Accreditation Is no Longer Compromise?

Didn't realize you were Tony! Steve and Becky were only there a short time. I was there nearly 8 years (too long). I got no use for Warren or Hybels even now and I especially take exception to Warren undermining the BFM of the SBC with his ordination of women pastors in his church! I have stepped away from teaching in our adult Sunday School class in order to focus on my Seminary studies but I would usually write my own lesson regardless of whatever curricula is used. In the past, we have used Regular Baptist Press as well as some of John Macarthur's material. Perhaps Chappell is one of the few who has addressed ecclesiology in a Sunday School format? I will defend either Calvinism or Arminianism over the bombastic nonsense coming from certain factions of IFB-Dumb! Did you see the Hyles-Bot whack job who came after me on my FB page? I posted the text from a "Reformation Day" tract I had written and he comes in with his guns ablazing telling me that the reformers were just some disgruntled Catholics who got tired of killing Baptists or whatever. He was making a real donkey of himself but I eventually decided to delete everything when some "Karen" stuck his nose in and said I was being condescending. Perhaps I was but couldn't help myself! :LOL:
Yep! It's me, Ray! :) Becky and Steve were only there about six months before they left. There was a lot behind that story, and it wasn't good. When I was a substitute SS teacher at our church, taking the SS when our teacher was out on softball games/tourneys, I would expand on what was being said in the Lifeway material. A LOT of people in the class liked that...some didn't. They felt I was trying to make the SS a deeper thing than it should be. UGH! So, after the "pandemic" hit, Vivian and I stopped going to SS. We had several from our class pass away during the Wuhan Flu assault. Yes, I noticed you were being attacked big time. Strange people on some of these sites on FB.

Yep! It's me, Ray! :) Becky and Steve were only there about six months before they left. There was a lot behind that story, and it wasn't good. When I was a substitute SS teacher at our church, taking the SS when our teacher was out on softball games/tourneys, I would expand on what was being said in the Lifeway material. A LOT of people in the class liked that...some didn't. They felt I was trying to make the SS a deeper thing than it should be. UGH! So, after the "pandemic" hit, Vivian and I stopped going to SS. We had several from our class pass away during the Wuhan Flu assault. Yes, I noticed you were being attacked big time. Strange people on some of these sites on FB.
I was the adult Sunday School teacher in our previous Church and I put a good bit of work in the lessons only to have some of the members complain that they then had to sit through "Two Sermons" every Sunday morning! It upset my wife quite a bit and I'm sure there were several who got a real earful from her! I reminded her that my study and preparation time was of great benefit to me and to our family as we discussed the subject matter. What everyone else gets is "overflow" and that is something you have to remember as you attempt to minister to others. We are in a better Church now and are amongst family. I teach the Adult Sunday School class on occasion but have stepped away because of other things I am currently involved.

I have not seen anyone pass from Covid at our Church or at least not directly. I have had a few friends pass away who were in the local music scene. Not a good idea to be in smoke-filled bars during a pandemic (absolute worst case situation IMO) and I told this to a friend that wanted me to come out to his open mic. He ended up passing away about a year ago from Covid. I had already scaled back on my "Gigging" but covid gave me opportunity to make a clean break.

I was the adult Sunday School teacher in our previous Church and I put a good bit of work in the lessons only to have some of the members complain that they then had to sit through "Two Sermons" every Sunday morning! It upset my wife quite a bit and I'm sure there were several who got a real earful from her! I reminded her that my study and preparation time was of great benefit to me and to our family as we discussed the subject matter. What everyone else gets is "overflow" and that is something you have to remember as you attempt to minister to others. We are in a better Church now and are amongst family. I teach the Adult Sunday School class on occasion but have stepped away because of other things I am currently involved.

I have not seen anyone pass from Covid at our Church or at least not directly. I have had a few friends pass away who were in the local music scene. Not a good idea to be in smoke-filled bars during a pandemic (absolute worst case situation IMO) and I told this to a friend that wanted me to come out to his open mic. He ended up passing away about a year ago from Covid. I had already scaled back on my "Gigging" but covid gave me opportunity to make a clean break.
Yes, my little brother's band in Cincinnati went defunct because of the pandemic. He went into another line of work but has since gone back to performing recently. He wanted to make a clean break, but, he enjoys the limelight too much! :)

Yes, my little brother's band in Cincinnati went defunct because of the pandemic. He went into another line of work but has since gone back to performing recently. He wanted to make a clean break, but, he enjoys the limelight too much! :)
I miss playing but I don't miss the environment I often found myself in!

I miss playing but I don't miss the environment I often found myself in!
I don't blame you. I never found that atmosphere something to be desired, neither while performing, or bartending.

Is the IFB college in Arkansas still viable?

According to this article, Champion Christian College was expecting a resident student body of "as many as 100" in the fall of 2021:

For discussion of the change from Champion Baptist College to Champion Christian College, see this thread:

We had a missionary speak for us Wednesday and one of our staff members mentioned to me he (the missionary) had attended a Christian College in AR.

Last edited: