maybe was a faculty member, etc. Again, as I said before, I welcome anyone and everyone on here, but I don’t know them in the real world.

You raise some valid questions and concerns, I’ll admit. However, I was also thinking about the fact that Tides appears to have known Smellin in real life—apparently including his parents and teachers/peers. I don’t know anything about Tides, so not sure if he (assuming it’s a man) went to school with him, maybe was a faculty member, etc. Again, as I said before, I welcome anyone and everyone on here, but I don’t know them in the real world.
Yes, Tides is a HAC\FBCH insider and probably has all the personal knowledge of Smellin’ that he claims. All of that is immaterial to his usage of the text from Romans exhorting us to shun SC on a public forum. “Marking” them is an ecclesiastical matter and this ain’t a church. I could write a lot more but I’ll just link a Piper and Ligonier article that says it better than I would.

Piper

Ligonier

I thought this place was a forum. That's why I have come here some. But I'm beginning to see that in reality, it really is a small online church - and there's nothing wrong with that. Just like a church, you have your regulars and even leaders. And this place is a place where church members come to fellowship with one another. That's why it upsets you so much when someone who doesn't believe as you, presents a different viewpoint. I feel that you don't really view this place as a discussion forum but rather, as a place for like minded people to come together and fellowship - and as I said, there's nothing wrong with that and I'm glad you have one another.

If you knew me personally, you'd know that I'm not really a confrontational person and actually, pretty much an introvert. It bothers me to be viewed as a trouble maker or disrupter and so after reading that I have been barred from communion (which I understand), with absolutely no anger at you or ill will for you, I will leave you alone. As long as I saw this place as a place to exchange viewpoints, I didn't have a problem but it has become clear that this really is more of an online place for likeminded people to congregate.

I wish you each the very best - even the doctor who is mad at me.

All I ask of you is to please consider not voting demon cratic next fall and that when you listen to the news, to take everything you hear - no matter the source - with a grain of salt.

Sincerely

Gringo

P.S. Ransom or FSSL, if this is not permitted, please delete it but since I won't be coming back - or rarely, those of you that like Atlanta and having nothing to do with theology, you are invited to follow me on
Facebook or Instagram to keep in touch. And with that brazen plug, I will leave the building, wishing you each a life of happiness.

I thought this place was a forum. That's why I have come here some. But I'm beginning to see that in reality, it really is a small online church - and there's nothing wrong with that. Just like a church, you have your regulars and even leaders. And this place is a place where church members come to fellowship with one another. That's why it upsets you so much when someone who doesn't believe as you, presents a different viewpoint. I feel that you don't really view this place as a discussion forum but rather, as a place for like minded people to come together and fellowship - and as I said, there's nothing wrong with that and I'm glad you have one another.

If you knew me personally, you'd know that I'm not really a confrontational person and actually, pretty much an introvert. It bothers me to be viewed as a trouble maker or disrupter and so after reading that I have been barred from communion (which I understand), with absolutely no anger at you or ill will for you, I will leave you alone. As long as I saw this place as a place to exchange viewpoints, I didn't have a problem but it has become clear that this really is more of an online place for likeminded people to congregate.

All I ask of you is to please consider not voting demon cratic next fall and that when you listen to the news, to take everything you hear - no matter the source - with a grain of salt.

Sincerely

Gringo

P.S. Ransom or FSSL, if this is not permitted, please delete it but since I won't be coming back - or rarely, those of you that like Atlanta and having nothing to do with theology, you are invited to follow me on
Facebook or Instagram to keep in touch. And with that brazen plug, I will leave the building, wishing you each a life of happiness.

Gringo, I’m afraid my poor writing skills and intended sarcasm was obscured in that “communion” post. My tongue was firmly in my cheek and the post was meant to make it clear that this is a forum and not a church.

I feel that you don't really view this place as a discussion forum but rather, as a place for like minded people to come together and fellowship - and as I said, there's nothing wrong with that and I'm glad you have one another.
I pretty much only post current events, political matters and a smattering of sports. I probably post the least amount of religious material on here, but I do have a few topics in mind to present in the near future.
Again, I’m not angry. I just said it yesterday, but I’ll say it again. I’ve publicly stated several times, including recently, that I welcome you and everyone else. At some point, it’s not very fair of you to continue pulling the martyrdom card and pretending otherwise. I don’t think implying that someone is faking their religion is very ethical, but I’m not losing sleep over it. It reminds me of my black friend who has been harassed by other black men and called an “Uncle Tom” and a “fake black” because he is a conservative Republican. I’ve heard the same accusations leveled against the Log Cabin Republicans from the gay community.

By the way, I’ve also gotten heat on this forum for some of my views, particularly my admiration for Jimmy Carter, my support for gay marriage (and other libertarian issues), etc. It is a forum and we all have different backgrounds and beliefs. Not long after I first joined, I was even told by one poster that there were several members still making up their minds about me, as if I had to pass a litmus test to be accepted. Anyway, for what it’s worth, hope you stick around—Smellin too!

When will Flamy Grant perform at Mike Todd's church?

Last edited: