Another opportunity to 'turn the other cheek' because....

Looks like your looking to start something, so I'll bite,....
What do you suggest we, as believers should do? And please, use the words of out Lord.

That's Jesus by the way, not Rush ;)

Recovering IFB said:
Looks like your looking to start something, so I'll bite,....
What do you suggest we, as believers should do? And please, use the words of out Lord.

That's Jesus by the way, not Rush ;)

Id use a proper hermeneutic and not confuse Jesus instructions for kingdom living for the individual with the actions of government fighting a war against terrorism.
What would you do?

Recovering IFB said:
Well, you never really did answer my question, did you?

I thought the answer was so obvious as to render your question as rhetorical.

But....
I think we should do what some are already doing...bomb, shoot and try to beat and bomb them into submission to stop the slaughter of the innocents in their path.

And, at the same time I agree with someone who posed online “Oh, that there might be an ISIS Saul standing there now, holding the cloaks, whose salvation might turn the Arab world upside down with the gospel!”

But, that's just spiritual common sense....Einstein!

In short, you cannot find any words of Jesus that would support your "Christian" views on foreign policy?

rsc2a said:
In short, you cannot find any words of Jesus that would support your "Christian" views on foreign policy?

Are you saying that a Biblical view would be contradicted by Jesus' words?
And, do you not believe there are vastly different roles for a government and for individual Christians?
And, I'm speaking of Biblical roles....to you that might not be understood!

rsc2a said:

WHERE have I EVER stated I had a Christian view on foreign policy?

Tarheel Baptist said:
But....
I think we should do what some are already doing...bomb, shoot and try to beat and bomb them into submission to stop the slaughter of the innocents in their path.

Then it's a no-brainer. Christians should do all they can to physically maim and/or kill all those who assist in abortion clinics to stop the slaughter of the innocents in their particular path.

Tarheel Baptist said:

Not meaning to answer for him, but I say yes (at times).

Biblical view:

If anyone injures his neighbor, as he has done it shall be done to him, 20 fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth; whatever injury he has given a person shall be given to him.

But if there is harm (to a pregnant woman), then you shall pay life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.

Jesus' view:

“You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’  But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Tarheel Baptist said:
rsc2a said:

And, do you not believe there are vastly different roles for a government and for individual Christians?

No. I"m saying that Jesus is the perfect image of God and we should interpret Scripture in accordance with His words and actions. So again, can you provide anything in the teachings of Jesus that would support your views?

And, the idea of different roles for government and individuals is laughable when you are defending evil and completely foreign to the teachings of Scripture. "We don't think Christians should be out murdering people, but they should support governments that do!"

rsc2a said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
rsc2a said:

No. I"m saying that Jesus is the perfect image of God and we should interpret Scripture in accordance with His words and actions. So again, can you provide anything in the teachings of Jesus that would support your views?

And, the idea of different roles for government and individuals is laughable when you are defending evil and completely foreign to the teachings of Scripture. "We don't think Christians should be out murdering people, but they should support governments that do!"

Sorry, but I'm not one who believes the Scripture is only written in red.
And, I'm not one who doesn't know what a hermeneutic is....take that argument to Emergent Village.

I actually do believe that we should support government in executing punishment against evildoers....it's in THE BIBLE!
And, Jesus said give to Caesar that which is Caesar's...for those of you who have a red letter bible.
Romans 13:
Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended.
For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.
Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

And Habakkuk asks how long Israel will go unpunished for their wickedness only for God to tell him that He was fixing to have the Babylonians destroy them. Habakkuk's complaint? "They are more wicked than we are!" (Sunday school lesson here: Just because God uses the actions of wicked men doesn't mean we should cheer those actions as good.)

Now if you actually want to look at the words of Jesus, He said something about praying for your enemies and leaving retribution up to God. He said, "You have heard it said, 'An eye for an eye but I say unto you..." And, if you want to argue government, those "you have heard it said"s He was referring to were the legal code for Israel at one time!

TB is a poltical christian.  Just look at his jump from the IFB to the SBC. 

rsc2a said:
And Habakkuk asks how long Israel will go unpunished for their wickedness only for God to tell him that He was fixing to have the Babylonians destroy them. Habakkuk's complaint? "They are more wicked than we are!" (Sunday school lesson here: Just because God uses the actions of wicked men doesn't mean we should cheer those actions as good.)

Now if you actually want to look at the words of Jesus, He said something about praying for your enemies and leaving retribution up to God. He said, "You have heard it said, 'An eye for an eye but I say unto you..." And, if you want to argue government, those "you have heard it said"s He was referring to were the legal code for Israel at one time!

Habakkuk?
Did he quote Jesus?!

Feeelings...whoa, whoa feeelings....
For some reason that old song came to my head when I consider your theology.  ;)

No, I quoted Jesus...

...something you have yet to do and words you completely ignore when it comes to your politics.

rsc2a said:
No, I quoted Jesus...

...something you have yet to do and words you completely ignore when it comes to your politics.

You quoted Habakkuk.
You might consider looking into an online Hermeneutics class...or maybe there's a Kitchen Table Seminary.

Just keep on a turning them cheeks.....until they can get to your children.

I also quoted Jesus. I know you aren't stupid and since you are resorting to acting stupid and tired old ad homs, it's blatantly clear you know you cannot align your politics with the teachings of Jesus.