Baptist congregation in a SDA building?

Citadel of Truth

Elect
Reaction score
Would you have any problem, as a Baptist church member, if you met in a Seventh Day Adventist building; which, of course, is unused on Sunday?

There is a new church here in my area that is doing just that.

Why would I? It's just a building.

Granted, I'm not a Baptist, and I don't have any major issues with SDA.

rsc2a said:

What if they left cooties behind?

rsc2a said:

I'm ex baptist and I don't have an issue with it but the SDAs do obscure the true Sabbath.

praise_yeshua said:
rsc2a said:

I'm ex baptist and I don't have an issue with it but the SDAs do obscure the true Sabbath.

Baptists obscure the true Sabbath. ;) :p

Unless one considers the building "polluted", what would be the problem?  Personally, I wouldn't consider the building polluted.

Why not, they came up the the KJVO heresy many IFB "pastors" have fallen for.  Seems a pretty natural fit to me. 

Citadel of Truth said:
Would you have any problem, as a Baptist church member, if you met in a Seventh Day Adventist building; which, of course, is unused on Sunday?

Nope. Seems convenient.

If anything, I'd expect the discomfort to go the other way round. The SDAs are the superstitious ones.

Ransom said:
Citadel of Truth said:

Nope. Seems convenient.

I agree. I guess I thought more Baptists would be opposed to it for one reason or another. I'm sure there are those out there who would be.

subllibrm said:
rsc2a said:

What if they left cooties behind?

Did you mean cookies?

Ransom said:
Citadel of Truth said:

Nope. Seems convenient.

If anything, I'd expect the discomfort to go the other way round. The SDAs are the superstitious ones.

Ellen G. White the prophetess was great at conspiracy theories and revisionist history.

GCPB_081632090Xbig.jpg

Other facts:
Based on the King James Version. KJVOs are sure to like that.
Written in story form; makes it easy to understand
Are you prepared for what lies between these pages? Read on, and learn how to be on the winning side.

To read this book for yourself, go to . . .

http://www.ellenwhite.info/books/books-by-egw-gc.htm