An Open Letter to Mitex

Darkwing Duck said:
admin said:
Since Mitex clearly does not know the terms in his own question, what good is an answer?
Define the terms however you want just answer the question - "Does there currently exist a perfect Bible?"
" If yes, then what version?"

These questions would be impossible to answer adequately without first discussing the purpose of Scripture, how it is authoritative in regards to these purposes, proper hermeneutical methodologies given the authoritative nature of Scripture, and what criteria would make Scripture "perfect" or less than so in light of these considerations.

[quote author=Mitex]I asked, "What pray tell is the difference in meaning between the phrases 'the root of all evil' and 'the root of all kinds of evil' because I don't see any difference in meaning.[/quote]

If you cannot see the difference in these two phrases, you have absolutely no credentials to qualify you for any type of translation work.

admin said:
As long as Mitex continues to copy and paste Bill Kincaid's stuff without knowing what he believes, "perfect" can mean whatever he wants.

Barry refuses to answer questions. FSSL refuses to define the terms as he understands them. Admin refuses to state his position clearly. Barry then blames everyone else for his confusion. FSSL cuts and pastes (a link) to an article by Bill Kincaid taking it out of context and insisting that it is an exegeses of Ps 19:7. Admin then insists that the above mentioned article explaining the various ways the KJV is "perfect" must be my definition of the word perfect as found in Ps 19:7. Does anyone else smell a rat?

I know what I believe, I've stated my position frequently, clearly and publicly so your kind can take pot shots at it. When you ever decide to come out of the shadows let us know and we'll continue the debate. You still have a chance to teach us something. Up until now though it's been all dodge ball!

admin said:
Read...

Biblical Definition of "perfect" Every Bible is perfect (trustworthy).
NonBiblical, Dictionary Definition of "perfect" Every extant Bible (translation,copy) is imperfect (has errors).

Write it down folks!
"The law of the LORD is trustworthy..."

So, now that we cleared that up, would you mind producing a Bible other than the "original" that is "given by inspiration of God and thus perfect (trustworthy), pure, infallible, the final authority in all matters of faith and practice?

admin said:
Read...

Biblical Definition of "perfect" Every Bible is perfect (trustworthy).
NonBiblical, Dictionary Definition of "perfect" Every extant Bible (translation,copy) is imperfect (has errors).
See, now you admit that only the originals were without error yet when Mitex made that assumption on page 1 about your position you disagreed. That was why I was confused.

Someone ought to explain (with a clear definition, of course!) the meaning of "burden of proof" to Mitex.

Ransom said:
Someone ought to explain (with a clear definition, of course!) the meaning of "burden of proof" to Mitex.

The burden of proof belongs to those who accuse the English Scriptures of error. Skeptics, critics and unbelievers make accusations, with no proof other than their opinion, that our English Scriptures are in error on a daily basis.

The skeptics and critics of our English Scriptures made the accusation that all the translators in history were too squeamish (imagine Luther being squeamish) to correctly translate the Hebrew. That each and every one of them made "a mistake in translation" in So 7:2. The burden of proof is theirs.

I asked you previously: "Is it your contention that all the translators in history mistranslated Song 7:2? Is it your contention that when translators use an euphemism that it is proof of mistranslation? If so, what was all that blather years ago about pisseth against the wall (1Kings 21:21) and do count them but dung Phil 3:8?

While I have you on the line: Is it your contention that the presence of archaic or obsolete words is proof of error in the Scriptures? Did the word Easter have the meaning of "passover" when the early English translators used the word?

You profess to be saved, would you prove it by giving the reader your testimony? 1Peter 3:15  But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

rsc2a said:
[quote author=Mitex]I asked, "What pray tell is the difference in meaning between the phrases 'the root of all evil' and 'the root of all kinds of evil' because I don't see any difference in meaning.

If you cannot see the difference in these two phrases, you have absolutely no credentials to qualify you for any type of translation work.
[/quote]

Jacklegs are a dime a dozen down at Walmart. I meant Walmart, not Walgreens, because Walgreens doesn't sell jacklegs, even if there is one standing behind the counter.

You made statements and refuse to clarify or provide proof for your statements. The burden of proof (new catchword used by those who drive Dodges) lies with you.

You stated that the KJV translation is simply wrong. It is different...So, actually differences (vs. simply different phrasing with the same meaning) in the KJV and other translations where the KJV is wrong...Of course you still haven't addressed that pesky problem where translations are legitimately different...You (Mitex, ed.) stated that all translations are equally valid and without error, a claim that is patently false since the various translations are clearly different in certain places...

I pointed out that your absurd argument (Barry's favorite vocabulary word, I think his 6th grade elementary teacher must have written it on one of his paper's and he never quite got over it) that "differences are proof of error" is false. You then fudge with "legitimately different" and "clearly different". I asked:

"I wonder what you mean by 'legitimately different'? The wild-eyed Any Version Will Do Club (AVWDC), which doesn't believe every word of any translation since they all have errors in them, has insisted for years that, 'there are no legitimate differences in translations'. They have insisted that any differences (apparently not of the legitimate variety) have no affect on doctrine, and all versions, despite their differences, are sufficient for the man of God when dealing with issues of faith and doctrine."

You dodge the question and the point without every supplying proof - the burden of proof lies with you. See Scott if you are confused about the definition of burden of proof.

Now tell us, in light of the above, what is the difference, legitimate difference, or clear difference in the meaning of the two phrases:

"the love of money is the root of all evil" and "the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil"?

Is the difference doctrinal? Then the multi-versionist central argument falls on its head.
Is the difference proof of error? How so? See the differences listed above in the Scriptures in any language or time period.
Do the difference negate the authority of the English Scriptures? If yes, proof? O such a burden!
Does your failure to comprehend the meaning of either phrase proof of error? How so? Please explain.

P.S. Does the presence or absence of either phrase prove that our English Scriptures are no longer trustworthy? If yes, how so? If not, why do you feel compelled to constantly bring up such things?

P.S.S. I'll repeat for the Gentle Reader's sake, I did not, nor have I ever stated, "all translations are equally valid and without error", that's your scarecrow. I have stated that the Scriptures in any language, including, but not limited to English, Greek and Hebrew, are equally valid and without error. I have also stated, that the Standard translation in any language recognized as the Scriptures by a consensus of born again Spirit filled Christians is clearly the word of God in that language. I'll throw in another one just for you: The Scriptures in any language have just as much authority as the autographs and the originals. In fact, practically speaking, they have more authority. Why? The autographs are no longer extant and the originals are of no practical value to the vast multitude of born again believer who have right unto the word of God in their language. Think before you leap on that last one! I don't want you to break a leg.

[quote author=Mitex]You made statements and refuse to clarify or provide proof for your statements. The burden of proof (new catchword used by those who drive Dodges) lies with you. [/quote]

You don't actually know what burden of proof is, do you?

I haven't made claims expect to point out very specific cases where the KJV is mistranslated, cases that are easily and readily verifiable in spite of your desire to redefine common English words to minimize these cases. In short, I have proved the claim I have made.

You have stated that all Scriptures are perfect in any translation and every language. You have failed to address how this is even possible when there are clearly identifiable differences in even the English translations of Scripture. You have failed to meet the burden of proof for your claim and believe hand-waving is "proof" enough. It's a pretty consistent tactic for a KJVO-ist so I'm not surprised, even if you won't even own up to the label you clearly wear.

[quote author=Mitex]You stated that the KJV translation is simply wrong. It is different...So, actually differences (vs. simply different phrasing with the same meaning) in the KJV and other translations where the KJV is wrong...Of course you still haven't addressed that pesky problem where translations are legitimately different...You (Mitex, ed.) stated that all translations are equally valid and without error, a claim that is patently false since the various translations are clearly different in certain places...

