AMEN!!!!!

cool skinny pants

He reminds me so much of Jack Schaap it's creepy...

2:50 - He rips on the Cowboys for wearing spandex, but his pant are so tight he can't walk right.  Hippocrite.

What a performance!  Now this is what church is all about.  A top-notch entertainer. 

Binaca Chugger said:
2:50 - He rips on the Cowboys for wearing spandex, but his pant are so tight he can't walk right.  Hippocrite.

Did he actually say that?  I wasn't paying attention to what he said.  Just watching him perform.

This guy is more HACker than he knows - it's all about the numbers!

Cute responses. Anyone disagree with what he said?

Patebald said:

HACkers don't actually listen to what people say.  If the presentation is good enough, if he rips enough, if he is angry enough..... we will AMEN.  Otherwise - he is a stinkin' liberal.  8)

He started to rip on the Cowboy's dress standard, but then he praised Jerry Jones.  He started to rip on Oprah, but then he told us he loves her.  Sounds like a flip-floppin, can't make his mind up, try to please everybody liberal! 

Kind of gave me the creeps.  Sounds like he's trying to build an empire.
I know nothing of the guy, but I'm going to be really weary of him.

Web said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Binaca Chugger said:

Did he actually say that?  I wasn't paying attention to what he said.  Just watching him perform.

No, he did not say that in context of "ripping on the Cowboys." 

What he was saying was that he was tired of excuses why a new church campus couldn't be done, why it couldn't be built.  Bad economy, recession.  Yet recently, he had the opportunity of going to a game at the new Cowboys stadium.  A $1.1 billion dollar stadium, built during said recession/bad economy.  Apparently no one told Jerry Jones that it was a bad time to build a new stadium. 

So, (loosely paraphrasing) "For all the people who say we can't expand, we can't grow... you mean to tell me that the Cowboys can run around in spandex pants on a $1.1 billion dollar field, and we can't build the church to preach the gospel of the Son of God?"

DISCLAIMER:  I'm no Furtick fan, and I'm CERTAINLY no Cowboys fan.

Maybe he could charge $500 per ticket to get into church.  Also build a lot of concession stands around the church and charge them rent to sell hot dogs, etc.  If he thinks the two are comparable, then he needs to start thinking in terms of how the Cowboys make all their money.

Patebald said:

<hand raised>

...it was straight outta' the HAC manipulate people handbook. For a guy who professes to have grown so much it is mindboggling to me that you can't see it.

I guess for me the question would be, "is God leading the church to build more buildings, or is this the plan and dream of the pastor and leaders?"  For too long church leadership has made their own decisions about expansion and building then preaches at the people to have "faith" and give.  That's not really faith, that's responding to the man!  True faith starts before the project begins, to ask God if He wants the project at all!

T-Bone said:
I guess for me the question would be, "is God leading the church to build more buildings, or is this the plan and dream of the pastor and leaders?"  For too long church leadership has made their own decisions about expansion and building then preaches at the people to have "faith" and give.  That's not really faith, that's responding to the man!  True faith starts before the project begins, to ask God if He wants the project at all!

I'm pretty sure we're in the time of apostasy already. 

The Rogue Tomato said:
T-Bone said:

I have no doubt you are right on this!

The Rogue Tomato said:
T-Bone said:

2Thes.2's falling away?

Anishinabe

prophet said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
T-Bone said:

2Thes.2's falling away?

Anishinabe

Maybe so...maybe no!

T-Bone said:
prophet said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
T-Bone said:

2Thes.2's falling away?

Anishinabe

Maybe so...maybe no!

If not, we're at the front end of it... :(