An Open Letter To IFB College Students

Fishnut.
It was carefully worded.  I started going to an IFB preschool when I was one.  I didn't mean to mislead people into thinking I've been in the ministry for 29 years.  I assumed the audience of my blog would know what I meant.
Have I personally known IFB people who hold to some stupid ideas?  I have.  But I haven't personally known anyone who would ascribe to the list Shore posted.  That's not broad brushing, it's a statement of fact based on my personal experience. It's totally different from someone with no firsthand experience within the IFB movement making concrete belief claims about the whole thing.
I also don't presume to have a perfect grasp of the history of the IFB movement.  I have done a lot of study on it, and had hundreds of conversations with men much older than I on the subject.  I've read almost everything "the other side" has to say about it as well, and have found that they often make valid points.  I just don't think that "The IFB stands for 'Irresponsible Fundamentalist Bullies'" is one of those valid points. 
Do some IFB colleges go too far?  Absolutely.
Are there some IFB preachers who have lost touch with reality (and the Bible) and hold extremely toxic views on things? Absolutely.
Does that justify saying that all IFB, or the IFB (as if there is such a thing) believes that list of dribble that Shore posted?  Absolutely not.

AmazedbyGrace said:
(Perhaps would have been more appropriately labeled IFBx)

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/johnshore/2013/11/an-open-letter-to-students-of-independent-fundamental-baptist-ifb-colleges/

"Greetings! My name is John Shore. I’m a Christian. Like you, I believe in the literal divinity, miracles, atonement, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Over the past few years I have come to know a lot of members of the Independent Fundamental Baptists (IFB), both former and current. Through study and research I’ve also learned a great deal about the IFB.....

I just personally called 2380 IFBxer college students.  None of them have read your letter nor do they care to.  Sorry....

Merry Christmas...

Frag said:
AmazedbyGrace said:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/johnshore/2013/11/an-open-letter-to-students-of-independent-fundamental-baptist-ifb-colleges/

"Greetings! My name is John Shore. I’m a Christian. Like you, I believe in the literal divinity, miracles, atonement, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Over the past few years I have come to know a lot of members of the Independent Fundamental Baptists (IFB), both former and current. Through study and research I’ve also learned a great deal about the IFB.....

I just personally called 2380 IFBxer college students.  None of them have read your letter nor do they care to.  Sorry....

Merry Christmas...

Are you soliciting funds?

Web said:
BALAAM said:
Frag said:
AmazedbyGrace said:

Merry Christmas...

Are you soliciting funds?

No, but he is lying.

You CPAs aren't big on hyperbole and sarcasm, I guess.

From my outsider's perspective (not IFB, never have been, but I've been on these forums a long time), the article seems to have a lot of truth in it... even if it is flawed.