I pointed out that your absurd argument (Barry's favorite vocabulary word, I think his 6th grade elementary teacher must have written it on one of his paper's and he never quite got over it) that "differences are proof of error" is false. You then fudge with "legitimately different" and "clearly different". I asked:

"I wonder what you mean by 'legitimately different'? The wild-eyed Any Version Will Do Club (AVWDC), which doesn't believe every word of any translation since they all have errors in them, has insisted for years that, 'there are no legitimate differences in translations'. They have insisted that any differences (apparently not of the legitimate variety) have no affect on doctrine, and all versions, despite their differences, are sufficient for the man of God when dealing with issues of faith and doctrine."

You dodge the question and the point without every supplying proof - the burden of proof lies with you. See Scott if you are confused about the definition of burden of proof.[/quote]

I honestly find it hard to believe that you could possibly be on an translation committee based on the shallowness of understanding of how language works that you have thusly demonstrated.

Tell me: if I tell my kids the story of the three little pigs and one night, the second pig builds his house out of sticks and another night this pig builds his house out of branches, have I changed the story at all?

Now again, if one night I decide the pig is going to build his house out of crushed S-10s he picked up from the scrap yard, is the story different?

One of these is actually different. The other, not so much. I'll assume you can figure out which is which.

[quote author=Mitex]Now tell us, in light of the above, what is the difference, legitimate difference, or clear difference in the meaning of the two phrases:

"the love of money is the root of all evil" and "the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil"?[/quote]

My oldest is in the third grade. Now I realize that he's reading on a sixth grade level, but he can tell you the difference in these two phrases. Are they giving you that much trouble?

[quote author=Mitex]Is the difference doctrinal? Then the multi-versionist central argument falls on its head.[/quote]

Yes. (I'm curious where you've ever heard me say that differences in translation do not affect doctrine...)

[quote author=Mitex]Is the difference proof of error? How so? See the differences listed above in the Scriptures in any language or time period.[/quote]

Yes. Because the different phrases change the meaning of the text.

[quote author=Mitex]Do the difference negate the authority of the English Scriptures? If yes, proof? O such a burden...

...P.S. Does the presence or absence of either phrase prove that our English Scriptures are no longer trustworthy? If yes, how so? If not, why do you feel compelled to constantly bring up such things?[/quote]

Earlier: These questions would be impossible to answer adequately without first discussing the purpose of Scripture, how it is authoritative in regards to these purposes, proper hermeneutical methodologies given the authoritative nature of Scripture, and what criteria would make Scripture "perfect" or less than so in light of these considerations. - rsc2a

[quote author=Mitex]Does your failure to comprehend the meaning of either phrase proof of error? How so? Please explain. [/quote]

I'm not the one struggling with elementary reading comprehension. (Honestly, I don't think you are struggling with it. I believe you know they are different but admitting it would force you to either own up to your KJVO-ism or reject it, neither of which you are willing to do.)

[quote author=Mitex]P.S.S. I'll repeat for the Gentle Reader's sake, I did not, nor have I ever stated, "all translations are equally valid and without error", that's your scarecrow. I have stated that the Scriptures in any language, including, but not limited to English, Greek and Hebrew, are equally valid and without error. [/quote]

Define tautology.

[quote author=Mitex]I have also stated, that the Standard translation in any language recognized as the Scriptures by a consensus of born again Spirit filled Christians is clearly the word of God in that language. [/quote]

And I have explicitly asked you what the "standard translation" is for English speakers, a question you conveniently ignored.

(You might want to research which translations are most widely used before you throw your KJVo-ism under the bus when answering this question.)

[quote author=Mitex]I'll throw in another one just for you: The Scriptures in any language have just as much authority as the autographs and the originals. In fact, practically speaking, they have more authority. Why? The autographs are no longer extant and the originals are of no practical value to the vast multitude of born again believer who have right unto the word of God in their language. Think before you leap on that last one! I don't want you to break a leg.[/quote]

And you know what...I would agree with this. Of course, it's based on my beliefs concerning the purpose of Scripture, how it is authoritative in regards to these purposes, proper hermeneutical methodologies given the authoritative nature of Scripture, and what criteria would make Scripture "perfect" or less than so in light of these considerations, beliefs that I would guess are quite a bit different than yours.

admin said:
Mitex said:
Now tell us, in light of the above, what is the difference, legitimate difference, or clear difference in the meaning of the two phrases:

"the love of money is the root of all evil" and "the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil"?

