Are Cruz and Rubio Traitors?

IFB X-Files said:
aleshanee said:
but the precedent considering children born to u.s. citizens abroad  to be natural born citizens themselves...was set long ago....... and candidates who were considered u.s. citizens under that rule were deemed qualified to run for president in the past too..... ...... ..

george romney... father of mit romney... was allowed to run for president in 1968.... and he was born to u.s. citizens living in mexico..... ...... even john mccain who ran in 2008 was born in panama.....  from what i understand the term "natural born"... comes from english law and covered being born to a citizen of your parent country even when your parents are out of that country..... ..... the framers of the constitution added it in to make that clear and include those u.s. citizens born in foreign countries because in the next line it states "or a citizen of the united states".. which all persons born on u.s. soil are considered anyway......

and the last sentence in that section says presidential candidates must have been...  "fourteen years a resident of the united states"...  ... which would actually give a 35 year old u.s. citizen... born to u.s. citizens abroad....  room to have grown up in a foreign country before coming to the united states at age 21 and running for president 14 years later....

I believe the first article I quote discusses Romney and McCain.  No problem for McCain.  I don't remember what was stated about Romney.  However, besides the point concerning Cruz and Rubio.

Whatever you do, don't mention yoga pants! :D

aleshanee said:
but the precedent considering children born to u.s. citizens abroad  to be natural born citizens themselves...was set long ago....... and candidates who were considered u.s. citizens under that rule were deemed qualified to run for president in the past too..... ...... ..

george romney... father of mit romney... was allowed to run for president in 1968.... and he was born to u.s. citizens living in mexico..... ...... even john mccain who ran in 2008 was born in panama.....  from what i understand the term "natural born"... comes from english law and assured citizenry of a parents country to those born to a citizen of that country even when their parents ... specifically the mother.... was out of that country at the time of birth.. ..... ..... the framers of the constitution added it in to make that clear and include those u.s. citizens born in foreign countries because in the next line it states "or a citizen of the united states".. which all persons born on u.s. soil are considered anyway......

and the last sentence in that section says presidential candidates must have been...  "fourteen years a resident of the united states"...  ... which would actually give a 35 year old u.s. citizen... born to u.s. citizens abroad....  room to have grown up in a foreign country before coming to the united states at age 21 and running for president 14 years later....

I have to disagree on the 14 year application. :)

The 14 year residency clause can easily be seen as pertaining to those who were born in the U.S. and lived abroad some years of their lives. They would have to live 14 years within the U.S. before they were eligible for office.

aleshanee said:
IFB X-Files said:
I would recommend you take the time to study the source material, much of which is listed in the links.  I'm not sure I understand your opposition to upholding the Constitution, but many do.  Oh, since we're talking about people who are not the subject of the OP, let's bring up Spiro Agnew.

I'm not talking about the past about people who are dead, I'm talking about NOW.

ok smartass .... where did you get the idea i don;t believe in upholding the constitution?....... i am going strictly by what;s written in the constitution - and by rulings that were made on it by the supreme court  2 centuries ago when i posted my answers..........who wrote the conspiracy theory rags you got some of your info from?.....

what i posted directly applies to cruz and rubio.....  yet you said yourself romney and mccain were also mentioned in your "precious" source material...... so what;s your problem?..........  and why did you bring up obama?.........i don;t like him any more than you do but he was born right here in honolulu in 1961...  and hawaii became a state in 1959.......... that makes him a natural born citizen whether you like him or not...

so i would recommend you take your lies about me not respecting the constitution and obama being an usurper and shove them back where you pulled your own anti-constitutional conspiracy theories from..... ...........

He's definitely being obtuse... :)

McCain is a little different. He was born on U.S soil at Naval Air Station in Coco Solo. It really doesn't matter if its Panama or not. McCain even go the the U.S. Senate to approve a non-binding resolution recognizing McCain's status as a natural-born citizen.

Maybe Ted can get the same.... :)

I happen to believe that Ted would probably win the lawsuit if someone with standing would challenge it in court.... but who knows what the Supreme Court would say. I think orginalists would reject it but Scalia is gone now.

