A Tsunami of Church Closings in America

Jo

Well-known member
Doctor
Elect
Joined
Jun 2, 2016
Messages
727
Reaction score
317
Points
63
Interesting article.

Churches in America

There are three things in Amercia that have helped through generations because anyone can attend and there is no cost.

1. Public libraries
2. Churches
3. Schools

It appears that all three are disintegrating. I pray we can make a difference in our communities.

Instead of the Grumpy Old Man, I feel like the Grumpy Old Woman.
 
Interesting article.

Churches in America

There are three things in Amercia that have helped through generations because anyone can attend and there is no cost.

1. Public libraries
2. Churches
3. Schools

It appears that all three are disintegrating. I pray we can make a difference in our communities.

Instead of the Grumpy Old Man, I feel like the Grumpy Old Woman.
Some reasons why churches are declining…

“One summer morning, the Rev. Melissa Wagner stepped into the pulpit of her church and delivered a sermon that no pastor ever wants to give.”

“the Rev. Jacqueline J. Lewis, an author, activist and senior pastor”

“Church is the place you go to because you feel as though it’s not changing,” he says. “People look forward to the same rhythms, prayers and rituals that they’re so used to … This is the one place where they can have comfort and stability.”

Cultural Christianity goes the same way as the mainline version of the 20th century.
 
Back
Top