Lol! The "what-difference-does-it-make" defense! Too funny :)

Can you imagine being on a translation "team" with Mitex? There would be "all kinds of" issues! NOT that everything would be an issue. (Explanation apparently needed for some.)

If you keep revving up that Dodge of yours you are going to blow a gasket! We'll get back to your Dodge in a minute, but first a little lesson in English:

All
adjective
4. every: all kinds; all sorts.

Apparently they gave social promotions at your school.

Now, let's take a look under the hood of your Dodge. You and your henchmen having been saying for years that "there are no legitimate differences in translations". You all have insisted that any differences (apparently not of the legitimate variety) have no affect on doctrine, and all versions, despite their differences, are sufficient for the man of God when dealing with issues of faith and doctrine. In fact, in your vocabulary that means they are all perfect, you know T_R_U_S_T_W_O_R_T_Y! Who are we kidding? Everyone knows that you don't believe any translation is completely trustworthy, only those books, chapters, verses, and words that you agree with in your warped opinion. The only Scriptures you believe that are trustworthy in every book, chapter, verse and word is the non-extant original. You Original Language Onlyist, you!

Now, step up to the plate and take your swings. In your pee-wee league you get five swings at the bat, so, set your feet, get your elbows up, here comes the pitch (underhand of course!):

1) Is the alleged difference doctrinal? Then your multi-versionist central argument falls on its head.

2) Is the difference proof of error? How so? See the differences that I have listed in the Scriptures in any language or time period.

3) Do the difference negate the authority of the English Scriptures? If yes, proof? O such a burden!

4) Does your failure to comprehend the meaning of either phrase proof of error? How so? Please explain.

5) I'll save the last pitch to see if you hit any of the above...

Mitex said:
The burden of proof belongs to those who accuse the English Scriptures of error.

The burden of proof belongs to those who make the positive claim, e.g. that there's something supernaturally special about one Bible version that isn't of others.

Ransom said:
Mitex said:
The burden of proof belongs to those who accuse the English Scriptures of error.

The burden of proof belongs to those who make the positive claim, e.g. that there's something supernaturally special about one Bible version that isn't of others.

Exactly.

Just because a particular much-loved and respected version (KJV) is revered by a particular individual believer here, that doesn't make it necessarily better or more accurate than other versions.

Recall that the Vulgate, as a version, held sway as the "accepted version"  for a millennium, more than twice as long as (anybody's estimate of the duration of) the KJV's reign as "the" version of the Scriptures.

Does that imply its "perfection"?
Obviously not.

Can multiple Bible versions all be simultaneously "perfect"?

Obviously not, if they differ in meanings, except of course in Burgon's "Cloud Land".

I must say, I fail to understand all the never-ending fuss about supposed KJV perfection.
The reality of God's Truth, as revealed in the Scriptures,  is much more important than superstitious adherence to a "version's" pretended ultimate supremacy.

Ok, Sawbones, ante up or walk away from the table. Let's deal with the issue, shall we?

1) All translators were accused of purposely making a mistake in the translation of Song. 7:2. That is all translations, not just a particular much-loved and respected version (KJV)revered by a particular individual believer here, were accused of a mistake in Song. 7:2. Do you agree? Please explain. I call it arrogance on the part of the accuser.

2) Most early English versions as well as most foreign language versions, not just a particular much-loved and respected version (KJV) revered by a particular individual believer here, were accused of error for using the word "Easter" in Acts 12:4 and other places. It was blatantly, arrogantly and erroneously stated that "Easter was not archaic or obsolete in those places, but WRONG!" Do you agree with this assessment? Please explain.

