ALAYMAN is not the one we know from the FFF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Winston]

Alayman, in your statement here, I highlited a phrase.  What constitutes inappropriate language according to the Bible and regular Christian practice is something entirely different than what the owner of this Forum may think.  And since he owns it, he has the right and privelege to determine that without discussing it with you.  Or do you think that all discussions must pass your muster first?
[/quote]

He can claim that fiddlesticks or Fahrvergn

It seems to me that you take this forum stuff way too legalistically.  If he chooses to say that this word is unacceptable and another word is not, I say, "Hey, its his forum. If I want to post here, I just won't use that word."

And as Jesus said in Matt 12:36, "every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment," so I try to avoid using words like that when there are other perfectly acceptable words to use.  Unless it is necessary to use a certain word that must be used. As in hell or damn.

Alayman, As long as I've spoke to you I've never heard or my memory may be going........LOL! You have always been a gentlemen in your posts..........

This admin is a gentlemen let's be fair and play nice :)

Winston said:
It seems to me that you take this forum stuff way too legalistically.  If he chooses to say that this word is unacceptable and another word is not, I say, "Hey, its his forum. If I want to post here, I just won't use that word."

Well, I gave you my rationale, and you'd do other than what I've prescribed, but that's okay that you disagree, as it's still America and you have the right to be wrong if you choose.  ;)

Winston said:
And as Jesus said in Matt 12:36, "every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment," so I try to avoid using words like that when there are other perfectly acceptable words to use.  Unless it is necessary to use a certain word that must be used. As in hell or damn.

Do a study on the Apostle  Paul's choice of words dung/skuvbalon sometime and get back with me.

Sherryh said:
Alayman, As long as I've spoke to you I've never heard or my memory may be going........LOL! You have always been a gentlemen in your posts..........

Thanks, you're far too charitable Sherry.  :)

Sherryh said:
This admin is a gentlemen let's be fair and play nice :)

All nice and no play makes Jackie a dull boy, or sumthin like that. ;)

ALAYMAN said:
Winston said:

Well, I gave you my rationale, and you'd do other than what I've prescribed, but that's okay that you disagree, as it's still America and you have the right to be wrong if you choose.  ;)

Winston said:

Do a study on the Apostle  Paul's choice of words dung/skuvbalon sometime and get back with me.

So, are you sayng that because Paul used the word dung once here in Philippians, "Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ," that you can now use whatever words you want to refer to people who disagree with you, and it cancels out Jesus admonition to be careful with idle words?

Really? I am serious here.  And please don't try to act all condescending to me and say "Oh, do a study of this and get back to me."

[quote author=Winston]
So, are you sayng that because Paul used the word dung once...that you can now use whatever words you want to refer to people who disagree with you, and it cancels out Jesus admonition to be careful with idle words?[/quote]

No, that's not what I'm saying.  I'm saying that not all words that society determines are inappropriate are necessarily unusable by Christians due to some Victorian notion of propriety.

Winston said:
Really? I am serious here.  And please don't try to act all condescending to me and say "Oh, do a study of this and get back to me."

Here's just one example of what I mean...

http://bible.org/article/brief-word-study-skuvbalon
Summary

That skuvbalon took on the nuance of a vulgar expression with emotive connotations (thus, roughly equivalent to the English

ALAYMAN said:
[quote author=Winston]
So, are you sayng that because Paul used the word dung once...that you can now use whatever words you want to refer to people who disagree with you, and it cancels out Jesus admonition to be careful with idle words?

No, that's not what I'm saying.  I'm saying that not all words that society determines are inappropriate are necessarily unusable by Christians due to some Victorian notion of propriety.

Winston said:

Here's just one example of what I mean...

http://bible.org/article/brief-word-study-skuvbalon
Summary

That skuvbalon took on the nuance of a vulgar expression with emotive connotations (thus, roughly equivalent to the English

[quote author=Winston]Do you talk like that in church?  Do you call people "jackasses" when you are out on visitation?
[/quote]

As often as I can.

Top said:
Based upon his/her posts, this is someone else. The responses reminds me of Vic, but it could be anyone.

Either way, he is in the Nursery taking a nap.

Be sure to change his dippers, Admin.  ;)

I knew it was him because he has the exact same superior attitude and condescending tone as before.  Even though he has been chastened, shall we say, by an impartial third party (the webmaster), he will still refuse to acknowledge that his language is filthy and un-Christlike.  He is a hypocrite. 

It never ceases to amaze me how some of these men, naming the name of Christ, go around saying things that most of the unsaved police officers and military people I work with would consider inappropriate in mixed company.  How is it that a lost sailor or cop can feel more uncomfortable saying such things in mixed company than does a saved, born-again, soul-winning, Bible reading, praying, fundamental etc. etc. etc.....???

Funny, isn't it.

[quote author=Aviator]

I knew it was him because he has the exact same superior attitude and condescending tone as before.  Even though he has been chastened, shall we say, by an impartial third party (the webmaster), he will still refuse to acknowledge that his language is filthy and un-Christlike.  He is a hypocrite. 

It never ceases to amaze me how some of these men, naming the name of Christ, go around saying things that most of the unsaved police officers and military people I work with would consider inappropriate in mixed company.  How is it that a lost sailor or cop can feel more uncomfortable saying such things in mixed company than does a saved, born-again, soul-winning, Bible reading, praying, fundamental etc. etc. etc.....???

Funny, isn't it.
[/quote]

Drama queen.

Wow, alleyman.

I thought you were a troller!~

You need less computer time, more real life time.  Please step away from the computer and have some life time, now, thank you sir.

So it's alright to call someone a jack*** but one cannot use the word bu**? Maybe this ain't the place to be................It ain't worth it Al

Bob H said:
So it's alright to call someone a jack*** but one cannot use the word bu** Maybe this ain't the place to be................It ain't worth it Al

Anybody is free to stay or go,but let's at least speak the truth (whether you agree with the admin or not)...it was a more vulgar wording than merely butt.

T-Bone said:
Anybody is free to stay or go,but let's at least speak the truth (whether you agree with the admin or not)...it was a more vulgar wording than merely butt.

I know how he used it.

Bob H said:
So it's alright to call someone a jack*** but one cannot use the word bu**? Maybe this ain't the place to be................It ain't worth it Al

Agree, it's not worth it. You see going to find hypocrisy anywhere, and you will need to pick your battles......this is one to just let go.

Status
Not open for further replies.