Any Churchs you would recommend?

Techmedic

Elect
Reaction score
Hey all... I'm wondering is there any churches in/ near CP you would recommend? I'm leaving mine and am looking for a new one.

Do you want to stay in the CP area?  Griffith Baptist is going to be building in CP I think come spring.  But it will be a while before they finish.  I'm sure there's other small ones around if you like that.  Bethel Baptist is in Highland.  There's Bethel in CP, if you like the rock N roll type of church.  A lot of former FBC people go there and a friend of mine says it's too rocky for her, but they go. 

Still There said:
Do you want to stay in the CP area?  Griffith Baptist is going to be building in CP I think come spring.  But it will be a while before they finish.  I'm sure there's other small ones around if you like that.  Bethel Baptist is in Highland.  There's Bethel in CP, if you like the rock N roll type of church.  A lot of former FBC people go there and a friend of mine says it's too rocky for her, but they go.

I think that a lot of people have no idea what rocknroll is or is about. I am sure a lot of fbc people would deem Jimmy Swaggart's music 'RocknRoll".

BALAAM said:
Still There said:

I think that a lot of people have no idea what rocknroll is or is about. I am sure a lot of fbc people would deem Jimmy Swaggart's music 'RocknRoll".

Just take those old records off the shelf.... :p

16KJV11 said:
BALAAM said:
Still There said:

I wanna listen to em by myself....

I've been to Bethel... Not too hip on it.... I have considered going to a catholic (I was raised Catholic) one until I can find another decent one.

Still There said:

Still there, I don't want to sound angry or critical. But, I started going to Bethel a while back and am kind of shocked that it is not at all what it was painted to be at fbch. In fact I am starting to see a lot of things are not what fbch painted them to be.

Techmedic said:
I've been to Bethel... Not too hip on it.... I have considered going to a catholic (I was raised Catholic) one until I can find another decent one.
You may as well try the church that runs Fairhaven Baptist College!  ??? :eek: ;D

Just make that short drive to the north west side...

...of Chicago.  :D

BALAAM said:
16KJV11 said:
BALAAM said:
Still There said:

I wanna listen to em by myself....
Have you heard today's music?  It doesn't seem to have the same soul.

Anishinaabe

I know about a dozen people who grew up in fbch and who are now going to Emmanuel Baptist in Hebron. Never been there myself, but these people all seem to love it.

BALAAM said:
I know about a dozen people who grew up in fbch and who are now going to Emmanuel Baptist in Hebron. Never been there myself, but these people all seem to love it.

Pretty good place. They have a school, decent people, nice facilities. It's a good size church but never struck me as the type looking to build an empire (mega church) of their own. Not as strict as FBC in standards but by no means liberal. Give them a shot.

fishinnut said:
Tom Brennan said:
Just make that short drive to the north west side...

...of Chicago.  :D
Moody?

Yes, his picture does hang in our foyer just beside the Welcome Center. Is that good enough?

:D

Thanks Everyone..... I think I will give Bethel a shot, I know several people that go there and I'll give it another shot, the last time I was there was years ago maybe they changed or I changed and can enjoy it.

I want to give Balaam a big thanks too!

Over the years people's tastes change. If Mrs. Hyles can handle the music used at a church like First

Dallas then any of us should also be able to handle it. She learned personally and up close from Bro.

Hyles. If Bro. Hyles philosophies did not stick with his wife of over 50 years, why would anyone

else be expected to continue to hold to such a discredited belief system?

There is a massive difference between ones tastes and that which is right or wrong.

I have a hard time listening to the heavy drum beat in the music at First Dallas, but I would be hard

pressed to prove it wrong from scripture as many IFBx types attempt to do.

bgwilkinson said:
Over the years people's tastes change. If Mrs. Hyles can handle the music used at a church like First

Dallas then any of us should also be able to handle it. She learned personally and up close from Bro.

Hyles. If Bro. Hyles philosophies did not stick with his wife of over 50 years, why would anyone

There is a massive difference between ones tastes and that which is right or wrong.

I have a hard time listening to the heavy drum beat in the music at First Dallas, but I would be hard

One of the first sundays I went to Bethel, I happened to meet the music director. As we were talking he asked me how I liked the services, etc. and I told him that the music was totally different than I was used to. He said,"Apart from our different taste in music, if you ever hear anything that you feel is unscriptural, I wish you would tell me immediately."

bgwilkinson said:

I'm not saying you're wrong, but what if it goes against your conscience?