Anyone watch Let's us Prey on ID

Sherryh

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
This was about the abuse of seven ladies from around the country from IFB leaders. It was great it made me ashamed to know who they were talking about and for years nothing was done. I hope now they are looking over their shoulder knowing they are coming after them. I'm so glad that justice was served to several . Tell me what you thought if you watched?

Yes, it’s hard to believe how depraved those wolves are/were.

I am usually skeptical of TV exposes, and find some of their editing questionable, but the fact they will make some of these ministries think twice before covering for pedophiles by shuffling them off to another unsuspecting congregation is a good thing. And getting justice for those harmed is definitely a very good thing.

I've watched the 1st 3 episodes so far. Heart-wrenching stuff. It confirms even more that Hammond is a cesspool - as well as those who have hitched their wagons to Hammond.

I got our family out of a Hyles-following church before either of my daughters were teens, but I am going to ask them if they were victims of inappropriate/illegal behavior.

Going to watch it tomorrow night. Glad victims are getting a voice. I'd really like to hear FBC's take on it. Publicly apologizing for a long-haired guy seems silly in light of this.

I've watched the 1st 3 episodes so far. Heart-wrenching stuff. It confirms even more that Hammond is a cesspool - as well as those who have hitched their wagons to Hammond.

I got our family out of a Hyles-following church before either of my daughters were teens, but I am going to ask them if they were victims of inappropriate/illegal behavior.
Every parent must warn their children that there are wolves out there. At church, school, community, work, everywhere. We even looked up the pedophile list for our community when they were old enough.

Teach them about private places no one should ever touch.

Make them understand you are here to protect them and they can tell you anything.

Nothing should be kept from mom and dad, except what they are getting for Christmas.

I told my children if daddy does something wrong of if your afraid to tell me something call grandma and grandpa.They will always know what to do.

My kids might be afraid I would kill someone very slowly so grandma might be a better choice in those cases.

I've been surprised which I shouldn't be that Dr Wilkerson would not meet with Joy or the other ladies . I believe its the deacons controlling the situation. I could be wrong which I doubt. Just my gut feeling. I have no respect for him........

This was about the abuse of seven ladies from around the country from IFB leaders. It was great it made me ashamed to know who they were talking about and for years nothing was done. I hope now they are looking over their shoulder knowing they are coming after them. I'm so glad that justice was served to several . Tell me what you thought if you watched?
I'm two episodes in, Sherry. I saw your post after I typed the following on someone else's post.

"I hesitate to type this, but Sarah Smith reached out to me when I posted something on a forum anonymously.

I don't hesitate to type this - I sent her a link to the "polished shaft". I know where she was when she saw it for the first time. She had to lower the volume on her phone because of the content.

Blame her. Blame me. Blame the women who have been called "whores" publicly and privately. Never blame the pastors who kept quiet and didn't report it to the proper authorities. Never blame the predator - only the victim! That's how the abuse continues.

Over 40 years ago, my youth pastor in an IFB church victimized young girls. Most of them did not have a father figure in their home. That's how I became best friends with one of the girls in my youth group. She walked up to me when we were both teens and said, "Bro. M is touching me." I was stunned. I had no idea what to do. I didn't know who to tell. My parents did not attend church, and there was enough dysfunction going on (not sexual) in my own home. Sadly, I sat on it.

Last year, I learned of another girl that the same youth pastor took across the freaking border! He got a hotel room for both of them. He's dead now. We're not. I learned that his "adopted" daughter committed suicide over 30 years ago.

This is serious stuff. The only reason I knew about HAC was because my youth pastor (same guy) attended "pastor's school" in Indiana when I was a teenager. Coincidence?

Bro. M, the youth pastor, touted HAC over Tennessee Temple. He said one time, "They have fewer divorces at HAC." I said, "How long have they been in existence?" The answer was about 2 years. I said something like - maybe you should wait a few years before making that claim.

I'm not saying they are all bad. I am saying beware! If you know of something - tell it!"

I find it mildly confusing having two concurrent threads on the same topic, with very similar titles.

If they can be combined easily, would anyone object?

I find it mildly confusing having two concurrent threads on the same topic, with very similar titles.

Not me.

How does Goddard (I'm not going to use the term pastor that he retains) escape from mandatory reporting? That's a misdemeanor that can result in jail time.

I don't have a television. Is there somewhere online to watch it for free?

Not at all

How does Goddard (I'm not going to use the term pastor that he retains) escape from mandatory reporting? That's a misdemeanor that can result in jail time.
How does a church keep insurance when they hear these reports.

While the general consensus seems to be that it'd be all right, I just realized that the two threads are in two different categories. So on second thought, I'll leave them be.

That bit above the category list with the most recent threads can be a blessing and a curse...