3) It has been repeatedly claimed, not by any wild-eyed KJVO, but by those on this board, that differences, clearly identifiable differences, legitimate differences, etc. in translations, not just a particular much-loved and respected version (KJV) revered by a particular individual believer here, is proof of error. And this after years of reading, "There are no legitimate differences in translations. The differences in translations have no affect on doctrine, and all versions, despite their differences, are sufficient for the man of God when dealing with issues of faith and doctrine." One zealot would have us believe that there is a doctrinal difference between, "the love of money is the root of all evil" and "the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil"? Do you agree? Please explain.

4) Our ever present hero FSSL, Admin, Barry has for years been telling us that the AV "is not P-E-R-F-E-C-T and no translation is perfect, not just a particular much-loved and respected version (KJV)revered by a particular individual believer here"! Now, after much labour, Barry comes out and says, "perfect in the context of the Bible means trustworthy". Do you agree that the AV is "not trustworthy" or that no translation is trustworthy? Or, has Barry been equivocating again?

You've never been shy about expressing you opinion, so throw your 2 cents in and deal with the issue.

admin said:
... or making the translation of its sources the "standard."

Wow, what a thought, a translation becoming the standard. It's obvious that Barry is ignorant of international business dealings, Federal court translations and translations into the vulgar (note the archaic usage of the word vulgar - it means in this context, vernacular, and not indecent, obscene, or lewd, no matter what the gang down at Walgreens think). Translations do indeed become the standard, especially, when the source documents are no longer extant or identifiable. Once an authorized translation has been recognized as such - as a valid and legal translation, it does indeed become the Standard. Of course, Barry demonstrates his ignorance in these matters, being an American and most likely having no international dealings where "translations are authoritative".

Mitex said:
admin said:

Wow, what a thought, a translation becoming the standard. It's obvious that Barry is ignorant of international business dealings, Federal court translations and translations into the vulgar (note the archaic usage of the word vulgar - it means in this context, vernacular, and not indecent, obscene, or lewd, no matter what the gang down at Walgreens think). Translations do indeed become the standard, especially, when the source documents are no longer extant or identifiable. Once an authorized translation has been recognized as such - as a valid and legal translation, it does indeed become the Standard. Of course, Barry demonstrates his ignorance in these matters, being an American and most likely having no international dealings where "translations are authoritative".
So why shouldn't the beloved Latin Vulgate which reigned for 1200 years or more not still be the standard?  Would you object to any updating of the language in the KJV?  Ray Comfort put out a study Bible that changed the pronouns to current usage do you object to that? 

Mitex said:
Ok, Sawbones, ante up or walk away from the table. Let's deal with the issue, shall we?

It's not a "world-championship poker game", Brent, just a forum. I don't view this sort of exchange as being of any overblown or pivotal significance. 

Mitex said:
1) All translators were accused of purposely making a mistake in the translation of Song. 7:2. That is all translations, not just a particular much-loved and respected version (KJV)revered by a particular individual believer here, were accused of a mistake in Song. 7:2. Do you agree? Please explain. I call it arrogance on the part of the accuser.

Why do you even mention this? I won't necessarily be pursuing issues with just any verse you may bring up!

Mitex said:
2) Most early English versions as well as most foreign language versions, not just a particular much-loved and respected version (KJV) revered by a particular individual believer here, were accused of error for using the word "Easter" in Acts 12:4 and other places. It was blatantly, arrogantly and erroneously stated that "Easter was not archaic or obsolete in those places, but WRONG!" Do you agree with this assessment? Please explain.

"Blatantly, arrogantly" aren't terms I would ever apply to any Bible scholars' efforts, but "Easter" at Acts 12:4 does not translate what we understand the meaning of the Greek pascha to be.
(We understand that meaning by reference to its use elsewhere in the Scriptures.)
Argue all you want about whether it's "wrong", or what "wrong" means in this context. If you like "Easter" there, that's fine with me, but you won't likely sell anybody else on the concept that it's the best possible rendering, or that it's somehow "perfect" (unless you wish to provide a novel definition of "perfect", of course).

