An article of interest re: Russell Anderson / Shenandoah

Wow!  This is a tough one.  On one side you see how Anderson was wronged.  On the other side, it seems to cross a Biblical line.  This will do nothing but drag God's name through the mud.  I'm sure it has something to do with the "principle of the thing", but what is $50,000 to Anderson?

Seriously Russ?

1Co 6:1  Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?
1Co 6:7  Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?

This is nothing more than political maneuvering and getting back at the church for not continuing in the "old paths" and allowing his choice to be the new pastor.  $10,000 on promotion?  Sure.  He refused reimbursement earlier, but now that the church is moving its position and there has been a split and his guy was removed..... Now he wants it all right now.  This is a spiteful move.  He knows better. 

Yes, I've been wondering what was going on in that church. Care to expound?

C'mon - a ton of HACkers went with Owens to his church in MD.  It was all set up to be HAC jr, even with all HACkers running it.  When JO had to step down (kudos to him for doing the right thing), it was assumed among some that the other HACkers would continue running the ship in the same direction.  Apparently the church said no and got someone else with a different perspective on things.  The church split and the HACkers left.

Sorrow all around.  Then, just to spite the church because he can, Ol' Cotton pulls this stunt.  Way to promote the cause of Christ over your own - oh, wait, he did just the opposite.

Is it true that Corey Bane from Delaware, OH has been called as the new pastor of Shenandoah? Or is this just heresay??

longlivedunkin said:
Is it true that Corey Bane from Delaware, OH has been called as the new pastor of Shenandoah? Or is this just heresay??

Yes, I received a (form) letter from him explaining at least a few changes GBC in Ohio.

Baptist City Holdout said:
longlivedunkin said:

Yes, I received a (form) letter from him explaining at least a few changes GBC in Ohio.

Really!?!  I had not heard that!  This info just multiplies the irrationality of Russ in suing the church.

longlivedunkin said:

BCH, can you explain your statement.  I think I lost you somewhere.

RAIDER said:
longlivedunkin said:

BCH, can you explain your statement.  I think I lost you somewhere.

Now that takes some work! To lose a wise bard as you! One thing I remember is that GBC in Delaware, OH is not having their annual ladies conference as previously scheduled for April. He said he would be in transition to SBBC. (NOT the SBC!!!! :eek:)

longlivedunkin said:

Yes, it is true.  Our ladies goes to GBCs ladies meeting each year and this year it has been cancelled due to the recent announcement that Pastor Bane will be going to Shenandoah.  He's a good man, and I hope that GBC finds a good man to continue the work.  Pastor Bane is largely responsible for getting my first pastor into the ministry, and Owens had a large part in mentoring him when he was at HAC.  I am thankful for how God used them to plant a pastor in our church who had a huge influence on me. 

There are still some Hackers at SBBC as well as many who left to start the new church which is going well. 

Dr. Anderson, I fear, may have senility problems.  He has to have.   

Bless his heart. 

patriotic said:
There are still some Hackers at SBBC as well as many who left to start the new church which is going well. 

Bless his heart.

So, did this split and new church take place before or after Cory Bane took the pastorate?

The new church formed from some of Shenandoah's former members was started approximately 4 months ago. 

patriotic said:
The new church formed from some of Shenandoah's former members was started approximately 4 months ago.

Interesting.  Do you have any idea how many are left at Shenandoah?  It surprises me that Corey Bane left his church in Ohio.  His church has experienced great growth in the past several years.  I believe they have a new church facility also.

patriotic said:
Dr. Anderson, I fear, may have senility problems.  He has to have. Bless his heart.

Didn't Anderson write an open letter which appeared in (SOL or Revival Fires) a few years ago where he wrote it TO the deceased Jack Hyles in heaven apologizing for Jack Schaap's position on the KJV? The same Russell Anderson who was featured at conferences and camp meetings in Michigan where attendees were invited forward to have Anderson "lay hands on" you to receive the anointing of financial blessing he has/had???

Bottom line ... he gave money to Owens to start a school to hurt HAC

patriotic said:

It has been kind of evident for a few years. If you spend some time with him, you can see the onset of some issue, not sure wether it is just old age or dementia, but there is something going on.