Any Android Rooters Out There?

Mathew Ward

Elect
Reaction score
I am looking to root my Nexus 4 phone and Nexus 7 Tablet...any suggestions?

A good layer of compost, some 10-10-10 fertilizer and water it well for the first couple of days.

They should root just fine if they are healthy.

Check here for a forum for your phone.  There should be instructions on how to root it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/

I rooted my Galaxy S3.  It was easy, and it makes it possible to do many useful things you can't do without root. 

Strictly out of curiosity (not that I would actively discourage anyone from using their computer hardware in any way they please), I assume that rooting an Android device is the equivalent of "jailbreaking" an iOS one.  Does rooting Android void your warranty in the same way that jailbreaking an iPad would?  I can imagine that the situation is somewhat different, given that Android is Linux-based rather than closed source.

Ransom said:
Strictly out of curiosity (not that I would actively discourage anyone from using their computer hardware in any way they please), I assume that rooting an Android device is the equivalent of "jailbreaking" an iOS one.  Does rooting Android void your warranty in the same way that jailbreaking an iPad would?  I can imagine that the situation is somewhat different, given that Android is Linux-based rather than closed source.

I can't say, since I don't know what jailbreaking iOS means.  I thought that was for switching to another carrier. 

It does void the warranty, but being Linux-based, people easily figured out how to reset the phone to stock (and also reset the flash counter flag that is supposed to warn the phone company that someone messed with the phone). 

So if someone needed to bring the phone in for hardware service, they could restore it to stock and reset the flash counter in just a few minutes.