Mitex said:
3) It has been repeatedly claimed, not by any wild-eyed KJVO, but by those on this board, that differences, clearly identifiable differences, legitimate differences, etc. in translations, not just a particular much-loved and respected version (KJV) revered by a particular individual believer here, is proof of error. And this after years of reading, "There are no legitimate differences in translations. The differences in translations have no affect on doctrine, and all versions, despite their differences, are sufficient for the man of God when dealing with issues of faith and doctrine." One zealot would have us believe that there is a doctrinal difference between, "the love of money is the root of all evil" and "the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil"? Do you agree? Please explain.

Again, Brent, I'm not your debate opponent.

Those sorts of questions are ultimately boring to me.
As regards the "love of money" issue, I believe the apostle was likely quoting a proverb, and I wouldn't require that such a quote represent an absolute truism.
(As far as it goes, it's quite clear that "the love of money" is NOT the root/source/foundation of all evil; I trust that you do not hold that it is so!)

Mitex said:
4) Our ever present hero FSSL, Admin, Barry has for years been telling us that the AV "is not P-E-R-F-E-C-T and no translation is perfect, not just a particular much-loved and respected version (KJV)revered by a particular individual believer here"! Now, after much labour, Barry comes out and says, "perfect in the context of the Bible means trustworthy". Do you agree that the AV is "not trustworthy" or that no translation is trustworthy? Or, has Barry been equivocating again?

I've offered no judgement about the reliability of anyone on this forum, though Barry has always seemed very reasonable IMHO.
I'm frankly surprised you're asking such a question.

Mitex said:
You've never been shy about expressing you opinion, so throw your 2 cents in and deal with the issue.

I'm not sure which particular issue you're now referring to. (You listed at least four above.)

My impression of your interactions here, at the defunct FFF and at BVDB is that you just love to argue!

Have at it, but I won't be inveigled into discussing just anything you may bring up.

And Sawbones passes. Next.

biscuit1953 said:
Mitex said:
admin said:

So why shouldn't the beloved Latin Vulgate which reigned for 1200 years or more not still be the standard?  Would you object to any updating of the language in the KJV?  Ray Comfort put out a study Bible that changed the pronouns to current usage do you object to that?

Do you know of any Latin speaking churches? There's your answer. If you ever find a Latin speaking Church their standard would be the Latin Scriptures. Do you agree that the autographs were the Standard at one time? When the autographs crumbled to dust and became worm food what became the new Standard? Why copies and translations became the new Standard! Wow, imagine that.

Would I object to "any" updating the language of the KJV? Is that a trick question? The language of the Bible - any Bible, including original language Bibles - grows old over time and becomes archaic and obsolete. Note: The Greek word pascha in Greece today means, hold on to your hat, E_A_S_T_E_R, as in "Easter bunnies", "Easter dresses", "Easter Sunday", etc. It is most likely that it did NOT have that meaning when the Apostles penned the New Testament. I don't object to updating archaic words, syntax or grammar structures. I do object to the slice and dice going on in modern textual critical theory. I'm not persuaded that the Church of God has an obligation to use any Tom, Dick and Harry translation that comes down the pipe. I'm personally not convinced that it is the will of God that English has 200+ translations while some languages have no Bible in their language at all. If Wesley, Darby, Webster or you want to make your own translation for your sect and that helps you serve God to the fullest, help yourself, but the Church of God is under no obligation to use sectarian Bibles. Where all Bibles agree then those places are the final authority without question, where there are differences and a choice has to be made then the Standard Bible recognized as such by a consensus of born again Spirit filled Christians is the final arbitrator in such cases. That would be as much as 5% of the total word count in the extreme and as little as 200 words on the other extreme.

The goal of translation should be that of the AV translators:

"Truly, good Christian Reader, we never thought from the beginning that we should need to make a new translation, nor yet to make of a bad one a good one; (for then the imputation of Sixtus had been true in some sort, that our people had been fed with gall of dragons instead of wine, with whey instead of milk;) but to make a good one better, or out of many good ones one principal good one, not justly to be excepted against; that hath been our endeavour, that our mark."

