Beautiful Day for a Ride

abcaines

Staff member
Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Temps are climbing into the mid 30s... Early morning fog is lifting... Skies are hazy with a little bit of sun shining through.

Around noon, approximately 300 bikers of all sorts will be gathering in the parking lot of a bowling alley to ride with a local MC, (motorcycle club) which has for the past 30+ years, sponsored a Toy Run to the Salvation Army delivering toys for their Christmas Connection outreach. We depart at 1:00 pm sharp. The ride, which lasts about a half hour or so, winds its way through the LC Valley as riders deliver the toys. This run is a hoot and there will be several of us from the Lewiston Clarkson Gospel Riders in this year's Toy Run.

You may ask, Riding motorcycles in December, in Idaho? Yup. It's normal for temperatures to hover around 40° at the time of the run. The run is usually blessed with fair weather as today's run looks to be.

Mrs. abcaines and I will start bundling up in about an hour; some friends will be showing up here and we'll ride together to where everyone will be gathering.

Last edited:

Video from last year's run. At the 3:57 mark, Mrs abcaines and I ride past the camera. We're on the red bike; she's wearing the bright green vest.

Temps are climbing into the mid 30s... Early morning fog is lifting... Skies are hazy with a little bit of sun shining through.

Around noon, approximately 300 bikers of all sorts will be gathering in the parking lot of a bowling alley to ride with a local MC, (motorcycle club) which has for the past 30+ years, sponsored a Toy Run to the Salvation Army delivering toys for their Christmas Connection outreach. We depart at 1:00 pm sharp. The ride, which lasts about a half hour or so, winds its way through the LC Valley as riders deliver the toys. This run is a hoot and there will be several of us from the Lewiston Clarkson Gospel Riders in this year's Toy Run.

You may ask, Riding motorcycles in December, in Idaho? Yup. It's normal for temperatures to hover around 40° at the time of the run. The run is usually blessed with fair weather as today's run looks to be.

Mrs. abcaines and I will start bundling up in about an hour; some friends will be showing up here and we'll ride together to where everyone will be gathering.
climbing into the 30s?.... 😲 ... it was 65 outside this morning when the sun came up... and i was freezing.... 🥶 .. it;s only 69 now... which is actually not too bad... as long as we stay bundled up and actve... .....but the national finals rodeo round 2 is also going to be on later today... so we are staying close to home... ....

your motorcycle ride sounds pretty awesome... i see you have the coffee... hopefully there are refills... :coffee:(y)... . it;s been a while since we have been out motorcycle riding... but my sister is the one i ride with and she;s in her office basically 24/7 nowdays..... her husband says he;s always game to go out for a ride, but i;m not doubling up with him.... and i;m in no way qualified to ride a motorcyle by myself..... so i;ll wait.....

i hope you have an awesome time out there today ... :cool: 🏍️ ....

Last edited:
Yup, it was a bit chilly this morning. Fair skies usually mean cold mornings. It's warmed up into the 40s with hazy sunshine. We're leaving in about 10 minutes.

It was a good ride. I was hoping to snap some pictures but got too busy. I would say there was close to 400 bikes in the procession. Big run this year and more toys than I recall ever seeing. There was seven of us (CMA). A fella from our church, and many friends present.

Temperature was the same as last year: 43°. Layers and a good windbreaker kept us warm.

Last edited: