Are You an Archaeology Buff?

I did a little digging around on this guy and found he has some impressive connections.

First off, I wouldn't expect anyone you post a link to to be connected with Swaggart 😏.

Next, I paid attention to his treatment of the Scriptures and found it to be solid. Then, upon finding out he's part of the faculty of Shepherd's Theological Seminary, I looked at their doctrine and found it to be spot on. Not only that, faculty members are required to annually affirm the doctrinal position of STS. It was then time to look into who is in leadership; I had a sneaking hunch I knew who it was but it was confirmed when I saw that Stephen Davy is founder/president. I was discipled by the organization his father, Keith founded, Missions to Military. I attended the church Keith founded and I knew Stephen's older brother, Dan. Upon scrolling through the list of faculty, I was pleasantly surprised to find Doug Bookman, formerly of The Master's College. I never attended one of Doug's classes but wish I had. He was very highly respected while I was at TMC.

No doubt about it. Plenty of meat and no need to spit out bones here.

Huh!!
I knew Dan Davy when I was at Detroit Baptist Theoogical. A childhood friend of mine was his Associate as well. I thought they retained the name of Central Baptist Theological East.

Thanks for sharing! Looks like I stumbled on to a great channel!

Last edited:
Stephen is the only son of Keith's I never met... At least that I can remember. I look at him and I can see his mother, Yvonne. I am to understand that Keith and Yvonne are still alive! I had the distinct privilege of knowing Yvonne's mother. She was a mother to the many servicemen that Keith and Yvonne ministered to. Precious memories...

Late edit... A note on MTM's website says that both Keith and Yvonne have gone to be with the Lord. Not surprising; Keith was 92, Yvonne, 88. Yvonne passing first. Sad on one hand but I rejoice because I'm sure they are hearing, "Well done, good and faithful servant(s)."

I was attending Colonial Baptist in Virginia Beach when they began their seminary. In fact, I took a survey of the book of Romans from Ross Olsen who was second only to Keith in MTM. Ross was a very personable fellow. In fact a good friend of mine who @Baptist Renegade knew named his son after Ross.

Last edited:
Was Jim an associate or youth pastor around 1987?

Or music minister...

Last edited:
If Jim is the one I am thinking about, he and I knew each other quite well. After I got out of the Navy and before I moved to California, I volunteered quite a bit of my time at Colonial. We worked together on a few projects. I can't remember that pastor's name but Newcomer rings a distant bell. If I remember correctly, he did have some musical ability.

BTW, to keep on track with the OP, this guy's archaeology channel is FANTASTIC! Very informed and very centered on the scriptures.

I'm seriously thinking about buying his book.

Last edited:
Watching Joel discussing prophesy with a Mormon... Joel has the Mormon on the ropes... It's surprisingly hard to watch.