Bathroom Bills Endanger Queer Kids

Smellin Coffee

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Nex Benedict was a non-binary student who as required by law, use the restroom of their birth sex which was a girls' bathroom in the school they attended. It was there they were beaten up by a group of girls, causing their death. The school broke up the attack but never called police or even the hospital for medical cars.

News sources have been leaving out the details of the student being non-binary and the alleged motivation for the bullying and eventually their murder. It took the mother of the victim's friend to report it to news sources as the school and media has tried to keep it under wraps.

As one who has a few trans friends, I fear for their safety and I know they obviously fear for their own. They are being targeted simply for existing as they are.

I'll post this link in case you missed it in your other thread...

Let's not forget there is biblical record showing Joseph (Old Testament) David, Jonathan and plausibly John were queer.

By the way, if you are using Scripture, context matters so rather than presuppose context based on bias, it is generally a good idea to deal with the issue of biblical narratives are not univocal, meaning they cannot be inerrant. And even if they COULD be inerrant, there is no way anybody in our generation could possibly have an inerrant hermeneutic. Romans 1 has absolutely nothing to do with consensual same-sex relationships as we would recognize in our culture.

Judaism has a pretty good idea behind the context of particularly what we would consider the Old Testament. Most (ultra-conservatives excluded) recognized there were up to 8 genders on the Talmud.

1. Zachar, male.
  2. Nekevah, female.
  3. Androgynos, having both male and female characteristics.
  4. Tumtum, lacking sexual characteristics.
  5. Aylonit hamah, identified female at birth but later naturally developing male characteristics.
  6. Aylonit adam, identified female at birth but later developing male characteristics through human intervention.
  7. Saris hamah, identified male at birth but later naturally developing female characteristics.
  8. Saris adam, identified male at birth and later developing female characteristics through human intervention.

Book recommendation primarily about gender complexity.

From the Amazon introduction for this book:

How different are men and women? When does it matter to us -- or to God? Are male and female the only two options? In Sex Difference in Christian Theology Megan DeFranza explores such questions in light of the Bible, theology, and science.

Many Christians, entrenched in culture wars over sexual ethics, are either ignorant of the existence of intersex persons or avoid the inherent challenge they bring to the assumption that everybody is born after the pattern of either Adam or Eve. DeFranza argues, from a conservative theological standpoint, that all people are made in the image of God -- male, female, and intersex -- and that we must listen to and learn from the voices of the intersexed among us.

1708366760421.png

1. Androgynos, having both male and female characteristics.
  2. Tumtum, lacking sexual characteristics.
  3. Aylonit hamah, identified female at birth but later naturally developing male characteristics.
  4. Aylonit adam, identified female at birth but later developing male characteristics through human intervention.
  5. Saris hamah, identified male at birth but later naturally developing female characteristics.
  6. Saris adam, identified male at birth and later developing female characteristics through human intervention.
They're called eunuchs.

Nex Benedict was a non-binary student

Not a very good student. Imagine being so unlearned you think "non-binary" is something real. LOL.

It was there they were beaten up

You mean she was. You admit she was born female, and so female she remained. "Were" is a plural noun, and there is one of her. You don't get to choose your quantity, either.

Also, obviously you're exploiting this girl's death to further an absurdist ideology, so you can spare us the emotionalistic codswallop about lacking empathy or whatever.

Last edited:
Let's not forget there is biblical record showing Joseph (Old Testament) David, Jonathan and plausibly John were

More plausibly you're queer.

Judaism has a pretty good idea behind the context of particularly what we would consider the Old Testament.

Well, if I convert to Judaism, I'll believe it.

Talmud! Basically a “commentary” on the OT. While it has some value for research it’s not equivalent to scripture anymore than the works of Henry, Ryrie, MacArthur et al.

Talmud! Basically a “commentary” on the OT. While it has some value for research it’s not equivalent to scripture anymore than the works of Henry, Ryrie, MacArthur et al.

Smellin is trying to convince us that we need to buy into rabbinic hermeneutics in order to understand the Bible properly. In other words, you need to be Jewish to be Christian.

I've often said that "progressives" are the modern-day scribes and Pharisees.

I'm not queer, but I am certainly not insulted in your insinuation because I don't find "queer" to be a pejorative. ;)

Edited in: Using such logic, pointing out White Supremacy makes me Black. :p
I wasn't using a pejorative. Your rejection of Christianity is moral, not intellectual. That's what I was pointing out before, and I'm pointing it out again.

I asked you here what it was you were free to do now that you've parted from Christianity, that biblical ethics denied you, and you never answered.

But your posting and reading of late seem centered on thoughts on genitalia, what to think of them, what to do with them and with whom.

I think we have our answer.

Last edited:
Interestingly enough, I first encountered the term "queer" as the adjective of choice at a student conference in Portland OR. I asked one of them about it and she explained it to me. All I could think about was "God gave them over to a reprobate mind..."

I wasn't using a pejorative. Your rejection of Christianity is moral, not intellectual. That's what I was pointing out before, and I'm pointing it out again.

I asked you here what it was you were free to do now that you've parted from Christianity, that biblical ethics denied you, and you never answered.

But your posting and reading of late seem centered on thoughts on genitalia, what to think of them, what to do with them and with whom.

I think we have our answer.
God gave them over to a reprobate mind...