ALAYMAN's Big Announcement....

Thanks for asking bro! Been a wonderful day... ordained , and

...Who Dey!๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ˜

I will give a full report tomorrow.๐Ÿ˜‡

I was rootin' for Cincy............... But now I gotta pull for Stafford ;). And again congrats my friend

I was rootin' for Cincy............... But now I gotta pull for Stafford ;).

LOL...I wouldn't expect any less from a Michigander.;) Truth is, I was pulling for Stafford too (even though I would LOVE to exact some revenge on the 49ers for the previous 2 painful moments in my SuperBowl worship experiences ๐Ÿ˜†) because my pastor and family is a die-hard Georgia Bulldog fan who follows Dawg players throughout the NFL and roots for whichever team they happen to be playing for.๐Ÿ˜
And again congrats my friend

Thanks again bro!

So, how'd it go?
I think I hinted at some of this earlier in the thread... but for the first time literally in years I had butterflies yesterday morning as I did my last minute preparations. Not intending to in any way demean the experience but I often liken things in life to sports experiences I've had, and if you've ever had the pregame butterflies it's kind of the same thing. Don't ask me why, I don't know for sure but it had something to do with recognizing that this may be another different chapter in my life as I seek Gods leading for my life and my family.

Now the nuts and bolts of things. The man who was the pastor at the church when I first started attending, that I have now been out for 22 years, led the charge to the ordination, followed by our founding pastor who connected with us remotely from Texas. Both of these men, in their own respective ways, played integral roles in my development from carnal Christian to Deacon and beyond. I enjoyed these elderly saint's perspective after having served literally four and five or six decades in the ministry. I fought back tears at least four times including once when my own pastor spoke and gave me the q&a. After the laying on of hands we had the customary reception line for congratulations and during that time I was not as successful at fighting off the tears because of some of the things that were said. I'm not really a very emotional person, but it was all over the place yesterday, in a good way. I then preached the 11:00 sermon and had a great time in the Lord! The real difficulty there came by way of the fact that I knew, as I often do, over prepared, but in this case my customary one page sermon notes was three pages! ๐Ÿ˜œ I think I got in about 60% of what was in that sermon so that we could get out on time, for which the congregants were extremely thankful. ๐Ÿ˜

So now I am sitting here, waiting for some of those folks who ask for the links to throw rotten tomatoes at me. Bring it on....I have my ๐Ÿ›ก๏ธ and ๐Ÿ‘ทโ€โ™‚๏ธ ready! ๐Ÿ˜

Last edited:
LOL...I wouldn't expect any less from a Michigander.;) Truth is, I was pulling for Stafford too (even though I would LOVE to exact some revenge on the 49ers for the previous 2 painful moments in my SuperBowl worship experiences ๐Ÿ˜†) because my pastor and family is a die-hard Georgia Bulldog fan who follows Dawg players throughout the NFL and roots for whichever team they happen to be playing for.๐Ÿ˜

Thanks again bro!

Small world I guess. My son-in-Law, and my grandson {I tried to turn the little peep Blue :)} are Georgia fans. They root for him also.

Small world I guess. My son-in-Law, and my grandson {I tried to turn the little peep Blue :)} are Georgia fans. They root for him also.
For what it's worth, I would make the argument that Sanders was one of the, if not the greatest running back in NFL history. If only he would have had the kind of line (and team) that he deserved.

I will be ordained to the ministry in my church Sunday January 30th! (should there be a :eek: here, or a o_O or a :rolleyes:...or a :cry:?).....(maybe that should be a Poll Question :unsure:)

Anyhoo, pray for wisdom and better discretion for/from our congregation. :LOL:
Well, belated congratulations!

Doesn't this mean that you'll need to change your username? You cannot be ALAYMAN after you're ordained, can you?

(I now see that someone else already thought of this...)

Well, belated congratulations!

Doesn't this mean that you'll need to change your username? You cannot be ALAYMAN after you're ordained, can you?

(I now see that someone else already thought of this...)
Thank you Walt. Could you call me Sir ALAYMAN from now on please?

๐Ÿ˜

Last edited: