Anyone else have trouble sleeping?

AverageJoe

Elect
Reaction score
For as long as I can remember, off and on I have had trouble sleeping..falling asleep, staying asleep, etc. I have tried ear plugs, masks over the eyes to black things out, warm milk, which I hate with a passion and some nights hot cocoa. I was told by the doctor who handles my bilateral Meniere's Disease that it has to do with the disease. I was told that it causes me to have an episode that he referred to as "cluster headaches", which are a type of migraine. He said that it opens the blood vessels too much causing me to have too much energy. As wiped out as I get, I don't feel any "energy",  believe me Do any of you have any clues about what to do other than lying in a cool, dark room wiht the eyes closed? Thanks in advance.
BT

Brother_Tony said:
For as long as I can remember, off and on I have had trouble sleeping..falling asleep, staying asleep, etc. I have tried ear plugs, masks over the eyes to black things out, warm milk, which I hate with a passion and some nights hot cocoa. I was told by the doctor who handles my bilateral Meniere's Disease that it has to do with the disease. I was told that it causes me to have an episode that he referred to as "cluster headaches", which are a type of migraine. He said that it opens the blood vessels too much causing me to have too much energy. As wiped out as I get, I don't feel any "energy",  believe me Do any of you have any clues about what to do other than lying in a cool, dark room wiht the eyes closed? Thanks in advance.
BT
Have you tried Melatonan?

16KJV11 said:
Brother_Tony said:
BT

Have you tried Jack Daniels?

16KJV11 said:
Brother_Tony said:
BT

Yes. I tried Melatonin several times and at several differing strengths. Believe it or not, it kept me awake. I forget the exact term that the PCP called it, but it's similar if not an autoimmune reaction to the body's natural sleep inducing chemicals.  Wish it would have worked. Even warm milk hasn't worked. I was told by one doctor to try drinking a beer or two jiggers of Jack Daniels or Jim Beam.  I only use those in hot toddies when I have pneumonia, which over the past five years has been at least three to give times a year.
BT

Brother_Tony said:
16KJV11 said:
Brother_Tony said:
BT

Yes. I tried Melatonin several times and at several differing strengths. Believe it or not, it kept me awake. I forget the exact term that the PCP called it, but it's similar if not an autoimmune reaction to the body's natural sleep inducing chemicals.  Wish it would have worked. Even warm milk hasn't worked. I was told by one doctor to try drinking a beer or two jiggers of Jack Daniels or Jim Beam.  I only use those in hot toddies when I have pneumonia, which over the past five years has been at least three to give times a year.
BT
I am certainly praying for you.

Brother_Tony said:
16KJV11 said:
Brother_Tony said:
BT

BT

FYI, I was joking about the JD.  Hopefully you're joking too.