Acronyms

lnf

Elect
Reaction score
This is simply a suggestion...

I have trouble deciphering many of the acronyms used on the forum.  One of the reasons why I joined this forum is to increase my knowledge.  Might you consider spelling out (on first use) each acronym you use in your posts?  It would help me to understand exactly what is being said. 

Not all acronyms can be googled successfully (I've tried), although some can be.  Whodathunk that MSS actually meant manuscripts (plural)?  Goodness!  Shouldn't that be M(P)?  And I still don't know what DOEG means...

In all seriousness, though, not all of us here have been to Bible college or even have a clue of how to begin a self-study.  Explaining the terminology would be a big help.

Thank you for your consideration.   

Web said:
what if you happen not to read the first post we put the definition in? That will be difficult to keep up with.  why don't you just keep this thread open and ask questions as you go along.

B.I.N.G.O!

(That means Great Post!)

lnf said:
And I still don't know what DOEG means...

Thank you for your consideration. 

It doesn't help your search that DOEG is a carryover from the old FFF.  It's a reference to an Old Testament character, but I can't recall right now what the connotation is.

Agent P, I've seen DOEG here, but do not recall seeing it on the old FFF.  Perhaps someone will reveal the answer.

Web, that's a good suggestion.  That way, more folks can benefit.  I do try to keep up with the posts, but not everyone will.  A central location for definitions is a great option, as long as it doesn't get buried in the threads.

raised2walk:  LOL! 

When David was fleeing from Saul, David sought refuge with a priest.  A servant (Doeg) of the priest snitched to King Saul about the priest aiding David.  The king ordered all the priests of Nob to be killed...the footmen refused to slay the priests...Doeg did the dirty deed.

Frag lets us know when someone is a modern day Doeg.

;)

Thank you, JrChurch.  That makes it clear.

DAMHIKT!!!!

(don't ask me how I know that)

My favorite are TLA's (three letter acronyms; an acronym in itself :D)

admin said:
GRW
Go Red Wings!

You're a Red Wings fan???

YOU'RE FIRED!!!

:p

Okay, just kidding. Regardless of who wins, this has been a very competitive and exciting series.

Go Hawks!!

:)