Now, I'm sure there is much debate as to what is "best" when it comes to pronouns. Our modern pronouns are much more common, but less accurate than the archaic pronouns used in earlier English Bibles. Both usages would be correct, neither would be wrong even though they are DIFFERENT(!), and I'm sure genuine translators would struggle over such matters. Personally, "thee and thou" was never a real problem for me, if it ever was, it took about 10 minutes to get an understanding of the proper understanding.

This debate would never had come into existence if Wescott, Hort and Crew had stuck to the task of updating the Authorized Version of the Holy Scriptures instead of producing a NEW Translation from their newly formed and sectarian Greek text.

As it stands now with so much "heat in the air" it's probably not best to wash your windows in a hurricane or open the door even for the postman when there are wolves at the door.

"This debate would never had come into existence if Wescott, Hort and Crew had stuck to the task of updating the Authorized Version of the Holy Scriptures instead of producing a NEW Translation from their newly formed and sectarian Greek text."  Mitex

"As it stands now with so much "heat in the air" it's probably not best to wash your windows in a hurricane or open the door even for the postman when there are wolves at the door."  Mitex

I knew that would be your answer.  The standard Peter Ruckman answer.  It is a dishonest answer.  Arthur Farstad updated the KJV with the Majority Text and immediately Dr. Ruckman and all of the other translation idol worshippers started nitpicking the updates just as they did the Critical Text versions.  When are you going to use one of my favorite Ruckman quotes which goes something like, "These educated asses don't have enough sense to fill the left eye of a blind mosquito." 

biscuit1953 said:
"This debate would never had come into existence if Wescott, Hort and Crew had stuck to the task of updating the Authorized Version of the Holy Scriptures instead of producing a NEW Translation from their newly formed and sectarian Greek text."  Mitex

"As it stands now with so much "heat in the air" it's probably not best to wash your windows in a hurricane or open the door even for the postman when there are wolves at the door."  Mitex

I knew that would be your answer.  The standard Peter Ruckman answer.  It is a dishonest answer.  Arthur Farstad updated the KJV with the Majority Text and immediately Dr. Ruckman and all of the other translation idol worshippers started nitpicking the updates just as they did the Critical Text versions.  When are you going to use one of my favorite Ruckman quotes which goes something like, "These educated asses don't have enough sense to fill the left eye of a blind mosquito."

Are you reverting to your bad attitude again? You can do all things through Christ, so hang in the there brother, you'll get over it.

My answer was not dishonest as you falsely charge. The only ones nitpicking on this board are the ones nitpicking archaic/obsolete words and differences in our English Scriptures. You have never heard me nitpick any version, let alone Farstad's. As i stated previously I don't know anyone personally who is a "translation idol worshiper", although, I have met some Roman Catholics who had enshrined their preferred version (a modern translation following the most up-to-date modern axioms of the textual critical art-form) on an alter with candles and such and prayed before it. If you have a problem with Dr. Ruckman then take it up with him, not me.

As for favorite quotes of Dr. Ruckman, B.A., B.D., M.A., Th.M., Ph.D., how about:

"We do not refer to the AV as the 'verbally inspired, inerrant Word of God'. We refer to the AV as the Holy Bible, inerrant and infallible, preserved by the grace of God in our language, with the words that God wants us to have." Pastoral Epistles, pg. 317.

“Where was the word of God before 1611? All over the ever-lovin’ blue eyed world!” He lists French Bibles Lefevre (1530), Italain Diodati (1607), Valera (1602), Visoly Polish Bible (1590)? Biblical Scholarship, 1999 Reprint, Peter S. Ruckman, pg 150.

“Where was the Bible before 1611? All over the cotton pickin’ continent!” He lists Luther, Holland (1523), Denmark (1524), Iceland (1540), Yugoslavia (1584) Croatia (1562), Poland (1551) [John Seklucyan, a personal friend of Luther, NT only], Finland (1548), Ibid pg 149

In your haste to display your bad attitude you missed some questions:
* Do you agree that the autographs were the Standard at one time?
* When the autographs crumbled to dust and became worm food what became the new Standard? Why copies and translations became the new Standard!