Are Democrats on this forum returning their refunds?

FSSL

Staff member
Administrator
Doctor
Reaction score
Lol!!!

http://babylonbee.com/news/irs-still-waiting-for-liberals-to-voluntarily-mail-their-refund-checks-back/

FSSL said:
Lol!!!

http://babylonbee.com/news/irs-still-waiting-for-liberals-to-voluntarily-mail-their-refund-checks-back/

Yes, the article is correct. One must wait a year to actually return the tax cut money. Gotta love the Babylon Bee.

FSSL said:
Lol!!!

Yeah...If I get a return I will return it when Republicans return their Social Security check. 

LongGone said:
Yeah...If I get a return I will return it when Republicans return their Social Security check.

Perfect illustration of the difference between the Dems and Republicans.

Republicans want everyone to keep their own money and try to get as much of it back from the government. Social Security never belongs to the government. Tax cuts are great for everyone!

Democrats are all for the government taking everyone else?s money. Social security is the governments money to dole out. Dems want everyone else to pay in. When it comes to them, individually, they want their own money.

FSSL said:
LongGone said:

Perfect illustration of the difference between the Dems and Republicans.

Republicans want everyone to keep their own money and try to get as much of it back from the government. Social Security never belongs to the government. Tax cuts are great for everyone!

Democrats are all for the government taking everyone else?s money. Social security is the governments money to dole out. Dems want everyone else to pay in. When it comes to them, individually, they want their own money.

That is where you are wrong. Social Security has never been our money. The current payers pay for the people currently receiving. The people currently receiving paid for those before them. The money you paid in is long gone. Social Security is nothing but a tax and a big reason in its current form is unsustainable. The model was built thinking people's life expectancy would be much less than it is currently today.

Your money is long gone and future tax payers will pay for your benefit.

You confuse reality.

The money we sent in is our money. It never belonged to the government.

Their misappropriation withstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's kinda hard to "give back" what one has not received. ;)

FSSL said:
You confuse reality.

The money we sent in is our money. It never belonged to the government.

Their misappropriation withstanding.

You are the confused one my friend...the money never belonged to you :)

qwerty said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Yeah....

Wait, but what is a tax refund?

The tax refund is the money a person paid over what they owed. You can need to pay more tax than the previous year and still get a refund or need to pay less tax than the previous year and still have to pay in on April 15th.

LongGone said:
ou are the confused one my friend...the money never belonged to you :)

Never trust a Democrat with your money. They think it is theirs!

To be consistent with their words, they should liquidate most of their assets and give them to the poor and less fortunate. If they want to put their money where their collective mouth?s are...

qwerty said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Yeah....

Dunno. I had to pay both state and federal because I don't itemize charitable giving.

Oh, and I never saw the "tax break" on my paycheck that everyone has been talking about.

Smellin Coffee said:
qwerty said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Yeah....

Dunno. I had to pay both state and federal because I don't itemize charitable giving.

Oh, and I never saw the "tax break" on my paycheck that everyone has been talking about.

Then all of this talk of a tax cut and a booming economy MUST be untrue.... ;)

... or Smellin? works for a bunch of Democrats who don?t ?trickle down.?

Smellin Coffee said:
qwerty said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Yeah....

For some.... Math is hard.

qwerty said:
Smellin Coffee said:
qwerty said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Yeah....

For some.... Math is hard.

Yeah, I am making $.08 less on my paycheck in March than I was in December. Salaried employee so any additional tax benefit should be more noticeable. Certainly not a math issue as my checks don't fluctuate more than a dollar from bi-week to bi-week.

Tarheel Baptist said:
Smellin Coffee said:
qwerty said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Yeah....

Never made such a claim.

FSSL said:
... or Smellin? works for a bunch of Democrats who don?t ?trickle down.?

The personal tax decrease is not a part of "trickle down". Should be across the board. ;)

Smellin Coffee said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Smellin Coffee said:
qwerty said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Yeah....

Never made such a claim.

Of course you didn't because the evidence to the contrary is overwhelming!
Trump, in his first year, has overcome the damage of Obama's 8 years of economic disaster.

And, you know which way the flotilla's travel... ;)