Am I imagining things....

HeDied4U

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
...or has posting traffic dropped off quite a bit of late?

The traffic is there, but posting may very well be stymied a bit. I think people are getting frustrated with the current mood.

FSSL said:
The traffic is there, but posting may very well be stymied a bit. I think people are getting frustrated with the current mood.

Why do you guys always blame the mood or the holidays or even the busy summer.

IT'S THE LACK OF SCANDALS I TELL YOU.

RAIDER is keeping the HAC forum in motion, though!

Izdaari said:
Things will get slow when the admins shut down all the interesting discussions monkeys flinging crap at each other.
Fixed.

FreeToBeMe said:
Izdaari said:
Things will get slow when the admins shut down all the interesting discussions monkeys flinging crap at each other.
Fixed.

I'm done. Enjoy what you call the "monkey crap" free zone...

FreeToBeMe said:
Izdaari said:
Fixed.
Uh no. I don't much like that either. But when a substantial discussion is going on, and a monkey or two comes in and flings crap, a good mod will shut down the monkey, not the entire thread. And a certain amount of it has to be tolerated, or all the fun goes away. This is not just armchair quarterbacking. I've been an admin and a mod on several sites.

What you are seeing has quite a bit of history behind it for over a month.

You have been gone for most of the problem. Tensions were getting the best of people and we lost a couple of posters due to the circus. For that reason, the "Deadpool" and "Nudity" issues have been locked down. Other threads have been deleted. Tomato was banned for a week.

While "Deadpool" and "Nudity" are certainly worthy of being discussed... there has been an ongoing attempt to run over posters in what would be normal discussions.

HeDied4U said:
...or has posting traffic dropped off quite a bit of late?

polar-bear-tired.jpg

FSSL said:

You have been gone for most of the problem. Tensions were getting the best of people and we lost a couple of posters due to the circus. For that reason, the "Deadpool" and "Nudity" issues have been locked down. Other threads have been deleted. Tomato was banned for a week.

While "Deadpool" and "Nudity" are certainly worthy of being discussed... there has been an ongoing attempt to run over posters in what would be normal discussions.
Alrighty. Thanks for the explanation.

FSSL said:

well......... maybe if i leave one of those other posters you lost will come back...... ...... his persistent trolling often resulted in long highly active threads with multiple pages...... .. and he claimed himself on at least one occasion that his presence here brought large amounts of traffic to the forum it wouldn;t otherwise have......... ... he also said he felt he needed to leave because of a certain poster...  :-X ... who was taking some of the things he said too seriously......  ........ maybe he was right....  ??? ..... .... and there is no doubt if he came back the self professed doctor pavlov would get more active again.....  ::)

Don't leave... He is gone temporarily. One other poster is gone because he had enough. You never discussed things with him/her.

I could start another anti-Trump thread. There's always a lot of material.  PY posts a lot but he doesn't make much sense. :)

praise_yeshua said:
FreeToBeMe said:
Izdaari said:
Fixed.

I'm done. Enjoy what you call the "monkey crap" free zone...
OK......see you in a few weeks.......

The data looks about the same as this time last year?

Yearly Summary  Topics New Post    New Members Most Online
+ April 2016              31    1692             4                       233
+ March 2016         234  7600             8                       269
+ February 2016 204 4686             8                       245
+ January 2016 174 3809             7                       176

Year  New Topics New Posts  New Members Most Online
* 2016 643         17787     27                     269
+ 2015 1724 41146     130                     231
+ 2014 1858 42836     351                     670
+ 2013 2276 40869     293                     238
+ 2012 1230 16361     239                     54

I think the posting numbers are down of late, but in my experience, it has always been somewhat cyclical.

As to the recent controversy...from my perspective at least...it was a combination of overreach by Mater and overreaction to what was posted by a few others. I believe some take this place way too seriously. The operative word is 'I believe'. Others don't believe like I believe. <shrug>

As to Mater, he was just illustrating what some here say they believe, there is no morally immodest dress, or undress.
And he was shocked to find out not everyone 'believed that was true'! 

FWIW, I have no complaint against the forum powers that be.

2014 was higher in traffic than the other years... what controversy happened that year? Was that the year of Schaap?