An Open Letter TO Linda Hyles Murphrey

This was recently posted on Jenny Weber’s website:

I find interesting here, though not shocked by the post because of all the depravity we’ve all heard of, that she claims that part of her faith/belief system that she doesn’t offer or listen to gossip. Here, she wants all of us to believe what she says because she witnessed it (both heard and saw)! So that’s okay and not gossip, but anything we say IS gossip and not to be believed!
I am a little curious as to who this “Pastor X” is because I just find the whole thing inappropriately funny!
If you read through Jenny’s chronicled posts, you can come to realize how fast her “independent fundamental baptist values” fly out the window! I am not sure about Greg. He always, with his brother Ron, referred to Dave Hyles as the Pied Piper. He could get very mad, very quickly, but I always thought that he wasn’t quite on board with all that came out of FBCH. I had a healthy respect for him, but never for her. I only admired that she set her cap for her man and stayed the course until she got him and has apparently kept him for forty years!
I am very honest about my feelings, about my experiences at FBCH and about my faith now. I don’t try to fool anyone for the sake of appearances. I don’t know anything about Greg being unfaithful, so I can’t comment on that, but, I can say that if he was, I sure might understand why and think that perhaps he, like most who become unfaithful, hoped he wouldn’t be caught. I do not actually mean to advocate cheating, but I understand that it happens and I think one should just come out and tell their spouse instead of waiting on the sky to fall. Get it out there and deal with it however you choose in the privacy of your own home, hopefully!
Honestly, though, binge-reading jennyweber.com is a hoot!
I would like to add that I have read about and support Joy Evans Ryder in her lawsuit against Dave, the church, the Hyles’ estate and applaud her attorney for going at it from the RICO Act. I hope she is successful. Her parents used her horribly and I don’t know if she has forgiven that, but I don’t believe I could.
Men are pigs. There.

Pointless article. She should keep her opinions to herself. Someone reading that would know EXACTLY to whom she is referring.

Mutt: "Anyone reading this would know who she was talking about."
Jeff: "I don't know who she is talking about. Who is it?"
Mutt: "Yeah, I don't know either."

Heh. Great conversation.

Mutt: "Anyone reading this would know who she was talking about."
Jeff: "I don't know who she is talking about. Who is it?"
Mutt: "Yeah, I don't know either."

Heh. Great conversation.
I'd say it ranks up there with the conversations between you and UGC.

Interesting reading. I remember when Linda came out with her talk. She certainly was off on some of what she said, which colored everything he claimed.

In reading the open letter, I did wonder at much of what she said... she seemed to be going by only by what she thought she saw. If Linda and the others had it drilled into them to not ruin Daddy's "ministry", it would have been much as she claimed.

I don't know who they are talking about, either... I'm mostly an outsider to the people, only really having second-hand knowledge.

Interesting reading. I remember when Linda came out with her talk. She certainly was off on some of what she said, which colored everything he claimed.

In reading the open letter, I did wonder at much of what she said... she seemed to be going by only by what she thought she saw. If Linda and the others had it drilled into them to not ruin Daddy's "ministry", it would have been much as she claimed.

I don't know who they are talking about, either... I'm mostly an outsider to the people, only really having second-hand knowledge.
And there you go...........I was there & went to HAC with Linda & the gentleman she married.

And there you go...........I was there & went to HAC with Linda & the gentleman she married.

Yep; I can only speak to how the statements struck me as an outsider.

To go to another area, a man who knew Voyle Glover and Vic Nischick said that he thought Mr Glover to be honest and truthful, but that he had a low opinion of Mr Nischick. From the writings, I had the reverse opinion; Mr Glover uses emotionally-laden lawyer-like phrases that didn't impress me much, whereas Mr Nischik's writings had the ring of truth.