I do think its ironic and kidda funny that Cruz is a Canadian anchor baby... :)

aleshanee said:
praise_yeshua said:
aleshanee said:

george romney... father of mit romney... was allowed to run for president in 1968.... and he was born to u.s. citizens living in mexico..... ...... even john mccain who ran in 2008 was born in panama.....  from what i understand the term "natural born"... comes from english law and assured citizenry of a parents country to those born to a citizen of that country even when their parents ... specifically the mother.... was out of that country at the time of birth.. ..... ..... the framers of the constitution added it in to make that clear and include those u.s. citizens born in foreign countries because in the next line it states "or a citizen of the united states".. which all persons born on u.s. soil are considered anyway......

I have to disagree on the 14 year application. :)

The 14 year residency clause can easily be seen as pertaining to those who were born in the U.S. and lived abroad some years of their lives. They would have to live 14 years within the U.S. before they were eligible for office.

yes... it could be seen that way.... ..... ....... but how does the supreme court look at it?........ they are the ones who make rulings on what the constitution says or doesn;t say...... and they allowed 2 people .... that we know of..... to run for president in the past who were born to u.s. citizens living in foreign countries..........

I don't think they ever really weighed in on enough on the subject. I think either would win a court battle but who knows for sure. With Scalia gone now.... Who knows the way things will go on the Supreme Court anymore.

IFB X-Files said:
aleshanee said:
IFB X-Files said:
I would recommend you take the time to study the source material, much of which is listed in the links.  I'm not sure I understand your opposition to upholding the Constitution, but many do.  Oh, since we're talking about people who are not the subject of the OP, let's bring up Spiro Agnew.

I'm not talking about the past about people who are dead, I'm talking about NOW.

ok smartass .... where did you get the idea i don;t believe in upholding the constitution?....... i am going strictly by what;s written in the constitution - and by rulings that were made on it by the supreme court  2 centuries ago when i posted my answers..........who wrote the conspiracy theory rags you got some of your info from?.....

what i posted directly applies to cruz and rubio.....  yet you said yourself romney and mccain were also mentioned in your "precious" source material...... so what;s your problem?..........  and why did you bring up obama?.........i don;t like him any more than you do but he was born right here in honolulu in 1961...  and hawaii became a state in 1959.......... that makes him a natural born citizen whether you like him or not...

so i would recommend you take your lies about me not respecting the constitution and obama being an usurper and shove them back where you pulled your own anti-constitutional conspiracy theories from..... ...........

Obama is not a natural born US citizen as his father was Kenyan.  My take on your posts is that you oppose the Constitution, not that you are lying.  Again, we are discussing Cruz and Rubio.  Have a blessed day.

Obama's mother was a U.S. Citizen. I do believe Obama was more than likely a dual citizen but Obama was definitely a U.S. Citizen.

IFB X-Files said:
praise_yeshua said:
I do think its ironic and kidda funny that Cruz is a Canadian anchor baby...

And Rubio is a Cuban one.  Neither parent was a US citizen at his birth.

Cruz's mother was a U.S. Citizen. She was born in Delaware.

IFB X-Files said:
praise_yeshua said:
IFB X-Files said:
praise_yeshua said:
I do think its ironic and kidda funny that Cruz is a Canadian anchor baby...

And Rubio is a Cuban one.  Neither parent was a US citizen at his birth.

Cruz's mother was a U.S. Citizen. She was born in Delaware.

Yes, but his father is Cuban/Canadian.  Not natural born.  BTW, have you seen or read the material questioning when Cruz became a US citizen?  It's very interesting.

I have my fair share of it. I didn't read the links you posted,

I do believe the Ted Cruz lied about not knowing he held Canadian citizenship. He can't be that dumb. I believe a originalist would reject him but there aren't but 2 left on the Supreme Court. The rest will probably rule that he is a natural born citizen. Who knows, with Roberts leading the court.... they might not even take the case and leave it up to the public to either reject or accept his candidacy. Which really is what should happen. Whether we like it or not, the majority spoke loud and clear on Obama. If they do the same on Ted, then so be it.

IFB X-Files said:
I would recommend you take the time to study the source material, much of which is listed in the links.

Two blogs, the Washington Post, and Slate.

That's some high-level legal research you've done there. *snerk*