A new era in Fundamentalism

nightbusheretic14

Elect
Reaction score
Is it me? Or am I seeing more Fundamental Baptist churches not make a big deal about standards that were once very big in the "glory days". For example I'm seeing fewer ladies wearing skirts outside of their churc, and just stick with pants,  more people condoning contemporary music (in fact they sing contemporary songs a lot in HAC chapel just without the drums and electric guitar),  more people going to movie theaters. Theres probably more to be listed. I know there was a thread about HAC getting softer in their standards or something like that, but this one is more on Fundamentalism in general.

Great news, thanks for sharing!

More churches are preaching the doctrine of liberty.

Well here we are 15 years in and the fundys are finally joining the 21st century. Welcome to the party...better late than never.

nightbusheretic14 said:
Is it me? Or am I seeing more Fundamental Baptist churches not make a big deal about standards that were once very big in the "glory days". For example I'm seeing fewer ladies wearing skirts outside of their churc, and just stick with pants,  more people condoning contemporary music (in fact they sing contemporary songs a lot in HAC chapel just without the drums and electric guitar),  more people going to movie theaters. Theres probably more to be listed. I know there was a thread about HAC getting softer in their standards or something like that, but this one is more on Fundamentalism in general.

You're not wrong on this in that it has been very pronounced as of late. I accredit it to the fact that since Schaap screwed up royally all these former bootlickers think all of his standards are now up for grabs and they can relax with Goober Pyle at the helm. What's the difference anyway, cultural fundamentalism without ridiculous manmade "standards" really isn't cultural fundamentalism anymore but is irrelevant nonetheless.

I remember hearing one FBC member saying (in a rather hushed, conspiratorial tone) that Mrs. Wilkerson wore pants outside of church and it was only a matter of time before the FBC standards fell. But don't worry, cuz, according to this member, God will judge the Wilkersons for this.

FBCH choir has been doing this guy's music for decades

He has written some of our most loved numbers.

Crouch was known for his compositions "The Blood Will Never Lose Its Power", "My Tribute (To God Be the Glory)" and "Soon and Very Soon".

Andra%C3%A9_Crouch_cropped.JPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvIxwc90BEI

Andrae Crouch Playlist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0I9iEUfRvI&list=RDHC-_Jg9lvgXwQ

So it seems seems like like eventually a day is going to come where Fundamentalist will stop preaching against pants on women. I am a young gun and I think that once my generation gets to be in the mid 40s, then fundamentalism will be extremely different. Who knows maybe it will cease to exist.

nightbusheretic14 said:
So it seems seems like like eventually a day is going to come where Fundamentalist will stop preaching against pants on women. I am a young gun and I think that once my generation gets to be in the mid 40s, then fundamentalism will be extremely different. Who know maybe it will cease to exist.

"Fundamentalism" as we know it serves very little purpose except for creating unnecessary division and confusing people with their outmoded methodology and bad theology...so I hope your last sentence is correct.

Norefund said:
I remember hearing one FBC member saying (in a rather hushed, conspiratorial tone) that Mrs. Wilkerson wore pants outside of church and it was only a matter of time before the FBC standards fell. But don't worry, cuz, according to this member, God will judge the Wilkersons for this.

Is this really true? I could believe it. I never heard bro. Wilkerson preach against pants while I was there.

Me hearing what I posted is true. Whether she did or did not wear pants is unknown to me. Frankly, I could not care less. I believe the vast majority of Christians would also not care. I also believe God does not care.

nightbusheretic14 said:
Norefund said:

Is this really true? I could believe it. I never heard bro. Wilkerson preach against pants while I was there.

Standards that will not be an issue except in your most "Fundamental" Churches in the next 5 years:

1) Pants on Women - Modesty will be the standard.  Preachers will still tell men to dress like men and women to dress like women, but "pants" won't be the issue.  Dresses will be worn to Church services, but very few other places.

2) Movie Theaters - The emphasis will be on what you watch, not where you watch it.  In Dr. Hyles day, the only place you could hear cussing, see cleavage, or watch couples share a bed.  Now, you can get worse on your "Satellite" than you can get at the multiplex, thus making it an obsolete standard.

3) Shorts - Now that so many preachers have teenage kids, that one is out the window.  Once again, the emphasis is on modesty.

4) CCM - Music will be judged by how close it sounds to "rock music", not it's genre.  After all, Casting Crowns (CCM) is more conservative than the "Crabb Family" (southern gospel.)  Music with "good" lyrics that is not obviously "gospel rock" will be ok.  The appearance and testimony of the musicians will also come into play.

5) Community Involvement with other Churches - We will continue to remain "independent", but our churches will be more involved in community revivals or events.  We might even hold hands with a Methodist at a Ted Cruz rally. 

BTW, I am for all of these changes (legalism sickens me), but I do not want to lose our identity for separation.  Some things are still right and some things are still wrong.  I want to walk the path of liberty between legalism and liberalism.

Personally, I though when the ditches are legalism and liberalism, you are probably on the wrong path altogether.

Norefund said:

If FBCH/HAC ever drops this ridiculous and unbiblical dress standard, I suspect it may take awhile for all/most HAC-grad pastored churches to drop it as well. Time will tell how long it will take all of that kool-aid to pass out of their twisted system.

no value said:
Norefund said:

If FBCH/HAC ever drops this ridiculous and unbiblical dress standard, I suspect it may take awhile for all/most HAC-grad pastored churches to drop it as well. Time will tell how long it will take all of that kool-aid to pass out of their twisted system.

That is assuming there is a functioning kidney in the system to do the dirty work.

subllibrm said:
no value said:
Norefund said:

That is assuming there is a functioning kidney in the system to do the dirty work.

Good point, Dr Subllibrm  :)

Ex-Fundy said:
nightbusheretic14 said:
So it seems seems like like eventually a day is going to come where Fundamentalist will stop preaching against pants on women. I am a young gun and I think that once my generation gets to be in the mid 40s, then fundamentalism will be extremely different. Who know maybe it will cease to exist.

"Fundamentalism" as we know it serves very little purpose except for creating unnecessary division and confusing people with their outmoded methodology and bad theology...so I hope your last sentence is correct.
AMEN!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk