A Name From the Past...

abcaines

Staff member
Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
I've been reminiscing about old forum days... Anyone remember Bubba Kaboom? I remember little about him... just the name has stuck with me.

Also... where did Twisted go?

I don't know if Twisted was booted, or just got ticked off and left. I remember "Bubba" somewhat...but don't remember a lot about him.

Twisted still has the most posts in forum history by around 5,500! That’s a lot of posting!

Twisted still has the most posts in forum history by around 5,500! That’s a lot of posting!
Must not have had anything better to do! LOL

I think Twisted got discouraged when I bailed about 6 months ago.

Coyote... wasn't he the the Longview grad who wrote Tales of the Temple?

I loved Wang Fu... 'cept when she got the egg flipper out.:eek:
Yep. Steve Spurgeon if I recall correctly.

Wang was a maniac with that egg flipper! Her dogs Emmos and Athos were a trip as well.

One of the most hilarious things is "Do not molest the ducks..." who remembers that? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

One of the most hilarious things is "Do not molest the ducks..." who remembers that? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I'm pretty sure that was probably an actual rule at my alma mater! Of course, the campus was a bona fide nature preserve. But man, there were a lot of ducks...

I'm pretty sure that was probably an actual rule at my alma mater! Of course, the campus was a bona fide nature preserve. But man, there were a lot of ducks...
I remember someone saying it was from a student handbook..

FSSL, here is Hreb's obituary:

The Herb Evans that we all knew and loved was from western Pennsylvania, not Lumberton (presumably the one in North Carolina, or maybe MS or TX). And he was white.

For those not familiar with Hreb, he was infamous for his irritating habit of posting line-by-line refutations of his theological antagonists on the Internet. Here is a sample - he dumped on David Cloud for being insufficiently "King James Only" in this article called "Cloudy Inspiration." (Not intended as an endorsement of Hreb's kooky Ruckmanite views on this subject).

David Cloud --Hi Herb. I am wondering who cares what you say. Certainly not me! As for your childish challenge to debate and your calling me a coward if I don't, I have been challenged to debates by many men on countless subjects, and usually the challenges were as immature as yours. I don't debate. Period. Life is short, and most of mine is gone. I have much more profitable things to do here in South Asia, one of the darkest and most spiritually needy parts of the world. Goodbye Herb. Have a good time huffing and puffing.
Herb Evans - Note the arrogance and elitist response. Let David play it safe and make it easy on himself. Let Ol’ Cloudy Inspiration hear from you.

For those not familiar with Hreb, he was infamous for his irritating habit of posting line-by-line refutations of his theological antagonists on the Internet.
And for batting approximately .500 at spelling his own name correctly in his posts, which is why around here he became known as "Hreb."