Ransom

Stalker
Staff member
Administrator
Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
As I said a year ago, time will tell.

So... flash in the pan, or real revival?

I agree with the quick take of the blogger, but one of the repetitive themes of the comments section was that many of the people who attended the revival were not local, but rather came from far away. As per the number of people who attended daily I doubt that it is accurate ti say a majority or significant minority came from afar, but if so then further analysis would be complicated and necessary to estimate the effects of the “revival”.

I agree with the quick take of the blogger, but one of the repetitive themes of the comments section was that many of the people who attended the revival were not local, but rather came from far away. As per the number of people who attended daily I doubt that it is accurate ti say a majority or significant minority came from afar, but if so then further analysis would be complicated and necessary to estimate the effects of the “revival”.
I don’t disagree with your point. My only question would be why there has been no reported continuation coming from those other locations?

I don’t disagree with your point. My only question would be why there has been no reported continuation coming from those other locations?
Absolutely right, and that combined with the question of where is the fruit for those in the immediate area of Asbury who are still there.

I don't know about you all, but I have something working within me that holds more power than any supposed revival: it happens whenever I get into the Word and the Word gets into me.

I know little to nothing about the Asbury revival, but I do know I have met 100's of people in my lifetime who were saved at Billy Grahm crusadea, but only attended church a few years or not at all. They give a very clear account of their salvation experiance, but have very little fruit to show for it. Though I disagree with a lot of his theology I do believe he saw as many people come to know the Lord as their saviour as any human ever. That being said, I beliege the Billy Graham organization should have did more to see people get into church and to grow as Christians. The great commission includes teaching and baptising the converts and getting them into church.

This is an area most evangilistic churches could stand to improve in.

As for the Asbury revival I prayed God would use it to draw many to him. Sadly I did not follow it's progress